Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newbie within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Originally Posted by buzer personally i think its silly to pick class only cuz it might be slightly better in ...
Page: 2

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buzer View Post
    personally i think its silly to pick class only cuz it might be slightly better in pvp.
    they all are quite balanced atm, i cant think of singe class that generally sux in pvp.
    Maybe some specs are bad but when it comes to classes then every single one is doing good in right hands with proper team setup.

just read about every class, watch few movies and stick to one u like most
    Definitely that is the right way to go. Your race and your class doesn't matter as long as you like it yourself. Also you can always reroll if you don't like the class you're playing

I'm lvl 34 now I'm my pally. Let's say i realize that I'd prefer another char when i am like 76... it's gonna be pretty much too late to restart all over again :P

Quote Originally Posted by Strappy View Post
    I'm lvl 34 now I'm my pally. Let's say i realize that I'd prefer another char when i am like 76... it's gonna be pretty much too late to restart all over again :P
    How come? I have like 8 lvl 80's all together.
    It takes less than 3 weeks to lvl from 1 to 80, if you get someone to boost you it'll take less than 2 weeks.
    Also you might wanna try playing a DK, they start at lvl 55. You can't make a DK unless you have another toon of lvl 55 or above though.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    How come? I have like 8 lvl 80's all together.
    It takes less than 3 weeks to lvl from 1 to 80, if you get someone to boost you it'll take less than 2 weeks.
    Also you might wanna try playing a DK, they start at lvl 55. You can't make a DK unless you have another toon of lvl 55 or above though.
    Heh, less then 2 weeks? Royal, this means no sleeping, eating etc might wanna quit your job too.

So far everyone has been commenting about Ret palies with Arena in mind. They are admittedly mediocre in arena right now. For battlegrounds though, they are incredible when properly geared and played. When Cata comes out, BGs will be put on the same level as arenas in terms of reward. If you like both, you might just have to play two different specs for both.

Blizzard constantly shifts the balance, so its nearly impossible to play one spec all the time and have it be a dominant spec. Very few specs have had good representation throughout all the arena seasons. The only two that come to mind are resto druids and arms warriors, though arms had a falling out sometime around S5-S6 due to DK Holy paly teams being dominant.

With a major expansion on the horizon and 4.0 coming out before the expansion itself, you will most definitely see a giant shift in who is dominant both in pvp and pve. The best option is to play what you enjoy, because you can make almost any spec work with the right people around you.

You also have 2 months of RAF bonus, so you can easily level multiple characters to 60 in that time. I did RAF on myself and got 6 60s in a week, with the random dungeon tool I imagine it would be easier. While you still have RAF you could level some more characters you think you might want to play to 60 if for some reason you hate your paly at 80.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

seeing as how u are playing a pally, RET pallys are terrible in arena (i have a lvl 80 pally, i play prot when im bored of my druid ), they lack interupt and cc's as well as they heavily rely on crit to do burst damage, where if ur going up against sum1 w/ gg resilience good luck :P, the way to go now is Protadin, which is basically a protection spec w/ many more cc's compared to ret and u live longer....

but overall most op class are casters in general atm, mages/boomkins/shadow priest/ locks/shamans = gg hence 90% of the time u see that if u go up against in 5's/3's is caster cleaves/wizcleaves etc because they have so many cc's and kiteing skills to burn u down faster then shit...

from my exp in arenas(been doing arena since they came out) in matter of 2v2s the most "effective" classes have still not changed, like its already been said. any class can do good in arena provided gear/talent(and more importantly imo a good partner). i have played a ret pally for a while now, while their decent, they can still easily get steamrolled in 2's. b/c obviously a half witted disc priest will mana burn till your nothing but a punching bag. just my thoughts

editi never think of everything lol) but yeh like he said CC/interrupts are the hardest part of pallys. while their biggest appeal to me is the amount of self heals while still dpsing. for luls in bgs when is more than 1 melee class ill use a tank sheild/1h and seal of light. i know it sounds lame but ive done many 1vx and won with almost full hp. thou it lasts awhile.

btw the things im saying are all random, just "fun things to know" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    Heh, less then 2 weeks? Royal, this means no sleeping, eating etc might wanna quit your job too.
    It took me 2 weeks exactly to level my huntard from 1 to 80 and I didn't get any major boosts. I also do have a job and yes, I do eat and sleep aswell. It all depends on how well you know the game, you can easily skip areas that aren't worth doing the quests.

Ontopic: Just test out classes, watch videos and choose the class / spec you're the most comfortable with. The WoW guide book that comes with the game is totally right when it tells you to ignore everything else and choose the race and class you want to play. It's a game after all and having fun is the most important part ^^
    Last edited by Dark3lf; 06-22-2010 at 10:23 PM.

i leveled my hunter in about 3-4 weeks to 80...
    (i did use a second account to boost myself through instances tho)
    Last edited by klkl; 06-22-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    It took me 2 weeks exactly to level my huntard from 1 to 80 and I didn't get any major boosts. I also do have a job and yes, I do eat and sleep aswell. It all depends on how well you know the game, you can easily skip ares that aren't worth doing the quests.

Ontopic: Just test out classes, watch videos and choose the class / spec you're the most comfortable with. The WoW guide book that comes with the game is totally right when it tells you to ignore everything else and choose the race and class you want to play. It's a game after all and having fun is the most important part ^^
    Well yea, he just started so he won't be getting there in 2 weeks, not even a month probably

KalaBunga Senior Member

paladins are fine just spec holy at 80 :P for arena on your rocketing arena's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12