Question RE:Lock's

This is a discussion on Question RE:Lock's within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Hi all, decided to leave KO AGAIN!! and go to WOW. I've played a priest(shadow spec) too lvl 27 or ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Hi all, decided to leave KO AGAIN!! and go to WOW.

I've played a priest(shadow spec) too lvl 27 or so and have just decided to roll a Warlock. Now the question i'm asking is, if i go affliction spec, what stats am I looking for from armour etc? i.e I know my shadowpriest needed +spirit and +shadow dmg i believe??

The lock will spend most of it's time soloing as all my KO buddies havent or can't see the WOW light!!!! So until i find a guild i'm billy-no mates ^^.

KalaBunga Senior Member

i only know at lvl 70 my buddy that are lock got massiave amount of stamina + spell dmg and int. zz hate locks wiht 16k hp self buffed. :P

Fag

To pvp with lock dont look at spell dmg much... Try to have more stamina and resilience
    For lvling just pump spell dmg cuz pet will tank for you....
    And i suggest to lvl till 51 with affliction and then go demonoogy for fel guard

Affenotto

Lock pretty much spell dmg + int + stam, for leveling stam isnt that important but it is nice to have

daromeo

I lvled numerous warlocks to 70, and am also best DPS lock on my server. Here's what you need ESPECIALLY if you are going to be solo lvling up.
    Go Heavy affliction- and as soon as u get your VW (voidwalker) use him to tank, while u throw dots on, and drain health. Go heavy affliction untill lvl 65 at least, felguard is worthless below 65 for solo lvling. VW is just way more practical with less downtime.

Before lvl 40 or 45, you need gear with as much STM as possible. You DONT need INT, but always pick INT over spirit. +spell dmg is not crutial untill lvl 50+ when u start running 5 mans. So aim for gear, with ur 1st stat being STM, 2nd spell dmg. A true warlock item will have (example) 10Stm 5INT 5 Spr, and +15 spell dmg. or somethign liek that, get the point? or like 15 stm 5 spr, or 20 stm 10 INT, 5 spell dmg.

Mercyful

technically, u can easily lvl up to 70 with out any instances or buying any gear from ah

i did it with a mage and warlock to 70 in 1 month.. didnt run 1 instance or buy 1 item from ah

besides my enchanting rods..

dont bother running instances until 70.. useless cuz u will outgrow the items in a couple lvls

daromeo

technically, u can easily lvl up to 70 with out any instances or buying any gear from ah

i did it with a mage and warlock to 70 in 1 month.. didnt run 1 instance or buy 1 item from ah

besides my enchanting rods..

dont bother running instances until 70.. useless cuz u will outgrow the items in a couple lvls[/b]
    mercy you are partially right,. You don't HAVE to run any instances or anything like that, but man, most instances involve a nice bundle of quests in them, so if you do it right, and gather all quests before running an instance- u can get 100k+ xp from 1 run. and the run itself is NICE xp. So running instances is DEFINITELY worth it. Also, u do get good gear upgrades from running them, not to mention its fun, and you'll be missing out on a lot of game content if you dont. Unless this isnt your first character, then yeah, u definitely want to lvl to 70 asap, but to do that- running instances is a HUGE xp boost, u just need to do it the right way, and orgonize your quests. i myself got to 70 in 8 days, and that was WITH runnign some instances, i got some nice gear, and huge XP. and those were regular pug parties too.

:pic:

fun if its your first char, however its very boring if its your second or third char :P

and doing insts is allways a + coz u save quests and get alot of xp from doing em, 60-70 ive runed only insts and farmed gold at 70 from doing q's :P

daromeo

Exclamation

fun if its your first char, however its very boring if its your second or third char :P

and doing insts is allways a + coz u save quests and get alot of xp from doing em, 60-70 ive runed only insts and farmed gold at 70 from doing q's :P[/b]
    i agree, every instance has a bunch of quests assosiated with it. PLUS u get erally good gear if u run it at the right time. usually u should upgrade your gear every 10 lvls or so, otherwise you wont be good enough. so fastest way from 1-70 u will HAVE to run some instances. because if u dont, u're missing out on some REALLY great xp. xp/hour was great for me when power questing etc, but when my session would include an instance run, with orgonized quests- id double that xp/hour rate