Planning on playing WOW

This is a discussion on Planning on playing WOW within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Hey guys i have been playing ko for like 4 years, i have been wondering how wow is and if ...
Page: 1

Default Planning on playing WOW

Hey guys i have been playing ko for like 4 years, i have been wondering how wow is and if it is a good game, ill like to try somenthing new and ill like to hear from you:
    What you like about WOW
    What is the best server to start
    Do i have to buy the CDs of the game? or can i use the a cd that my friend haves.
    What is the best class for pk and things like that, i am a warrior on ko and ill like to play somenthing like that on wow, a very powerfull class
    Is it worthy to leave KO and go to WOW?

What you like about WOW
    There's a lot more things to do than sitting in moradon trying to sell crap or running circles for bosses when pvp is dead. Also PVP is almost always active (if that's what you're looking for). There's also NO type of koxp bullshit or dupes.

What is the best server to start
    You can start in any server but if you want an easy time leveling, pick a normal/PVE server

Do i have to buy the CDs of the game? or can i use the a cd that my friend haves.
    You can use a CD or download it from the site.

What is the best class for pk and things like that, i am a warrior on ko and ill like to play somenthing like that on wow, a very powerfull class
    There are warriors but let me warn you now. WoW PVP is a lot more complicated than the simpleness of KO.

It's worth leaving KO for ANY game (even minesweeper).

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOG4life View Post
    It's worth leaving KO for ANY game (even minesweeper).
    i loled, so true

Ziellos

Quote Originally Posted by assassinofthemist View Post
    i loled, so true
    Very. However, WoW really isn't worth it, you can honestly ask ANY person inside a top 500 guild in the world or US and you'll most likely get the same response -- it would follow something along these lines, WoW is.. a chore. The raiding is fun due to content, achievements, and gear, however once you've obtained most of those you get EXTREMELY BORED, especially if the content is easy, which it's been for quite a while...

I quit recently, was in a top 25 guild on US, it gets beyond boring, besides the fact that it's addicting and extremely task/chore related in all aspects, you really don't obtain much enjoyment out of the game -- not to mention you have more things to do in KO than you do in WoW, well, more interesting activities.

Oh, let's not mention how ridiculous the PvP in WoW is, they completely screwed that up ages ago.

P.P.S

Most people that do play WoW still that are in top 20/10, w,e ranked guild that are high up, usually ONLY GET ON to raid. Most of them play other games in the meantime, i.e. Darkfall, Aion, Warhammer, L4D, Dota, and many more.

Banned Senior Member

Thats why you play the game in order to enjoy it. I'm in a top 20 guild on my realm, but I enjoy myself. We aren't hardcore, only raid 3 nights a week and have fun doing it. I dont pvp so all I do is raid, screw around, and farm. Playing with people you enjoy is better then being in a top guild in my eyes.

When the game becomes a routine/chore, thats when it gets boring. Just find a method that you enjoy and stick with it. Only thing that sucks is getting past the first 58 levels. I highly suggest doing RAF with someone who knows the game and get as many characters as you can to 60 during that three month period. Whenever you get the urge to level a new class later, it will already be 60 and you dont have to deal with leveling in Azeroth. Outlands/Northrend is a piece of cake

Still rather be wiping on bosses in ulduar than wiping at paramuns

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

even on fights im bored with i still enjoy wow...only thing that annoys me is when raids start later than scheduled time or theres a lot of down like of standing around just wiating for like 1 or 2 people...

as long as everything goes smooth though i enjoy even the boring fights prolly cuz theres always something fun going on in vent lol
    Last edited by camaz0tz; 08-03-2009 at 08:55 AM.

Supertinus

WoW is great. Sooo big world. Leveling is actually FUN, they quests make you forget ur grinding!
    I do agree with the fact that it may get bored when you reached final level (wich for new players will be 300+ hours) and did most raids (aka killing bosses in costum dungeons for ur party only)

Infat

Wow is great. Once you hit 80, it's time to gear up and make some gold... you can do daily quests for gold or you can farm... then raiding with your guild.. vent is a must for wow i think as the bosses are way more complicated and strategies are used more. I'm not much on PVP yet, but from what I hear its fun. I played KO for a few years.. way too time consuming...You can play WOW casually and still be decently geared... Hands down, wow is better.. as far as the server goes.. find one that your friends play so that you can do refer a friend program

Supertinus

Nah don't do Refer a Friend on ur first time imo. Doesn't give u a good image on how the leveling really is, u wont even have enough gold for training the low lvl skills

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

It's taken me a few attempts to get into WOW and recently I finally got my head around the game.

In KO it's about most NP and being top 5 clan.

You can do the PvP aspects throught the arena which is an very intesnsive enviorment.

You can be someoen who like a challange and wants to work as a team , then raiding is perfect.

Finally there are people who enjoy the game and like to the quests and achivements.

You basically have 3 types of server , full blooded PvP , PvE and Role Play. RP servers are very wierd and people will compleatly get into the role of being the char.

PvP is like being in CZ all the time , it can be very tough leveling on these servers.

PvE is actually the type of server I am on. I tend to do lots of varid stuff over the week , through to 4 nights of guild raiding and then in the day time I will make gold or do achivements from the massive list you can do.

Any server you can do the same thing it's jsut got different twists.

The one nice thing about going to WOW is alot of the Admins here play it , alot of the properly respected KO players play it and the forum encourages new people from other games to come on here. There are loads of great sites but I trust the guys on here for advice more than any other site.

Buy the game from the shop , always keep that orginal CD key nice and safe. I bought the expansions via Blizzard direct. Biggest advice is do't use a hotmail account for your WOW account as I known a few people including myself get hacked. Plus side was I got everything back in 5 hours of finding out. Also the security you can get to protect your account is on par to online banking.

Ziellos

Quote Originally Posted by Infat View Post
    Wow is great. Once you hit 80, it's time to gear up and make some gold... you can do daily quests for gold or you can farm... then raiding with your guild.. vent is a must for wow i think as the bosses are way more complicated and strategies are used more. I'm not much on PVP yet, but from what I hear its fun. I played KO for a few years.. way too time consuming...You can play WOW casually and still be decently geared... Hands down, wow is better.. as far as the server goes.. find one that your friends play so that you can do refer a friend program
    That is true, WoW is quite a lot less time consuming than KO, however, it's more addicting so people tend to make it more time consuming

I had around 30-40 days of "played" time on my DK that I quit, with two BIS sets for DPS and Tank, every single pre-ulduar achievement for raiding, and all normal ulduar and some hard mode ulduar 25/man and all 10-man achievements. Not to mention around 50k gold worth of items and gold still on my character, epic flying etc, and an amazing amount of achievements and PvP/arena achievements (includes Glad)

This includes a lot of afk and whatnot, etc. Compare this to KO.. Around 40 days of played time to get 83.. Most people take 3-6 months just to get that.. Ridiculous imo.