Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are warriors good damage dealers?

This is a discussion on Are warriors good damage dealers? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Im going to start playing WoW, and in ko i was a warrior and enjoyed it (high def,high ac, high ...
Page: 1

StaticBlaze1

Im going to start playing WoW, and in ko i was a warrior and enjoyed it (high def,high ac, high hp, high mana), and i was wondering if in WoW warriors are also good damage dealers + good tankers. In the forums people say warrior is only good for tanking (recieving damage), is this true?

And if it is, what is the class in WoW that most resembles warriors in KO?

dmoino

Nope, warrior are like 4 or 5 place in damage dealers. But check this for more info http://www.wowwiki.com/Warrior

Baxxor

they are okey, depends how you specc.
    and even if they are "4-5" in the dmg list
    itīs cause their job is mostly to tank
    most warriors in instances are specced to tank, if they would be specced to attack they would be higher up

dmoino

Eaven if they specced "to attack" as you say they will no pass mages, rogues, hunters or warlocks on damage dealt. Every raiding guild have main tanks, offtanks and dps warriors and in my exprience i never saw any dps warrior in top 5 in ZG, MC, naxx you name it

a warriors role in instances is mainly to tank, though you can do quite a bit of PvE damage as a fury warrior. In PvP arms warriors can do a great amount of burst damage as well as being able to survive drawn out attacks from other melee classes.

I have a level 70 tank warrior who i have chosen to leave as a guild tanker and I have leveled a mage up to level 67 (and rising) for farming and PvPing

niggerjewnerdfgtdouche Senior Member TempesT's Avatar

....when im fury at lvl 70 i've never been outdpsd in a instance.
    also when im tanking in kara the highest dps in the group is a fury warrior with a mage coming really close.
    nicely geard fury warriors have alwys been one of the highest dps in instances/raids. At lvl 70 its even better excute can crit up to 9k and my bloodthrust crits for 2k-2.5k.

But everyone expects warriors to be tanks since it is the class that dose it the best.

Sweet

also when im tanking in kara the highest dps in the group is a fury warrior with a mage coming really close.[/b]
    Are we talking five-man or 25-man? For the first part I mean, not Kara...

Are we talking five-man or 25-man? For the first part I mean, not Kara...[/b]
    befor bc warriors wernt as high, and i havnt done the 25m in bc yet, i'll go try it in zg or somethingtho

dmoino

also when im tanking in kara the highest dps in the group is a fury warrior with a mage coming really close.
    nicely geard fury warriors have alwys been one of the highest dps in instances/raids. At lvl 70 its even better excute can crit up to 9k and my bloodthrust crits for 2k-2.5k.

But everyone expects warriors to be tanks since it is the class that dose it the best.[/b]
    M8 the rest of the group really should suck and the 9k execute, well you need less then 20% on mob health and 2k-2.5k crits on Bloodthrust is low and you are talking about crits, My aimed shot can crit for more then 4k, my arcane shot can crit for more then 1.5k but we are not talking about crits and there is not crits that make the difference in damage meters is like the name say DPS (Damage per second)

Maybe you all should go and read this
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Class#Ratings

WTB ss of 9k execute crit

:pic:

WTB ss of 9k execute crit[/b]
    rofl me too o.o an paddy read ur mails nub xD

StaticBlaze1

By that page the druids are the best, since they are able of doing everything? :P

I need a character than has good defense and also good atack, i was thinking about mage, but i realy dont know

Help me choose pls

Road

Yes druids kick ass, discussion over.

Btw if you make a NE, make it female to save yourself. The male cast looks SO stupid. He's just holding his hands around his face and his spells just shoot out of it, it looks so stupid. >_>

StaticBlaze1

Your a druid? I was thinking of going mage cause they make bread and water... but i realy dont know

I've only pulled off a 9k once, but since you noobs wanted to see how i'll show you how

So i logged on used most my buffs the buffs I could with rampage and pulled off a 5371 excute, now take 5371 and add the attack power of might, and mark + (talent in next picutre) Tell me that dosnt add up to about 9k or more, i've only pulled it off once, but its very possible.

so lets do the math now.
    5371 + 20% more form Deathwish(1074)
    and 25% form enrage 1343 = 7788 now add a few hundred ap form Might and mark, and also crit a little bigger. you could prob do more then 9k.

condition to pull off a crit that big are hard to come by but its very possible.

(i had a picture of a 7k crit with deathwish, but screwed up saving it, also donno why i didnt ss the 89xx hit)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast