A newby question

This is a discussion on A newby question within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; As someone who is about to start WOW (I ordered the game including the two expansions), I would like to ...
Page: 1

Default A newby question

As someone who is about to start WOW (I ordered the game including the two expansions), I would like to ask about the servers types.

I know the differences between PvE and PvP, but my question is why PvE and not PvP OR why PvP and not PvE?

I just want to see what people think about it.

Thanks

pvp sucks to level up in because you can get pked by anyone anywhere except major cities
    like if someone wants to really be an asshole, he can just camp your corpse and make you have to rezz in the graveyard and get graveyard sickness (or w/e its called)

pve u only pvp when you want to

Boyce

Well on PvP servers you are always flagged for PVP, so you can get attacked by anyone anywhere (except sanctuaries, eg main cities). So obviously this can be very annoying whilst leveling when you just wanna get on, but it can also people very fun if you are the one attacking people while leveling (Ganking).
    Pve is basically a normal server and people are not flagged for PVP everywhere. A lot of people will level on Pve servers and transfer to PVP.
    Correct my if im wrong someone.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

PvP is like CZ in KO , as above have said PvE you choose when to be flagged to fight. Good thing is you can tranfer chars over from all server types now so you can always try it out once your 80. I started on a RP server ( big big big mistake ) and moved onto a PvE server and now have the best fun I ever had online for years.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    PvP is like CZ in KO , as above have said PvE you choose when to be flagged to fight. Good thing is you can tranfer chars over from all server types now so you can always try it out once your 80. I started on a RP server ( big big big mistake ) and moved onto a PvE server and now have the best fun I ever had online for years.
    I'm on a RPpvp server, i've yet to see anybody rp in 11 months

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    I'm on a RPpvp server, i've yet to see anybody rp in 11 months
    same lol aside from people joking around making fun of rpers

So the conclusion is to go for PvE server and after lvling to 80, then maybe swtich to PvP server.

Thanks guys

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Steamwheedle on EU WOW is full of freaks. I dare not go in the inns at night due to sickos cybering upstairs. There were pirate guilds, criminal guilds , military guilds and so on. I really was worried these people had no idea where reality and the game meet.

I can guess why Will is on a RP server though, he is the forums biggest e-slut