Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wow even worth playing now?

This is a discussion on Wow even worth playing now? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Originally Posted by Yatta Even without that, there was Yogg 0 (which is the encounter I was referring to originally). ...
Page: 3

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Even without that, there was Yogg 0 (which is the encounter I was referring to originally).
    That fight was somewhat gear based o.O

It wasn't any more dependent on gear than the original Firefighter (downed May 1st) or Algalon (downed June 3rd). Gear makes everything easier but that fight was more like 90% strategy, 10% luck. Even with 245 and 258 gear, some guilds still can't down Yogg 0 with the huge nerf it got. Icecrown gear wouldn't have made the original version doable by most guilds.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

It wasn't any more dependent on gear than the original Firefighter (downed May 1st) or Algalon (downed June 3rd). Gear makes everything easier but that fight was more like 90% strategy, 10% luck. Even with 245 and 258 gear, some guilds still can't down Yogg 0 with the huge nerf it got. Icecrown gear wouldn't have made the original version doable by most guilds.
    Of course, I wasn't saying that skill had nothing to do with it. But it's not like you can really down bosses like that with full N25 gear

Even without that, there was Yogg 0 (which is the encounter I was referring to originally).
    if you just knew how many 18 hour raids i've had on that encounter (pre-nerf) almost had nightmares bout that encounter :P

All the screams on vt... TANK THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. CRAP TANK, CANT EVEN TANK WITH BROKEN SHIELD/Sword!!.... HEAL FASTER.... HEAL MORE... PRESS THOSE FUCKING BUTTONS HARDER YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT DPS! !

Thanks for reminding me Yatta that one encounter oh man! long time since ive had 2x T8.5 Tanking sets 100% Red :P 1x T7.5 Tanking set 100% red 4 tanking weaps/shield 100% red <3

Ki1laH

Quote Originally Posted by 3xiT View Post
    the probleem is that.

in vannila wow i spend 6 weeks for a single bloodfang part to drop. i grind countless Hks to reach rank 13.

Tbhc was bad ass 2 so long it took most good raiding guilds to clear sunwell and wow it took ages before some one beated Kill jeaden.

Wolk: naxx was cleared 13 days after launch 10 & 25.
    Naxx was in vanilla, they are the same fights as they were in vanilla, just less people. The reason encounters take a while to down, are figuring out the best way to do them.

Naxx was a re-create of a raid, therefore all the strategies were already there, which is 80% of the fight right there. Of course it was downed quickly, everybody already knew the content.

And the 'people just raid toc and ony' ... yeah because they are the best atm. You don't realize ICC will be a naxx style raid that will take a lot longer to complete and a lot more skill. Especially the hard modes.

It's annoying when people cry about it being a casual game, those casuals aren't downing togc ... thats for the non-casuals. Those casuals won't be clearing ice crown citadel, especially not the hardmode. They won't be killing arthas. They won't be getting the legendary axe.

Sure its easy to get welfare gear, but when you play non-casually you get BETTER gear the old fashioned way and stick out from the casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ki1laH View Post
    Naxx was in vanilla, they are the same fights as they were in vanilla, just less people. The reason encounters take a while to down, are figuring out the best way to do them.

Naxx was a re-create of a raid, therefore all the strategies were already there, which is 80% of the fight right there. Of course it was downed quickly, everybody already knew the content.

And the 'people just raid toc and ony' ... yeah because they are the best atm. You don't realize ICC will be a naxx style raid that will take a lot longer to complete and a lot more skill. Especially the hard modes.

It's annoying when people cry about it being a casual game, those casuals aren't downing togc ... thats for the non-casuals. Those casuals won't be clearing ice crown citadel, especially not the hardmode. They won't be killing arthas. They won't be getting the legendary axe.

Sure its easy to get welfare gear, but when you play non-casually you get BETTER gear the old fashioned way and stick out from the casuals.

Casuals doesnt down ToGC? what crap server do you play on... casuals pug that raid on my old server.. all bout muting your ingame sound and play [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qae_TUTeGo[/ame] in the background
    Last edited by *RW*; 11-08-2009 at 09:43 AM.

KalaBunga Senior Member

lastnight i had a great pug in uldaur 10 , did some hardmodes , but at 4am people stoped moving the correct way / on time and we failed at miriom

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

firefighter down <_< server 2nd and completely retarded that we were able to get it...we had BARE minimum turn out for raid today where at times we were having to wait up to 30 min for someone to log on or come back from eating dinner just so we could have a full raid then on top of that people dying to STUPID shit like stacking up in phase 1 so that 5 people were getting napalmed at once...or pallies forgetting to run sac at beginning of phase 4

SOMEHOW we still managed to get firefighter......im happy we got it dont get me wrong but it was PATHETIC, it took us 6 attempts to get down freya knockx3 too when we usually 1 shot it people were just being retarded tonight

yet another reason this game loses its appeal -_- be completely retarded but get some of the harder encounters down even AFTER nerf......sure np -_-

icecrown is being compared to sunwell though so that looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    firefighter down <_< server 2nd and completely retarded that we were able to get it...we had BARE minimum turn out for raid today where at times we were having to wait up to 30 min for someone to log on or come back from eating dinner just so we could have a full raid then on top of that people dying to STUPID shit like stacking up in phase 1 so that 5 people were getting napalmed at once...or pallies forgetting to run sac at beginning of phase 4

SOMEHOW we still managed to get firefighter......im happy we got it dont get me wrong but it was PATHETIC, it took us 6 attempts to get down freya knockx3 too when we usually 1 shot it people were just being retarded tonight

yet another reason this game loses its appeal -_- be completely retarded but get some of the harder encounters down even AFTER nerf......sure np -_-

icecrown is being compared to sunwell though so that looks promising

Except the fact that blizz is allowing people to select a difficulty for each boss... which is just pathetic and a tribute to the casuals AGAIN.. Should make it pure hardmode in icecrown.

Ki1laH

Get used to it or quit, I'm not a casual player, but I know that 90% of the population of WoW is. They want to make money, the 10% of hardcore raiders are not their main source of income, we pay just as much.

Be happy they give us hardmodes with better rewards, they could just as easily make it one mode that is easy enough for casuals.

And ToC is kind of a 'casual' raid being how quick it can be done, and yes I am on a shit server, nobody has even completed togc25 on this server. But a pug does not = a casual.

I've had amazing pugs, just because its a pug does not make the players casuals.

I agree with Kil1aH on this. I'm no hardcore player, but I'm no casual either, so maybe you won't see what I'm going to tell you.
    If I had the time, I'd be more of a hardcore player, but as time doesn't allow it because of school and I believe it is like this for most people in WoW, they haven't got so much time to concentrate on WoW. I'd believe, like Kil1aH says, that casual players are the biggest source of income and that Blizzard is a company and thus they have to choose the main income source that brings in the largest amount of money and therefore not concentrate so much about making raids etc. for hardcore players, which is why I'd say that casual players "won the war" and not the hardcore players. I can see why you guys are complaining about the needed difficulty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ki1laH View Post
    Get used to it or quit, I'm not a casual player, but I know that 90% of the population of WoW is. They want to make money, the 10% of hardcore raiders are not their main source of income, we pay just as much.

Be happy they give us hardmodes with better rewards, they could just as easily make it one mode that is easy enough for casuals.

And ToC is kind of a 'casual' raid being how quick it can be done, and yes I am on a shit server, nobody has even completed togc25 on this server. But a pug does not = a casual.

I've had amazing pugs, just because its a pug does not make the players casuals.
    Pugs are for casuals/alts..

And aye, i did quit due to raiding being too easy now a days, if you have played the game in a competing guild for almost 5 years.. then you wont have the same amount of fun as you did back then, simply too much of the same... i miss the time when you didnt know the encounters you charged into, before you had wiped on em a few times..
    Last edited by *RW*; 11-11-2009 at 06:20 AM.

kamux

yea gear its too easy to get now..

pizzaman

I've tried all the supposed to be good mmorpgs that are out and they all sucked really..no im not a WoW fan either, but im thinking about playing though sincfe there isnt anything else to play.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123