Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WoW

This is a discussion on WoW within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; okay so last time i played wow it was in like 2005 when i wanted to try it out I ...
Page: 1

Default WoW

okay so last time i played wow it was in like 2005 when i wanted to try it out
    I got to level 9 and gave up " i didnt know how to exit the city first city " I was night elf. " I didnt find teleport gates or what so ever. so noobie.
    now im thinking about starting wow .. or is it like too late?
    Is it hard to level like, comparing to ko. Does it take long time? to level to the max level.. how long u guys think Ill have to play to be good at it
    my college starts soon so maybe i shud stick to knightonline?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Waza View Post
    okay so last time i played wow it was in like 2005 when i wanted to try it out
    I got to level 9 and gave up " i didnt know how to exit the city first city " I was night elf. " I didnt find teleport gates or what so ever. so noobie.
    now im thinking about starting wow .. or is it like too late?
    Is it hard to level like, comparing to ko. Does it take long time? to level to the max level.. how long u guys think Ill have to play to be good at it
    my college starts soon so maybe i shud stick to knightonline?
    Definetely NOT stick to Knightonline if you gonna be short of time. WoW is not as time consuming as KO in things such as HAVING to be online for CSW, scheduled Wars, being online everyday to keep up with the np ranking, grinding criminal (i'd say now) amounts of hours everyday to achieve 5-10% of your current lvl, and having to deal with koxpers, bugs, exploits, turks (as in not talking ur own language and making yourself speak it lol), lag, disconnection, not being able to log into servers, launcher problems, patch problems, unfair banning, useless GM's (as not assisting you as they should), for these and many more reasons, you should NOT pick KO over WoW.

Now, WoW is a lovely game, i've personally played KO for 4 years and recently switched to WoW and i really enjoy it. I have not EVER grinded a single spot of monsters in order to level up. all i've done through my 62 lvls Ive achieved so far ( 1 month and not no-lifing exping as KO) have been QUESTs. questing in wow is what makes u lvl, and quests are fun to do, theres group quests, scort quests, all kinds of them, theres also proffesions which keep you busy aswell, reputation with cities, overall: a thousand more things to do than in KO, which is just exp and pk . Also pvping in WOw takes a LOT more skill than KO, which is just about pressing 2 or 3 buttons and having common sense. in WoW u got like 20 skills to use, which u use to pvp in battlegrounds 15 v 15 ( capturing flags / taking over locations ( those sort of things, VERY entertaining ) or pvp in arena ( just a player vs player 2v2 3v3 or 4v4) which u gain Honor, which can be used to obtain really good items for your lvl.

so yes, WoW is definetely better than KO and you dont need to be online all day or having to keep up with anyone to achieve something on it. you can just log whenever you want, quest here and there, join some battlegrounds, do some instances (from where u get special items) , etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SexE View Post
    Definetely NOT stick to Knightonline if you gonna be short of time. WoW is not as time consuming as KO in things such as HAVING to be online for CSW, scheduled Wars, being online everyday to keep up with the np ranking, grinding criminal (i'd say now) amounts of hours everyday to achieve 5-10% of your current lvl, and having to deal with koxpers, bugs, exploits, turks (as in not talking ur own language and making yourself speak it lol), lag, disconnection, not being able to log into servers, launcher problems, patch problems, unfair banning, useless GM's (as not assisting you as they should), for these and many more reasons, you should NOT pick KO over WoW.

