Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Is WOW better than KO ?

This is a discussion on Is WOW better than KO ? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; KO is not a good game, but it has much room for skill in the sence of having fast fingers ...
Page: 3

Fag

KO is not a good game, but it has much room for skill in the sence of having fast fingers (micro)...WoW is not a game that requires fast fingers to my knowledge..[/b]
    Wow is a game that requires brain and fast thinking to pvp... Well exept for being a warrior, im playing a warrior now and you dont need as much skill as playing druid, lock or shadowpriest

Prolly i will change realm and go horde lock now h34r: No luck with good raiding guilds on my realm, atleast on ally side..

sacred

I like em the same, Wow beats ko in pve, Ko beats wow in pvp[/b]
    yeah i agree, but still ko > wow

Redaria

I personally find WoW PvP much more interesting than KOīs.

Why?

In KO all you have to do is spam your combo and you donīt have to pay much attantion to your opponent. WoW PvP in the other hand is like a mindgame - you gotta predict your opponents next move, adjust your tactics to beat different classes.
    KO has like 4-5 places where you can duel or fight the other nation. In WoW thereīs almost 30 normal maps, battlegrounds, arenas, world pvp towers etc.

In my opinion KO compared to WoW, is like old Ford Siarra compared to a brand new Lamborghini [/b]
    I totally agree with V8...love WOW so much more...don't get hacked all the time, etc. also.... Pce

Redaria

I dont understand how anyone can find ko pvp better, unless they themselves koxp'd to 80 and duped +4 uniques...etc. the game was ruined long ago. When you factor in crappy CS, endless cheating and horrible server stability, it doesnt really matter if pvp is good or not. As i said before, staying on ko cause the pvp is better, is like not wanting to leave a concentration camp because you like the bread. ^_^[/b]
    Love it!!!....very well said!

BrandonLee

WOW blows the hell outa KO only draw back is that you GOTTA pay and only if you got the time to spend on the comp does it make it worth it. I personally can't an wont play wow anymore cuz i only get maybe an hour a day to do so.

Also, and not being racist, when i started playing this game a couple of years ago it was fun. Just people haveing fun and it was simple. Then came..... the turks, i swear they FUBAR the sht outa this game. At one time there was 95% of all cheaters and dupers etc... were coming from Turkish internet cafes. With the addition of the so called "updates" that ko has made it just is a cheap WoW rip anyway.

Ty

BrandonLee

I dont understand how anyone can find ko pvp better, unless they themselves koxp'd to 80 and duped +4 uniques...etc. the game was ruined long ago. When you factor in crappy CS, endless cheating and horrible server stability, it doesnt really matter if pvp is good or not. As i said before, staying on ko cause the pvp is better, is like not wanting to leave a concentration camp because you like the bread. ^_^[/b]
    I to strongly agree, couldn't have been said any better.

FatM4n

WoW pvp has so much more skills, In ko you could just master your own skill etc, Ko was just a pure dmg race, the one who could dmg the most won, more or less.
    However in WoW you need to know how to counter the other spells, for example you can do 50k to someone and still loose. it takes skills to interrupt/CC etc so you can decide how it's gonna end otherwise you end up dead.

And imho I think hunters/Druids are the hardest to play, since Hunters need to keep enemies at range and druids have tons of utility.

Yeah i think that KO takes more physical skill but WoW requires more thinking and good strategy. KO was just a spamfest and the only reason people rate KO pvp so high is because there is no equivalent of arena in KO to expose imbalances. Classes seem more balanced when pvp is just random zerging. If ko pvp was organised 3v3 fights for example, then some specs like battle priests would be grossly overpowered.

Agree about druids being hard to play, not so sure about hunters Most hunters shoot themselves in the foot by not using a scorpid pet for starters.

ko>wow

Zanon

Played them both. Beat Illidan in raiding and had a 2k+ 5v5 arena rating. Got 3 sets of epic gear. What else is there to do? Wait on expansion? Yea... everything i have now is worthless and everything I get in the new expansion will be worthless when the 4th one comes out. In addition, I do not feel like rep grinding again and again. You can "max" out in wow if you are a hardcore player in a hardcore guild. In KO, you can always improve your gear, always gain NP. You can just keep owning. If you stay away from riff-raff, you dont get hacked. Period. Imo. KO>WoW.

In KO, you can always improve your gear, always gain NP. You can just keep owning. If you stay away from riff-raff, you dont get hacked. Period. Imo. KO>WoW.[/b]
    I know plenty of people who got database hacked for no reason. Being hacked in KO is a matter of luck, it is unavoidable. My own character was messed with by hackers and even a turkish GM more than once. The entire game is corrupt, there are turkish GM's giving items to their friends. Gaining NP becomes worthless eventually. After the 1st million milestone, it stops mattering if you have 2 million or 5 million NP. You dont get anything good from it apart from a pathetic stipend. So in the end you log in just to run around the same map, in mass zergs, and thats all the game is. Once you have full +8's it is not viable to improve your gear without duping or getting stupid luck.

All MMORPG's have limits in PvE, blizzard design content for the majority of raiders, not for the 1% of unemployed hardcore raiders. I dont see 2k arena rating as much of an achievement depending on your battlegroup and gear. If you have cleared BT then i would aim for #1 spot in a bracket. 2k is very do-able with just normal pvp gear alone.

Trawma_35

ko> all

ShadowBane

Ko got owned by WoW since Blood on Diez disbandaded and BreathVillage became whatever's the name :lol:

Banned

my opinion

as a game looking at all aspects

WoW> KO

just looking at it from a pvp standpoint

KO> _______________

never found a game which requires near as much skill in pvp

probably never will

Aqu

Played them both. Beat Illidan in raiding and had a 2k+ 5v5 arena rating. Got 3 sets of epic gear.[/b]
    If this is true, and thats a fairly sizeable if, then can I congratulate you

But you cant really use this as justification that KO is better than WoW. The amount of people that have cleared BT is absolutely tiny compared to the number that play it. Thats like saying you're a KO char with full +3 Uniques and +8 Shells or something with a +8 Uber Weapon because when you've got that theres not really any point in playing either is there.
    You can get more np sure, but what is the point of np, its just a big number, theres no actual benefit for getting it.

Using that logic you could just stay and pvp in wow, you say its pointless caus you cant get any gear improvements but that is certainly true of KO once you hit 80.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast