Rogue dagger Help

This is a discussion on Rogue dagger Help within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Hi guys im fairly new to wow... i have a lvl 48 rogue im playing dagger spec im thinking of ...
Page: 1

Hi guys im fairly new to wow... i have a lvl 48 rogue im playing dagger spec im thinking of getting some new daggers but i dont really understand how the whole system works... how long would u recommend holding on to a dagger etc... like if a dagger is lvl 48 or so how long can u use it and its still effective. Im thinking of staying at 49 for a bit and pvp for gear till im happy then go up more. Can u recommend some daggers would be good for me in the 48 or 49 range and maybe some daggers to shoot for in the mid 50s so i can start saving up...

thanks all

levelling with daggers isn't the best, since you have to stun mobs to get behind them which slows you down. I would recommend you use a combat build to level, with swords or maces. Sinister strike does a lot more damage with swords/maces and that is your primary levelling attack.

But if you insist on using daggers, the best ones around your level are the Widowmaker and Gutripper. widowmaker is a lot cheaper though. You can find it in the AH for about 20-30g usually. There aren't many other decent daggers in the 40-60 level range unfortunately.

levelling with daggers isn't the best, since you have to stun mobs to get behind them which slows you down. I would recommend you use a combat build to level, with swords or maces. Sinister strike does a lot more damage with swords/maces and that is your primary levelling attack.

But if you insist on using daggers, the best ones around your level are the Widowmaker and Gutripper. widowmaker is a lot cheaper though. You can find it in the AH for about 20-30g usually. There aren't many other decent daggers in the 40-60 level range unfortunately.[/b]
    hmm thanks for the advice.... if i was to switch to 48 combat spec what should i go for also any advice for swords ?

actually zero, there are more than that

Gut Ripper
    Widowmaker
    Shadowblade
    Searing Needle?
    Scout's/Sentinal's Blade (WSG)

the scounts / sentinal offer high stats and good damage, a good choice

Gut ripper / Searing Needle offers the highest top-end damage in teh 40-49 bracket (ambushes)

Shadowblade offers VERY fast speed (1.40) so its a great offhand for quick hits and high proc rates.

Swords:

Bloodrazor
    Thrash Blade
    Leggionares Blade (WSG)

Bloodrazor offers the highest damage in this bracket, its a great sword, the crits i manage with this are simply insane

Thrash Blade is a great sword and its free, the damage is mediocre and a nice proc, a free swing is always nice

Leggionares Blade offers good damage and some stats, they are strength and stamina, no agil, but its better than nothing.

i recommend Bloodrazor with Scoutsblade offhand, its a great combo for PVP in my case.

search "Monkeyy" on WoW Armory and look at the Kel'Thuzad Rogue, that is my 49 twink, thats what you should look for if you're thinking gear during this level.

thanks for the help guys i have some ideas and still thinking about what spec i should be

I used a Krol Blade when i was levl 50, its a world drop. other than that, the bloodrazor is ok but has shit stats. As for daggers, Searing needle is v good. shadowblade is an offhand and there are better ways to spend 200g than an epic offhand when ur level 40. WSG daggers are pretty good but require honour farming. Only get them if ur twinking otherwise the time is better spent levelling.