Now, WoW is a lovely game, i've personally played KO for 4 years and recently switched to WoW and i really enjoy it. I have not EVER grinded a single spot of monsters in order to level up. all i've done through my 62 lvls Ive achieved so far ( 1 month and not no-lifing exping as KO) have been QUESTs. questing in wow is what makes u lvl, and quests are fun to do, theres group quests, scort quests, all kinds of them, theres also proffesions which keep you busy aswell, reputation with cities, overall: a thousand more things to do than in KO, which is just exp and pk . Also pvping in WOw takes a LOT more skill than KO, which is just about pressing 2 or 3 buttons and having common sense. in WoW u got like 20 skills to use, which u use to pvp in battlegrounds 15 v 15 ( capturing flags / taking over locations ( those sort of things, VERY entertaining ) or pvp in arena ( just a player vs player 2v2 3v3 or 4v4) which u gain Honor, which can be used to obtain really good items for your lvl.

so yes, WoW is definetely better than KO and you dont need to be online all day or having to keep up with anyone to achieve something on it. you can just log whenever you want, quest here and there, join some battlegrounds, do some instances (from where u get special items) , etc.
    Wow thanks alot im soooo excited now
    Is there like Ardream or RLB system like only " battlefields" for certain level?
    wich i can just farm items n pwn on it. also how do i know wich server is new? dont wanna play on old server wit like +9/10 items on usko :P or that doesnt exist on wow Is there like Impossible to get items like shell +10 etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Waza View Post
    Wow thanks alot im soooo excited now
    Is there like Ardream or RLB system like only " battlefields" for certain level?
    wich i can just farm items n pwn on it. also how do i know wich server is new? dont wanna play on old server wit like +9/10 items on usko :P or that doesnt exist on wow Is there like Impossible to get items like shell +10 etc.
    All battlegrounds have lvl brackets, like first one is lvl 10-19, then is 20-29, then 30-39, and so on, so yes , u can say so

oh and in wow theres no item u cannot have, they all drop from monsters (unique bosses obviously)or made by players (blacksmiths, tailorers or leatherworkers)

bosses in wow are not like in KO, u cant solo a boss, u need like 25 players to kill a Boss ( a hard one)

Quote Originally Posted by SexE View Post
    All battlegrounds have lvl brackets, like first one is lvl 10-19, then is 20-29, then 30-39, and so on, so yes , u can say so

oh and in wow theres no item u cannot have, they all drop from monsters (unique bosses obviously)or made by players (blacksmiths, tailorers or leatherworkers)

bosses in wow are not like in KO, u cant solo a boss, u need like 25 players to kill a Boss ( a hard one)
    sweet!! thanks
    yeah great hope they dont take long time to spawn like ko lol
    and btw I know i botherd you, but is there any site with like tips for people who started wow Things I shud be aware of

Wow pvp is very different... You won't ever be able to 5 v 1 people that are the same level as you. Gear is pretty easy to obtain and even if you have the best possible gear it doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to dominate like in KO.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CurLy View Post
    Wow pvp is very different... You won't ever be able to 5 v 1 people that are the same level as you. Gear is pretty easy to obtain and even if you have the best possible gear it doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to dominate like in KO.
    A couple for clothies and recklessness = good times

Banned

Unlikely like KO there isn't much unbalancing between classes and gear. Unless u got friends start playing on a Medium or Low server and not on a high populated one, the most of them got alot of experienced players that require good gear and achievements (The proof you did the boss before) before you can join their group. The more emptier server (don't worry, still alot of people online) only requir you to have brains

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

It took me a long time to get into WOW. I use to think success in WOW was the same as KO, boy I was wrong. There is so much you can do and have a massive range of different goals in the game. The PvP is different but the arena system actually makes for more nail bitting stuff than any 1 v1 in KO.

Raiding is imense fun and is a challange of tactics and knowing your class and role.

Finally you have the achivements , these can go from winning a dual to doing the /love emote to a list of animals. I'm really hooked on doing these atm and you can get a range of rewards. Some give unquie mounts , some give you a title to finally getting vanity items such as a talbard.

Just get a good guild behind you and you will have a brilliant time and you will say to yourself "Why didn't I do this sooner"

StayOffLine

stick ko with me for god sake !

thanks guys

DreAdSlay3R

Sexe what server you playing?

you can just log whenever you want and do what you like

Quote Originally Posted by CurLy View Post
    well you can if you can play your class and you find 5 people that are still face smashing keyboardist. its happened plenty of the time for me

wow fails so hard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast