World of Warcraft - Account Issue‏

This is a discussion on World of Warcraft - Account Issue‏ within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I haven't logged into my wow account in about a week, today i checked my email and saw this: at ...
Page: 1

I haven't logged into my wow account in about a week, today i checked my email and saw this:

at first i thoguht it was real, then i saw blizzard was spelled wrong; anyway, hardly anyone knows i play wow and my account is only level 41 why would anyone want to try and take it
    and how the f did they get my email

You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
    Sent: Fri 5/22/09 6:21 AM
    To: *********com

Greetings!
    It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft

account(s).
    As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
    If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further

investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
    If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account

ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
    This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
    quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
    This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information

about your account.
    You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
    * First and Surname
    * Date of birth
    * Address
    * Zip code
    * Phone number
    * Country
    * Account e-mail
    * Account name
    * Account password
    * Secret Question and Answer or Cd-Key
    If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your

account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
    We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
    Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    Account Administration Team
    P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
    Regards,
    Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment[/b]

Jay

There are a lot of them going around, all scams. Here is the one i got.
    Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
    and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
    WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
    In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
    https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/login/login...nt%2Findex.html
    Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment[/b]

KalaBunga Senior Member

if you ever have brought gold probaly the gold selling website, like i once brought gold now iget almost everyday a wishper from drifferent gold company's ingamew

Lightbulb

ya, i get multiple emails like those every week, but now they r dieing down since i got all of em on spam set it so anything with wow admin or wowaccount is auto deleted except @blizzard.com

ive been getting them for 4 months now <_<

i get em too.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

My guildie clicked the link and filled out the form they give you or w.e, the next day his char was completely stripped of all it&#39;s items and gold >.>

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

if you ever have brought gold probaly the gold selling website, like i once brought gold now iget almost everyday a wishper from drifferent gold company&#39;s ingamew[/b]
    thats nto related at all...u jus tplay on a server with a lot of gold spamming bots, but those bots just pm everyone in trade channel and any zone theyre in

Boyce

Pretty good.. they must catch out a lot of people, especially kids.Its Not right :S

KalaBunga Senior Member

thats nto related at all...u jus tplay on a server with a lot of gold spamming bots, but those bots just pm everyone in trade channel and any zone theyre in[/b]
    i think its is my friend who did not brought gold never gets those wispher like me or am i specail :-o

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i think its is my friend who did not brought gold never gets those wispher like me or am i specail :-o[/b]
    ive never bought gold, i still ge tthe whispers. its not related

i think its is my friend who did not brought gold never gets those wispher like me or am i specail :-o[/b]
    >.> They have a huge online list, they check different areas and PM. I highly doubt you could ever consider yourself special, unless it&#39;s in a classroom :lol: :P

BitterVet Senior Member PriestessRaina's Avatar

It&#39;s written somewhere in the legal jargin on WoW&#39;s website that Blizzard entertainment will never ask for your account name or password via email. Or ingame for that matter. so any email asking for that info is obviously a fake.

Manilas

If you guys receive an email from Battle Net, don&#39;t discard it.

My account just got hacked, someone attached it to their Battle Net account and changed info.

So, make sure you double check your information when you receive one of those emails.

Just sucks I have to wait till Monday to get my account back, Blizz ain&#39;t open on weekends <_< lol

not playing wow...
    get them too

they can just get ur email off of a forum like this or any other im assuming thats wat ur asking about right ? its a pretty simple program that does it automatically

alot of holes in forums when it comes to that and a few very good programs out there i&#39;ve done it in my past there are programs that just scan the site itself , then there are private programs that actually scan the registry and usually get 80%+ of the users emails