Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starting later today...advice plz

This is a discussion on Starting later today...advice plz within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I am about to start playing WOW. Anyone have any suggestions about server, character, race, proffession, or anything else. I ...
Page: 1

davaugha

Default Starting later today...advice plz

I am about to start playing WOW. Anyone have any suggestions about server, character, race, proffession, or anything else.

I am a priest in KO, so I want to attack rather than be a healer.

Thanks,

AleX

go druid if I was you...Jack of all trades...can heal, Tank, and all kind of other stuff...if your used to healing then go druid. with the right spec you can do alot of damage. Have fun and good luck.

FatM4n

Druids are sexy.
    I'm a druid
    I'm therefor sexy

Sweet

If you plan on doing end game and roll a Druid, prepare to be shoved back into that healing spot. Depending on your play style, I'd go with either a caster DPS type (Warlock, mage) or an "up-in-yo-face-foo" DPS type (Warrior, rogue). The other types (Priest, shaman, druid, paladin) all pretty much go to healing spots in the end-game...

FatM4n

Druid talanted as Balance can do pretty nice damage in pvp

just cast roots then starfire+starfire til the enemy is dead

davaugha

Sorry...what is end game?

Any ideas about professions?

Thanks

AleX

PvE=end game Raids.

You will learn more when you start playing.

As for professions...That depends of whether or not you want to make lots of gold. Gathering professions are the way to go if you want gold but I have made a ton of gold off of leather working...but it didnt pay off until I got a nice pattern to make and sell. Hide of the wild...FTW! The best way to find out is just play and try them all out.

If you are going druid...I suggest going skinning/leatherworking

You will be able to make your own gear. ^_^

davaugha

is there any kind of upgrading weapons or anything like in KO?

AleX

nope...the only thing you can do is enchants to armor and weapons and it wont break on you.

DragonFire

Ok, For class/character...From my experience Horde=PVP/ Alliance=PVE for the most part!! I know both sides can do both....But if you guys play WoW, You have to agree....I would personally go Horde Because from my experience alliance are gay ^_^ Class is typically up to you...But I wouldnt Roll a rogue or hunter cause most servers have a million of each...But I mean If you like playing those classes go for it...When I played I leveled 1 of each character to 30 and seen which one I liked...I leveled my Hunter to 60 because I enjoyed it.....

As for Proffessions, Again...PVP? PVE? Most people for PVP they go mining Engineering....Typical for the devices you get to use... But if you are a money person get 2 gathering proffessions...like mining/skinning, Skinning, Herbilism etc.... For PVE I knew alot of ppl that went for the self sustaining proffs...Like leatherworking(Shamans,Rogues,Hunters,Druids) blacksmithing (warriors,Palidins) etc...But Again..It's up too you..

I know I'm forgeting some stuff because I haven't played in a while...But Choose what would benifit you..you can always change it up after...Like when I leveled my hunter...I was skinning leatherworking (I was by myself and needed armour ETC) ...Then when I got 60 and knew what I was doing(kinda :lol: ) I desided to go Enchanting/Mining....For one, I could enchant my gear...But I could also sell the disenchanted dust...And I could seel the ore that I got....

Anyways..That is just my opinion I know people are going to argue against this..But this is my opinion.. ^_^ Enjoy....

davaugha

How long does it take to get good at a profession? I created a rouge rouge. So is there a lot of different armor types that i can make that i can get from quest? Also is there a list of levels within a profession, so that i can get an ideam of what to do.

Thanks,

AleX

Hey Dragonfire....whats up girly? So your playing wow now too eh? Thats great! Do you play ko anymore?

priestish

all class are fun, but some are harder to play than others.
    If you are coming from KO, I would go warrior or rogue, because mana regen in the game is like sitting. It does not move.

From pvp point of view, it is kind of balance. Mage, lock pwn all classes if they have infinite mana. Shaman/druid/paly are the utility of the force, any class is missing, they fill them in. Warrior and rogues are attackers. They dont run out of mana, so they can't stop.
    In short.
    Warrior hit hard, then hit even harder.
    Rogues hit hard, then stuns while hitting.
    Mages hit hard then runs away.
    Warlock DoTs, then runs away laughting.
    Sham/Paly/Druid attack from 2 different angle, then heals.
    Priests heal dot heal then, guess what... dot again.
    Hunters auto shot you to death. If you get close, then run away while shotting at you.

AleX

I have beat some pretty good warriors on my priest (holy spec)...

Bubble, Dot, Fear, Heal, dot, smite, Tickheal, Fear...over and over and over...lol

Most of the time I can take a warrior out with no problems..Just it takes forever.

My lock on the other hand...Priestish was right...Dots ftw...and Laugh about it While doing it. ^_^

Aqu

Can I suggest not taking a class which you intend to use for its hybredness.

Given that soon raids can only be 25 man, noone in their right mind would volunterily take along a balance/feral druid, ret/prot loladin, elemental/whatever the fuck it is - shaman.

Even with 40 man raids druids are forced into resto, and paladins into holy (in my guild at least). If someone complains that they want to be feral or whatever, we just tell them to stfu and go resto else find a new guild. We need druids to heal, if we wanted dps we would just take another rogue/mage on the raid.

Simple really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast