Need some help

This is a discussion on Need some help within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I've really been progressing nicely in the game and thanks to Camma going over my stuff my items are improved. ...
Page: 1

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Default Need some help

I've really been progressing nicely in the game and thanks to Camma going over my stuff my items are improved. The problem I got is with my current gear I have lost some gems slots and now my hit rating is massivley over the 295/9% mark I need as a DK.

I have changed enchants and gems but because of the meta needing 2 blues I am stuck. The obvious area I think is changing my battlemaster trinket which has 95 hit rating on it but I am not sure what's a good choice to change it too. I put the trinket of mirrors on which is the 85 crit but I didn't like it that much. Would the attack power battle masters trinket be better? ( I like the health element )

My armoy link is The World of Warcraft Armory

not sur eif it has updated with my new gear yet.

Also any areas you think I could alter please feel free to help.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

well if ur over hit cap....get rid of ur hit rating gems :P

The armory not updated yet Cama so it's showing my old gear.

I have removed all hit gems and enchants with hit on , even made sure I didn't get the hit bonouses from the sockets.

still hasnt updated hooooours later -_- stupid armory

Supertinus

It shows 1 August? Or u updated at 2 August?

Banned Senior Member

From what I see on the armory right now, theres a few things that can change:
    If your a DPS, you dont really need the battlemasters trinket. On Use of 3300 hp doenst really do you much good, your already a high hp plate wearer. Your Hit is at 295 (9%) i dont know much about DKs but I believe the hitcap should be 8% for yellow/special attacks. If there is an AP Battlemasters trinket, go for that one. Overall if you can save up the cash for a Greatness ( 90 str ) buy it. There is a trinket thats better then that in 3.2 ( 450 str proc instead of 300 ) but I dont know how far along in the raid it is since Blizzard is releasing it one boss per week.
    ArP rating is good for Blood DKs only I've heard, so if you want to stick to blood I'd suggest swapping out the BattleMasters trinket with Grim Toll. It has Hit on it as well, and the 45% ArP proc you get is amazing
    Also, ditch the PVP shoulders for PVE content

DK melee special hit cap is 8% but for spell hit cap you need 289 hit. For blood the only spells you use are blood boil, death and decay, death coil, and icy touch.

I just looked at your armory and you're right on the spell hit cap so i don't see the problem. You should just keep the battlemasters trinket and wait for Pyrite Infuser - Item - World of Warcraft to drop from flame leviathan 10 man.

The armoury has not been updating so is showing my old set up which was bang on the money.

I've done some changes around today after a horrid time un Ulduar.

well shoulders like u said

gloves need to be upgraded, 8 str/12 stam needs to be replaced as its not even giving u the bonus so its worthless as u dont need stam

i dunno how ur stats work as a dk but getting Relentless Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft might be better than ur current meta +21 agility vs +21 crit rating...21 agil is like ap+crit i think whereas crit rating is ONLY crit rating

trinket suggestion will said above

I need it for the Meta gem to work.

Mjolnir Runestone - Item - World of Warcraft
    Grim Toll - Item - World of Warcraft

If you need a hit trinket, although you appear good on hit these are two of the best choices

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    well shoulders like u said

gloves need to be upgraded, 8 str/12 stam needs to be replaced as its not even giving u the bonus so its worthless as u dont need stam

i dunno how ur stats work as a dk but getting Relentless Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft might be better than ur current meta +21 agility vs +21 crit rating...21 agil is like ap+crit i think whereas crit rating is ONLY crit rating

trinket suggestion will said above
    Chaotic Skyflare is the best meta you can get for a dk. Agility only gives a small amount of crit and 0 ap to DK's (the only classes that it gives ap+crit to are hunters, rogues and shamans.). Crit also gives spell crit and agility only gives melee crit.

You don't HAVE to be at 9% hit as a dk. You can be 8% but your spells might miss once in a blue. I saw u have the crafted ulduar belt so you know how to make money (runed orbs are quite expensive. unless you got them from guild) So a greatness deck should be the next thing you should use your gold on. :P

I've done some more changes , different meta which allowed me to drop one of those smegging blue based gem. Managed to get a nice balance again.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOG4life View Post
    Chaotic Skyflare is the best meta you can get for a dk. Agility only gives a small amount of crit and 0 ap to DK's (the only classes that it gives ap+crit to are hunters, rogues and shamans.). Crit also gives spell crit and agility only gives melee crit.
    ya most dps classes would get like 1ap per agil and 2ap per str or some shit like that...guess its not like that with dk lol never played a dk beyond like lvl 60 xD

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I've done some more changes , different meta which allowed me to drop one of those smegging blue based gem. Managed to get a nice balance again.
    should prolly switch back to previous meta according to what triple said :P

Doh!

I got a BattleEdge tonight which has caused more issues. The guild has been working out the best route for me. Becuase I'm not in the standard armour set ( scourge armour ) they think on the upgrades I get will drop hit so the axe will help. I've dropped some crit but gained about 200 power now. Did a dps check and I am up 112 more than I was with my ironsoul.

I'm lucky our best dps is a rogue so I get 1st dibs on all plate as I am the only raiding DK in guild. Also the only plate dps main too, all the warriors tank