Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A video on how to make insane gold for 70 rogues

This is a discussion on A video on how to make insane gold for 70 rogues within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-upbUldmt38 enjoy...
Page: 1

Sweet

Brilliant, thanks!

x_Lionheart_x

Aw, thought you were gonna link the little gnome one. Ah well I dug it up anyway, http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=43189

It isn't "insane" gold at all. I made maybe 1000g doing it, but it is so time-consuming and especially the 3rd chest is quite tricky to do that it isn't worth it.

You can do 5 runs per hour, thats usually 45-50g per hour, and it takes around 30mins to do the 5 runs. A much better method is farming fadeleaf in SM. 5 runs = around 22 fadeleaf = 50g on my server. Takes less than 10 mins. Overall this and other methods of herbalism are better gold/hour and less time consuming also.

b1gshow

The gold u get is totally random altought is not 50G every 5 runs 0, i did 5 runs heroic only got 1 blue a living ruby, in the end i did a total of 120G with grens etc.
    I have seen friends getting 2 ced carvers so its all about luck.

The gold u get is totally random altought is not 50G every 5 runs 0, i did 5 runs heroic only got 1 blue a living ruby, in the end i did a total of 120G with grens etc.
    I have seen friends getting 2 ced carvers so its all about luck.[/b]
    In maybe 100 runs i had 1 nightseye and some crappy blue staff that i sold for 90g. The gold is far from random, it is consistently 6-7g + a random green that is worth 1-10g. Unless you get extremely lucky and get epics, you can make far more gold/minute with herbalism. The main problem is how long it takes to do each run due to vanish cooldown. In the time it takes to do 2 mech runs, i can get 20 fadeleaf.

Not to mention, with orange chests there is a high chance that the lockpick fails first time so you will waste a lot of time dying and getting back. On heroic mode there are more orange chests. I can get 2 attempts in at chests 1 and 2, but the 3rd chest has no margin of error so if its orange then its very time consuming.

i have gotten loads of blue items and gems within the last 2 days since ive started doing it, must just be luck. But the way to boost the money dramatically is by de'ing the greens and selling the arcane dust. On my server a single arcane dust goes for 2-2.5g

b1gshow

Zero its random by what u just said i got some blues so did paddy altought u got 2 blue in 100 runs.

:pic:

whats ur pick lock skill paddy? might try that out :P

Baxxor

whats ur pick lock skill paddy? might try that out :P[/b]

u cant, u suck to much!
    If u get enchanting receip, gief me it!

The gold u get is totally random[/b]
    He said the gold is random when it is not, it is in a small range. The drops however are random obviously. Farming herbs on 3 low level chars in SM is at least double the gold per hour as mech runs. In 10 minutes i make 50g of fadeleaf on 1 char, with 3 chars that is 150 gold in 30-40mins and it could be higher with more chars. The only reason some rogues do mech is because they only just found out about it and its fun, or they do not have a gold-generating profession.

You will never get anything close to 150g per hour from mech runs, with only green drops you are looking at around 40-45g per hour, with a blue each hour maybe 100g if you are lucky. You need a 70 rogue to be able to do it whereas SM farming can be done on multiple alt chars which speeds it up exponentially. But do it if you want, I stopped after 2 weeks because it just was a lot slower than my other methods and i dont have time to sit in mech for hours a day.

b1gshow

Zero atleast on your realm because on mine a stack of fadeleaf is around 20-25G so i prefer the mech chest.

jamessssss

I personally think it's easiest to farm as a affliction warlock with 1000+ spell damage.
    I know my lock can dot up a group of lvl 70+ mobs and they all die before the dots finish.
    =]
    Got all the outlands enchants in 1 day.
    (The ones that drop from mobs)

Yun_Yuuzhan

I just found out about this as well; normal mech has yielded me about 200g so far and I have yet to sell more than half the blues I collected.

Zero, people buy fadeleaf on your server? I pickpocket the mobs while waiting for vanish to come around and I've got enough blind powder from the boxes that I'm going to have to start vendoring/auctioning it lest I fill up my bank. People really pay 50g a stack for a reagent we no longer need to buy?

I'm sure there are faster ways to make gold but this one's interesting enough that I can do it for most of the day; logging in with 122g on Sunday and logging out with 398g is just beautiful, and I tend to lack the patience/attention span to grind mobs for that long just for gold.

-RW

If you wanna make real gold in wow. Do like the big raiding guilds do.

Make shopping runs to Kara/Gruul/Outdoor shit/SCC and sell all the drops for gold.

like before TBC we sold ashkandi for 2000g alone, and not to mention the legendary staff which i cant even remember the name for.... that you build out of 40 legendary pieces that drops from each boss in naxxrammas... Then u forge it at Kel Thuzad when hes dead... That staff u could sell for 10.000gold

T4 tokens = 300-500g is easy to sell.
    T5 tokens = 800g is easy also

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast