Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why is WoW addicting

This is a discussion on Why is WoW addicting within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Cyrus, don't quit WoW before I get to 70, I wanna fight against you 64 atm :S...
Page: 2

Cyrus, don't quit WoW before I get to 70, I wanna fight against you

64 atm :S

As bad as WoW can be, it is still 10 times better than KO. If i did move games again, i would go back to a competitive FPS game and not another mmorpg. Im pinning my hopes on blizzard greatly improving the whole arena system.[/b]
    fcc reunite to form cs:s clan :P

Lukes in the army :S
    Payn00 would play im sure
    Chris wud play
    Tarl plays
    poog well plays games still lol

Oh and you just missed out on the q4 £10k tournies @ i30

Tunai

Not being mean or saying the game sucks or anything, but whats soo good about it that it attracts millions of people and makes some people play till they are dead?
    The game looks soo weird from screen shots i have seen, i mean games such as Guild Wars looks better than it.
    So whats soo addicting about it? How is it fun?? I really want to know

Thanks [/b]
    This is gonna take a while so brace yourself.

Well, I played KO for about 2 years, got hacked like 3 times, got bothered by turks thinking that they own all the servers, so the only language they speak to people in was turkish (im not a turk hater), kept on getting KS'd by the people who used KOSP / KOXP / KOKO, etc... The list can go on forever on how many hacks people use to level up and get items. I kept playing KO because i didn't want to leave the friends i made while playing the game. Now for the actual answer to your question.

WoW is a hell of a lot better due to he fact that if someone cheats there is no need to take screenshots or anything like that, just open a ticket to a GM, which will normally be replied to within an hour. So Cheating does not occur on WoW.

Just like all games it is usually boring to lvl from 1 - to the lvl cap. In WoW it is boring to lvl from 1-18. After that you can run instances with groups of people which will give u some really nice items, and will help u get more experiance in the game, and not to mention helping you make friends.

The leveling system is also extremely fun, you're constantly doing quests that are fun, because they are all connected in a manner of speaking. They all tell a small story about the history of the game with the horde, alliance, and the burning legion attacking. So as you level, it's also like reading a novel and being part of the story.

Once you hit the level cap of 70, unlike KO, there are still many things to do other then PvP. You can raid, which is like an instance, except you have more people taking part in them. There are 10 man, 25 man, and 40 man raids. Each raid as I have stated before has a specific story behind it, whether it's killing one of the "Old world Gods" or taking steps to defeat the Burning Legion. And also you can't just go in a raid with people you don't know and be successful. It takes a lot of skill as a person, as well as from a team to be successful in clearing the whole raid instance. Which is unlike KO where you just need to spam 1 Button to attack, and another button to use potions. It takes REAL skills to be good to WoW.

Also, when your guild advances in raid instances, you have a feeling of accomplishment whether you were in the raid or not. Personally, I always go get wasted after my guild takes down a boss for the first time. And it's nice for me to do that since I am in the 2nd best guild on my server. Unless we take down a boss called Magtheridon first, then we would be the best guild on my server :P

Another part of raids is that you have the chance to get Legendary items which have been used by some of the strongest characters in the game. And also, the chance to get items that have a story behind them. Which is unlike KO. Wow you got a raptor +8? w00t your leet.. Whats next? Try to go to +9 and break it? It doesn't make you an individual if you get a raptor +8, almost all warriors have a raptor. In WoW, if you get a good item, like the Gorhowl, you WILL be an individual, because not all people will be able to get it since you have to have a decent guild to get it. Or if you have a person running around in full Tier 4 armor. Again it will say that you know how to play, and that you have worked hard to get it. Not like KO where you can just babashop all of your items. The best items in wow cannot be traded. Once a person loots it, the item is "soulbound" and cannot be used by any1 but that character.

And thats why I find WoW is a hell of a lot better then KO. kkthnxbye.

PhearMe

This is gonna take a while so brace yourself.

Well, I played KO for about 2 years, got hacked like 3 times, got bothered by turks thinking that they own all the servers, so the only language they speak to people in was turkish (im not a turk hater), kept on getting KS'd by the people who used KOSP / KOXP / KOKO, etc... The list can go on forever on how many hacks people use to level up and get items. I kept playing KO because i didn't want to leave the friends i made while playing the game. Now for the actual answer to your question.

WoW is a hell of a lot better due to he fact that if someone cheats there is no need to take screenshots or anything like that, just open a ticket to a GM, which will normally be replied to within an hour. So Cheating does not occur on WoW.

Just like all games it is usually boring to lvl from 1 - to the lvl cap. In WoW it is boring to lvl from 1-18. After that you can run instances with groups of people which will give u some really nice items, and will help u get more experiance in the game, and not to mention helping you make friends.

The leveling system is also extremely fun, you're constantly doing quests that are fun, because they are all connected in a manner of speaking. They all tell a small story about the history of the game with the horde, alliance, and the burning legion attacking. So as you level, it's also like reading a novel and being part of the story.

Once you hit the level cap of 70, unlike KO, there are still many things to do other then PvP. You can raid, which is like an instance, except you have more people taking part in them. There are 10 man, 25 man, and 40 man raids. Each raid as I have stated before has a specific story behind it, whether it's killing one of the "Old world Gods" or taking steps to defeat the Burning Legion. And also you can't just go in a raid with people you don't know and be successful. It takes a lot of skill as a person, as well as from a team to be successful in clearing the whole raid instance. Which is unlike KO where you just need to spam 1 Button to attack, and another button to use potions. It takes REAL skills to be good to WoW.

Also, when your guild advances in raid instances, you have a feeling of accomplishment whether you were in the raid or not. Personally, I always go get wasted after my guild takes down a boss for the first time. And it's nice for me to do that since I am in the 2nd best guild on my server. Unless we take down a boss called Magtheridon first, then we would be the best guild on my server :P

Another part of raids is that you have the chance to get Legendary items which have been used by some of the strongest characters in the game. And also, the chance to get items that have a story behind them. Which is unlike KO. Wow you got a raptor +8? w00t your leet.. Whats next? Try to go to +9 and break it? It doesn't make you an individual if you get a raptor +8, almost all warriors have a raptor. In WoW, if you get a good item, like the Gorhowl, you WILL be an individual, because not all people will be able to get it since you have to have a decent guild to get it. Or if you have a person running around in full Tier 4 armor. Again it will say that you know how to play, and that you have worked hard to get it. Not like KO where you can just babashop all of your items. The best items in wow cannot be traded. Once a person loots it, the item is "soulbound" and cannot be used by any1 but that character.

And thats why I find WoW is a hell of a lot better then KO. kkthnxbye. [/b]
    What server do you play on? o.O US or EU?

Tunai

What server do you play on? o.O US or EU?[/b]
    U.S
    Realm: Bleeding Hollow
    Name: Pwngmachine

=]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12