all the new security.

This is a discussion on all the new security. within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; the authenticators/battlenet, im sure almost all of you are aware, but with myself and many many people i know since ...
Page: 1

Default all the new security.

the authenticators/battlenet, im sure almost all of you are aware, but with myself and many many people i know since these changes out of over 158 people i played wow with over 100 of them have lost their account to such services, about 40 of them so far have managed to get their account back, 25 of them are not able to get any items/money back because blizzard believes 'nothing can be proven what was actually stolen'
    i myself lost an account i paid 350 for(yes boohoo for trusting online aholes w/e) not here about me, just in general.
    just had someone tried to steal another of my accounts, one that i made and paid for all 3 games, leveled all characters myself never tried buying gold nothing, and someone managed to get an authenticator on it. emailed blizzard 2 days ago when it actually happened. their response so far "we are working on it"

my point being, all this new security has screwed over at least 100 people i know, and im sure their are hundreds/thousands more. before all this security upgrades i never had a single problem with any of my accounts. so imo this was retarded.

KalaBunga Senior Member

i can see your probleem i had 3 recent attemps on my 1st ogirnal wow acount still lvl 60 char. wiht tier 2 and rank 13 title no one knows the info execpt me and for some reason there was a email change on it but that was easy prevented.

With people knowing your hotmail or gmailcs addres its easier to know your login they just need your password.

yeh, its crazy retarded, battlenet so far has helped no one i know except for the people stealing accounts.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i havent used any of the new security measures and ive never been hacked...but i also have my desktop which i ONLY use for games and my laptop which i use for everything else...so who knows maybe i have some keylogger on my laptop waiting to steal my wow account that ill never log onto on my laptop lol

and desktop doesnt do anything but play games...so no chance of getting keylogger on it or viruses, or anything really

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I got hacked a while ago ( there is a thread on here ) and for once I had done everything the right way. The hackers had changed the email and were bot farming using my char. I got it all back and BLizzard changed my email to my home email rather than an hotmail. They told me about battle.net and the authenicatore I could install on an iphone or ipod touch. Since then I have to have my iphone with me and use an app that acts like one of those little authenicatore and I've never had a single worry about my account since.

Only issue was when account managedment got screwed last week when I wanted to change race and sex.

i dont see why we have to resort to authenticators and battlenet when all during prebc and bc i never had 1 single account issue.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

more idiots play the game now, hence the need to cater to casuals...more idiots=more "security" issues

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Blizzard told me there had been a lot of hacking via hotmail

yeh not to mention the few people (i dont wanna call them dumb because their just gullible) that actually believe those emails that make them send in their account name/pw and all other info. thats when they felt this new security would help but in turn (i looked it up on their forums) they have lost over 8,000 accounts during the battlenet switch. lol, they say they have restored most of them, but who says they restored it to the right person?....lol