Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Rogues =(

This is a discussion on Rogues =( within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Keep talking out of your ass it is getting you very far. AR/Prep is the worst spec in the damn ...
Page: 2

Keep talking out of your ass it is getting you very far. AR/Prep is the worst spec in the damn game! Everyone is saying it takes the most skill to play? Bullshit it's nothing more than using every cool down you have and swinging weapons for an easy kill. You guys say AR/Prep takes the most skill but as soon as a cool down is removed from prep you cry your class is broken? And Shadow Step doesn't put out enough damage? Really roll another character you obviously know jack shit about rogue's and probably get owned by every hunter warrior mage and paladins. Disagree with me? See how much you guys cry once you get nerfed. This is probably why rogue's are the laughing stock of WoW no one learns to play their char, just blow cool downs and swing the weapons and hope to win. If you wanna say AR/Prep is the best or takes the most skill see how far you go without all of your cool downs but even with them odds are you get owned.[/b]
    Where the FUCK did i say it took the most skill? You blind cunt learn to read. All i care about is winning and any rogue who wants to win will spec AR/prep for 3v3. It doesn't matter if its cheesy or easy to play, all that matters is winning and i expect to use the best spec just as i expect warlocks to choose SLSL, warriors to go mortal strike and mages to go elemental. I played 2 seasons as mutilate, i was the highest rated mutilate rogue on my server, and not even undead. But playing a harder spec instead of a stronger, easier one is fucking stupid so i chose the easier spec. It doesn't matter how well you think you can play mutilate, you are screwed when hamstringed and you have shit for mobility. And i don't expect you to have a clue about rogues unless you have fought merciless-gladiator level opponents and beaten them, otherwise your opinion is worthless to me. You belong on the official forum with all the other trash rogues.

Hehe Yun, warrior is the class in wow that has been nerfed most, 95% of the patches blizz has released warriors has been nerfed in some way =).. Warriors just stopped caring bout it anymore :P And for rogues, they always gotta whine bout something.. 1st they whined cause a warriors Slam was spamable.. and every warrior was Slam build... so they 1 hitted rogues... Then blizz nerfed slam xD

@FT3R5H()CK

Where the FUCK did i say it took the most skill? You blind cunt learn to read. All i care about is winning and any rogue who wants to win will spec AR/prep for 3v3. It doesn't matter if its cheesy or easy to play, all that matters is winning and i expect to use the best spec just as i expect warlocks to choose SLSL, warriors to go mortal strike and mages to go elemental. I played 2 seasons as mutilate, i was the highest rated mutilate rogue on my server, and not even undead. But playing a harder spec instead of a stronger, easier one is fucking stupid so i chose the easier spec. It doesn't matter how well you think you can play mutilate, you are screwed when hamstringed and you have shit for mobility. And i don't expect you to have a clue about rogues unless you have fought merciless-gladiator level opponents and beaten them, otherwise your opinion is worthless to me. You belong on the official forum with all the other trash rogues.[/b]
    Know whats funny about every class taking the easy spec to play, most of them cant play it and just get their asses handed to them. I have yet to see a decent AR/Prep rogue cause its a spec that relies on all of your cool downs yeah you might be decent in arena but is that it? That is all you can do as a rogue is 3v3 arena? Yeah some great rogue you are. You are the typical AR/Prep rogue cant do shit without relying on your cool downs which is why overall I laugh at AR/Prep rogues. You say you were the highest rated mutilate rogue on your server....there aren't many mutilate rogues out there anymore so thats not an accomplishment. You wanna sit here and brag about how good you are? Try doing something worth bragging about, you are nothing more than an egotistical self centered nerd. Wanna prove you're a decent rogue try killing without relying on all your cool downs. It's people like you that give rogues a bad name, anyways I'm done this is a waste of time.

:pic:

Know whats funny about every class taking the easy spec to play, most of them cant play it and just get their asses handed to them. I have yet to see a decent AR/Prep rogue cause its a spec that relies on all of your cool downs yeah you might be decent in arena but is that it? That is all you can do as a rogue is 3v3 arena? Yeah some great rogue you are. You are the typical AR/Prep rogue cant do shit without relying on your cool downs which is why overall I laugh at AR/Prep rogues. You say you were the highest rated mutilate rogue on your server....there aren't many mutilate rogues out there anymore so thats not an accomplishment. You wanna sit here and brag about how good you are? Try doing something worth bragging about, you are nothing more than an egotistical self centered nerd. Wanna prove you're a decent rogue try killing without relying on all your cool downs. It's people like you that give rogues a bad name, anyways I'm done this is a waste of time.[/b]

LOL...

00' never said ar/prep requires most skill to play with so first off l2read retard second offAR/PREP is indeed a spec that is require a bit of cooldowns to win sure but if u had cooldowns oin your warr? u wouldant use them to fckin win? ofc u would have so it doesnt fckin metters, about lolstep...its a S-H-I-T sure u can do some nice ambush crit with it but what alse? nothing rather go 41/20 instad, AR/prep is indded a easy iwin button i can promise ye that i suck at pvp an i dont like pvp much but when i changed from 41/20 - 0/31/30 i fckin pwned w/o probs

oh btw theres pretty much muti rogues on my realm jeadener that are on 1900rate after s3 came out its pretty funny spec and really great and since now they made some nice off hand muti dagg gone be sweet getin my hands of these

Newbs.

No class is overpowered if you know how to play your char.

that's my opinion.

0000000 what's your char name?

I wanna duel you

b1gshow

Know whats funny about every class taking the easy spec to play, most of them cant play it and just get their asses handed to them. I have yet to see a decent AR/Prep rogue cause its a spec that relies on all of your cool downs yeah you might be decent in arena but is that it? That is all you can do as a rogue is 3v3 arena? Yeah some great rogue you are. You are the typical AR/Prep rogue cant do shit without relying on your cool downs which is why overall I laugh at AR/Prep rogues. You say you were the highest rated mutilate rogue on your server....there aren't many mutilate rogues out there anymore so thats not an accomplishment. You wanna sit here and brag about how good you are? Try doing something worth bragging about, you are nothing more than an egotistical self centered nerd. Wanna prove you're a decent rogue try killing without relying on all your cool downs. It's people like you that give rogues a bad name, anyways I'm done this is a waste of time.[/b]
    First don't post stupid things.

Seconds rogues need to use cooldowns to beat a equal geared and skilled oponnet.
    Every tried to beat a frost mage who use elemental + ice block without using a single cd, same goes for warriors others rogues and sl/sl locks, your whole post was just retarded and a waste of space.

EDIT: just saw, what do you fucking expect arena is the high end pvp on WoW only arena mathers.

daromeo

Arrow

lol. i agree with the guy above, thats what spells are made for- to use them, esepcially the ones with cd. all classes have their "advantage" spells. but yeah, i also agree- if all you're good at is 3vs3, then dont brag about it. 3vs3 is not that much skill i must say, i mean yeah, u have to know how to play with other people and stuff, but u arent using ur class to its full. ur doing same thing over and over probably. same CD, same attacks. u're forgetting about world pvp, and pve also. a lot more to the game then just 3vs3, with a set team especially.

Nactoble

Yup this nerf isn't nice at all.. i actually rerolled a warrior when i heard about it. :\

daromeo

warlocks need their fear buffed hehe

lol. i agree with the guy above, thats what spells are made for- to use them, esepcially the ones with cd. all classes have their "advantage" spells. but yeah, i also agree- if all you're good at is 3vs3, then dont brag about it. 3vs3 is not that much skill i must say, i mean yeah, u have to know how to play with other people and stuff, but u arent using ur class to its full. ur doing same thing over and over probably. same CD, same attacks. u're forgetting about world pvp, and pve also. a lot more to the game then just 3vs3, with a set team especially.[/b]
    From the perspective of a rogue, world pvp is a bit of a waste of time. You can get the jump on people who have no idea you are coming, they have the wrong gear on, no trinket, wrong spec etc. Something so easy that it isn't a challenge is not fun imo.

Here is PvE as a rogue, from 5-mans to black temple: SS>Sliceanddice>SS>SS>SS>SS>SS>rupture repeat. Is that fun? I would rather cut my balls off than spend hours and hours raiding. There is no skill involved whatsoever beyond reading a strategy guide.

So that leaves battlegrounds and arena. I quite like battlegrounds, i like doing my own thing and it reminds me of running around CZ in ko. Its easy to fight 2 or 3 people in battlegrounds because they rarely have top pvp gear so you can chill and just have fun. Arena to me is like competitive counterstrike or quake. You train with the same group of guys so that your communication is flawless and you can adapt strategies very quickly. I get satisfaction from a piece of teamplay that results in a win against a counter-team. About 3v3, i like it because it seems the most balanced to me, as a rogue. 2v2 has 2 problems, the queues are ridiculous and it is dominated by druid/warrior teams. You get to a certain limit and then you cannot get any higher and that is frustrating. 5v5 is dominated by one setup (2345) which is warrior/paladin/shaman/priest/X, and rogues are the worst class in 5v5 to use. Honestly, a hunter is a much better addition to any 5v5 team with a rogue. 3v3 is nice because there is a good variation in teams competing, and a rogue has a good shot at getting top 10 in it. Every match is different and you cannot use a set strategy every time. Other teams will learn what you will do so you have to change even winning tactics just to remain unpredictable.

Right now if there was an anvil in WoW i would be blowing up my maces because i'm tired of the game and the direction it is going. I tried CoD4 and TF2 and they are both decent (tf2 can be very fun) but CoD just feels like a worse version of counterstrike and TF2 feels like a worse version of quake. Seems like games are going backwards.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Kinda off topic but whats the point or the main trademark wow has anyways. Since open pvp is um waste of time? Battle grounds are only pvp maps? I kinda like the arena thingy idea. Specially since L2 is getting a underground collusium wich is supposed to be almost same as wow arena. Imho wow is just ugly looking pve quest game. Tho i think if the circumstances would be dif i would actually play it but i doubt if i would enjoy it.

Fag

Kinda off topic but whats the point or the main trademark wow has anyways. Since open pvp is um waste of time? Battle grounds are only pvp maps? I kinda like the arena thingy idea. Specially since L2 is getting a underground collusium wich is supposed to be almost same as wow arena. Imho wow is just ugly looking pve quest game. Tho i think if the circumstances would be dif i would actually play it but i doubt if i would enjoy it.[/b]
    Thought the same before i tried it...

Battlegrounds are the equivalent of CZ in ko, only with a little more strategy. You can join them on your own and just pk that way, or join what is called a pre-made which is group of people from your own server who usually know each other and join the same battleground on the same team. You have more chance of winning that way. About 10 servers are connected to each battleground/arena system, so there is a huge pool of players available all the time and it is common to see 2 pre-mades from different servers squaring off. You can just simply run around with some healers farming kills and you might still win but generally there is a bit more thought involved like taking flags, controlling nodes etc.

Arena doesn't really have a comparison with KO or most mmorpgs i can think of. That sort of competitive thing, with no lore involved isn't usual in a mmorpg and thats what i like about it. It is kinda cut off from the rest of the game; you don't have to touch PvE and you can be top-geared for arena. Also if you are skilled, arena gear is easy to obtain. This means you only have to play a few hours per week to maintain a very good gear standard. This kinda annoys a lot of mmorpg gamers who see it as welfare items, but the truth is that most people dislike the idea of a level playing field because it removes a lot of excuses for defeat.

I think WoW pvp definitely has a lot of flaws. The classes are not balanced and certain classes have too much synergy with each other, the resilience stat kills a lot of specs for different classes. But the one reason why WoW will always be better than KO is that you know the other team isn't cheating and aren't using illegal items. My friend recently got hacked and had his char returned within 7 days and will get items restored in another week. This would never happen in KO which is just a time-bomb until you lose everything you worked for.

Zarge

I'd say the KO pvp concept is excellent, though WoW gives more diversity in pvping.

Even though some may some KO > WOW in pvping, the factor of management, teamwork (everyone speaking the same language), and how stable the game is (d/c, hacking) is half...or more of the gameplay.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Tnx, but im not a ko fan, only thing that made ko pvp fun was slideable movment. Rest just sux.

Anyways, i do like the arena and all this. But no sieges, no open pvp is a big boredom element for me. In l2, the closest thing to arena thing is olympiad atm. Its a selfbuff 1v1 contest. Either between same classes or cross class, depends how many ppl will come. But only nobles can join, whoever gets more points from each class gets to be a hero. But i cant wait to see the underground arena thing l2 gets.

But still, i was just wondering whats the real that element wow has. In l2 its all about pk. Ur nothing unless uv made a name in pking. Beeing called a farmer is an insult. In wow i THINK its not like that, ofc iv heard about the tournaments and stuff but it isnt a pk game, it just allows it. Its just not my thing to rollplay around in LSD world and doing some occasional pk :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast