WOW is it really that addictive :S

This is a discussion on WOW is it really that addictive :S within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I was searching for some WOW vedios on youtube to know some about it and seen many stories of addicted ...
Page: 1

Ayman4u

I was searching for some WOW vedios on youtube to know some about it and seen many stories of addicted ppl and how there life got fked up :S

- Is it really that much of addiction or even worth all of this ? or those just some rare lifeless ppl around the world

this is the 1st vedio i saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaDfAEigzTU

and this is the site that i fond in by google

http://www.wowdetox.com/

check them

from the frist impression and reading/watching all of this , b4 I test it I think I won't go 1 step near it or download it , Don't want to get involved that much into it

what you really think about WOW ? maybe my veiw is wrong

Banned

People who say stuff like that obviously have no self-control. ANYTHING can be addicting if you can't control yourself. It's a game and nothing more, so you gotta treat it like one. Enjoy stuff in moderation!

EDIT: LOL at the youtube video, someone I knew was exactly like that guy ^^

And I looked at that wow detox site. God some people...

KalaBunga Senior Member

i enjoyed the game alot but then blizzard fucked the game up by TBC and the path before that people who raided like every week for T1-T2 or T3 or grined there way to rank 14 like me when i was rank 13 the path came that made all noobs in lvl 51 gear that where 60 able to get epic's eqaul to t2 and weapons even beter.

it can be addicting you just need zelf controll

Baxxor

It's only addicting when you allow it to be addicting, i can quit anytime.
    But i have fun when i play, why the hell should i stop?
    people think im addicted but there is worse people, and i dont even play that much...

those guys who get addicted to wow are always the fucking sadcase raiders, they play a different game effectively. They cannot reach the goals blizzard sets without devoting insane hours.

I never heard of an addicted wow pvp'er, probably because it gets annoying after 2 hours. Its more intense fun, but more stressful aswell i feel.

But i suppose when you have 8million subscribers, you will be taking in a lot of people with addictive tendancies. If it wasn't wow, they would be hung up on internet poker or something.

you can get addicted to brushing your teeth if you so choose

Pwner4Last

lolz wow is not addictivie just a bounch of bs

wow isnt really addictive like drugs, but ofc its like counterstrike for some ppl (or ko too ofc) they want to be the best, and to be the best you have to play it non stop..

but ofc

Megutlek

i wasnt addicted when played wow.

I returned to KO. becouse KO is teh best xD

-RW-

tbh wow is boring as hell

like.. i am bored with the game at lvl 17..

ko > wow

Megutlek

on private server its a big fun to play wow, but KO is still better.

but on the other hand there are less cheaters, scammers, (no koxp there xD)

no more addictive than ko, if anything ko is more addictive plus takes more time to get good i.e items lvls etc. wow is so easy to lvl up aswell which makes it les adictive in my eyes. apart from the first 2-3month when i was totaly hooked i found the game boring in the end and even all the friends id made while playing wasnt enough for me to stay.

2kunlimited

WoW is boring as hell. I don't know why people are so addicted to it. Unless you have friends in real life or ingame to play with, you will be a very lonely person. This game is designed for players to not be dependent on parties when lvling. So most of the quest ppl usually do it on their own. Joining a good guild is impossible if you don't have contacts. Most of the great gear comes from bosses that require 40 ppl to kill. And only good guild are able to kill them. Even when you join a good guild, this is how your gaming life is gonna be: 3-4 hours a night helping them kill boss, and during your day you are pretty by yourself. And it sometimes it takes months for you get one piece of gear you want.

2kunlimited

no more addictive than ko, if anything ko is more addictive plus takes more time to get good i.e items lvls etc. wow is so easy to lvl up aswell which makes it les adictive in my eyes. apart from the first 2-3month when i was totaly hooked i found the game boring in the end and even all the friends id made while playing wasnt enough for me to stay.[/b]
    yea, I know how you feel. I was given a lvl 60 char by my friends and even got into a decent guild. Quit after 2 months cause it was boring as hell...other than boss killing I'm pretty much alone all day long...lol--Even PvPing is tough cause fags comes in with gearout guild members and you get pwned every single game you play.