Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why is WoW addicting

This is a discussion on Why is WoW addicting within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Not being mean or saying the game sucks or anything, but whats soo good about it that it attracts millions ...
Page: 1

redbluegreen44

Not being mean or saying the game sucks or anything, but whats soo good about it that it attracts millions of people and makes some people play till they are dead?
    The game looks soo weird from screen shots i have seen, i mean games such as Guild Wars looks better than it.
    So whats soo addicting about it? How is it fun?? I really want to know

Thanks

Ayman4u

I want to know too xD

niggerjewnerdfgtdouche Senior Member TempesT's Avatar

its usually not the game that keeps your playing for years, it the people

I dont find WoW addicting tbh... :huh:

Tinkerbell

Not being mean or saying the game sucks or anything, but whats soo good about it that it attracts millions of people and makes some people play till they are dead?
    The game looks soo weird from screen shots i have seen, i mean games such as Guild Wars looks better than it.
    So whats soo addicting about it? How is it fun?? I really want to know

Thanks [/b]
    ask yourself this....why would 8.5 million people accross the world play a non-addicting game

Affenotto

I found this game, well if this makes sense, more addicting than KO, but not as time consuming. In KO after a little while you pretty much spent your entire life in one area grinding grinding.... This is easy to do for hours and hours cause you dont really even have to be awake. In WoW you are always doing something new and I have more fun playing 3 hours of Wow than 20 hours of KO. I honestly dont see what you could play countless hours for since the old pvp system is gone, unless you are doing a shit load of raiding. So in short for me the most addiciting thing is how much teamwork there is and really making good friends, and the never ending list of things to do.

You need a an endgame guild, when u start getting addicted, when u feel the satisfaction of progress in a hard instance

FrEaK

dont judge the game by its looks, graphics. This is is awesome beats knight online 9999x better in everything including gameplay and lol custumer support of course + when you have friends and a good guild its gets even better

:::Wendigo:::

I found this game, well if this makes sense, more addicting than KO, but not as time consuming. In KO after a little while you pretty much spent your entire life in one area grinding grinding.... This is easy to do for hours and hours cause you dont really even have to be awake. In WoW you are always doing something new and I have more fun playing 3 hours of Wow than 20 hours of KO. I honestly dont see what you could play countless hours for since the old pvp system is gone, unless you are doing a shit load of raiding. So in short for me the most addiciting thing is how much teamwork there is and really making good friends, and the never ending list of things to do.[/b]

Agree 100%
    what a KO player need to lvl from 75 to 76? 1 month (for those who have a life) in the same spot killing always the same mob.
    in WoW every lvl u have tons of new things to do, new instances, new mobs, new maps, new quests. AND the best thing, after lvl 15-20 u play always in a pvp area, so u have always to keep an eye opened. For me the best thing comparing with KO, NO LAG... Blizzard is a serious company and this make me happy.
    Btw, is really rare to see some 1 ksing ur mobs there... i think that WoW has the real meaning of a mmoRPG.

nephiha

i played wow and didnt find it addicting at all
    i mean i tried playing it twice with like half a year between the 2
    both times i got to like lvl 20 and i got bored of the game

its not addictive in the slightest... its merely a good yet flawed game. The PvE whilst better than KO, is sooo BORING, the pvp has no cheaters but the classes are not at all balanced. At the moment i feel like im just logging in to get my 10 weekly arena matches and then logging off. Im thinking of moving to quake4.

The only thing that i would qualify as addictive is killing gnome warlocks.

Opakigad

Zero are u ready to come back to KO :P

Road

ask yourself this....why would 8.5 million people accross the world play a non-addicting game[/b]
    The world is a big place. 8.5 million is actually small considering the US has a population of about 300 Million. It can be addicting if you want it to be. I play a lot when I have the time, then when I have things to do I just do them. I never once really found this game addicting.

Zero are u ready to come back to KO :P[/b]
    As bad as WoW can be, it is still 10 times better than KO. If i did move games again, i would go back to a competitive FPS game and not another mmorpg. Im pinning my hopes on blizzard greatly improving the whole arena system.

m1mik

The world is a big place. 8.5 million is actually small considering the US has a population of about 300 Million. It can be addicting if you want it to be. I play a lot when I have the time, then when I have things to do I just do them. I never once really found this game addicting.[/b]
    Look at the amount of people playing similar games (MMORPGS or even FPS) and it's a VERY large amount. Comparing it to a population is irrelevent.

IMO, the game gets real fun at 40+ but leveling there can be very boring, but not as boring as KO. KO you sit in the same damn spot for 1-10 hours at a time to gain a fucking couple percent. In WoW, you're trying to kill a certain someone, collect items, blow up buildings etc. Somtimes when you're at the highest level though, and you can't find a raiding guild that will take you it gets BORING!!!

I also find it a lot cheaper then KO. I used to buy gold prem ($25 0,o?) , valk armor ($25 I think), Scrolls ($10-$20) a month! That may be a little spendy but for leveling and PK I thought it was perfect. Together thats a shit load of money compared to 15 bucks a month. Plus, you don't have to play a lot of WoW to be able to PK, do instances etc. At level 11-19 you can PvP with people with those levels. Same with 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, not sure of the next one since TBC came out. There's also a lot of instances starting from level 11 all the way to 70. There will ALWAYS be an instance go to starting at 11.

If you feel like trying WoW but have some questions, feel free to PM me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast