Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

is WoW worth it?

This is a discussion on is WoW worth it? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Sorry if someone posted this already but im too lazy to search. Well i played KO for about 2 years ...
Page: 1

Ganadorph Senior Member

Sorry if someone posted this already but im too lazy to search. Well i played KO for about 2 years or so and i didnt got any close to enjoy the top of the game and get good gear. I got hacked big time some time ago and costumer support is crap. Now im thinking of playing WoW but many people tell me its crap. so my questions are:

1. Is it worth it spending time playing it and paying to play it?
    2. Hows is the people there?
    3. is it gunna take me like 3 years to actually get to enjoy the game?
    4. do you recomend switching from KO to WoW?
    5. is costumer support good?
    6. and last is pvp as boring as KO players say?

Your help is really appreciated. TY

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

hmm

from my experience on wow :

1.i say yes, u have more stuff to do instead of grinding ur ass all day lon
    2.most of the ppl i know are nice ppl willing to help each other
    3.no, actually depends on u if u wanna take 3 years to get 70 xD (i dont think thats even possible) but is a lot faster than ko
    4.i would say yes
    5.hell yea
    6.i havent pvped a lot but... IMO ko pvp > wow pvp

ko vs wow questions

for me its hard to compare the 2 games because there are so different....

in ko all the game is based to grind xp till you can pk and even if u spent a ton of time to xp to 80 u still need either alot of luck to get drops from bosses and the time to find all these bosses or alot of money to baba shop with

1) wow is true rpgers game there is a ton of lore and story and 92184791247129847 quests from every small town in the game if you enjoy questing instead of the constant xp parties of ko then wow is for u

2)people in wow are generally alot more friendly as most people are speaking the same language. there is no language barrier and the amount of 8 year olds playing is reduced drastically because its not a free to play game.

3)if u xp hard u could make it to 70 in less then 2 months, i think its not hard to make 70 in 3 months for gamers who played ko cuz we are more hardcore then alot of the carebear mofos in wow :P

4) If you only love the pk at ko then i would say stay at ko, imo i dont think the pk in WOW is any where near as enjoyable because for the most part people are less skilled and u can tell 70% of players are button cliking noobs. Occasionally u find a good adversary , pk for the most part is gang bangs where 3 guys kill 1 guy etc and no one throws u a heal unless your best friend is a healer and with u :P

5)wow customer service is top notch... if u have a problem in game u can send a ticket and usually within 10-20 minutes u are speaking with a gm who will try best to help u

6) the pk system is very very different, in ko its like a arcade game and for the most part u are playing the same way in every fight .... in wow u must adjust your strategies in who u are fighting, there is 9 classes in wow and each class has much more diversity then any class at ko

personally i still think ko pk is more enjoyable but for playing 1 month at ko for me im paying 8$ for bronze and 20$ of scrolls and wow i pay 15 per month every month and i can do w.e i want and not deal with ko problems. i would recommend downloading the trial of wow and play 10 days for free see how u feel after this

Ganadorph Senior Member

ty to the both of u that replied u making it alot easier to decide :lol:

Nactoble

1. Yeah if you want to play a mmorpg.. WoW is still the best mmorpg out there.
    2. Depends, some are immature and some are mature but there isn't a language barrier.
    3. No, it takes less than a month to get to lvl 70
    4. Definately
    5. Superb
    6. No not at all, it's just different.. KO is all about spamming skills as fast as possible where as WoW is all about tactics and knowing what your enemy is capable to do.

If you try WoW and want to know about the pvp, please level to 70 and do arena, battlegrounds and duels aren't the real pvp behind WoW anymore.

Everything here I agree with.

But especially the level to 70 part. A 10 day trial really doesn't do the game justice. Do some quests, run an instance, get to say 39 or 49 and try out some Battlegrounds. (19,29 are full of twinks so you can't get a real feel of pvp)

But at 70 the game really expands and becomes fun. You can get all your pvp gear with honor in a fairly short time (way easier then KO) You can keep running battlegrounds, they are pretty fun when you play with some friends but alone it can get frustrating sometimes. Arenas are very fun too, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5s. In the lower brackets you can win easy but once your ranking climbs you need to apply your skills and knowledge of team setups and strategy. When you win its fun as hell :P

You can also join a raiding guild or just do that part time with the pvp. But raiding can be very fun when you just start it. If your guild is good you can progress through the harder instances, if its not then.. raiding won't be very fun.

Pretty much theres a crapload of stuff you can do. I like it, better then KO. Just my opinion anyway. I'm also playing with a bunch of friends from KO and just nice people I've met in WoW. If you don't have or meet people you like to play with WoW will be very boring.

Ganadorph Senior Member

so can i kick it with u guys in wow? :P :lol:

NEMANYA

1. Is it worth it spending time playing it and paying to play it? Answer:YES
    2. Hows is the people there? Answer:GOOD
    3. is it gunna take me like 3 years to actually get to enjoy the game?Answer:NO.max 3 month active playing
    4. do you recomend switching from KO to WoW?Answer: YES
    5. is costumer support good? Answer:100% BETTER THEN KO CS
    6. and last is pvp as boring as KO players say? Answer:KO>WOW PVP

There ya go

5. is costumer support good? Answer:100% BETTER THEN KO CS[/b]
    Um, Well I suck at math but 0x100=0 still.

Sorry, Had to make a joke - cs is much better on wow :P

Razyrfist

1. Is it worth it spending time playing it and paying to play it? Answer:YES
    2. Hows is the people there? Answer:GOOD
    3. is it gunna take me like 3 years to actually get to enjoy the game?Answer:NO.max 3 month active playing
    4. do you recomend switching from KO to WoW?Answer: YES
    5. is costumer support good? Answer:100% BETTER THEN KO CS
    6. and last is pvp as boring as KO players say? Answer:KO>WOW PVP

There ya go[/b]
    Im sorry, but WoW pvp completely owns KO pvp. At least in wow pvp, theres an objective you have to complete rather than running around getting gang banged by turks in Ardream / Ronark.

Answers to questions 1-5, i completely agree with tho.

Im sorry, but WoW pvp completely owns KO pvp. At least in wow pvp, theres an objective you have to complete rather than running around getting gang banged by turks in Ardream / Ronark.[/b]
    +1 ko pvp is nice and everything but wow takes more strategy than ko. plus in ko pvp is all about not dying by using gay ways like towning and running like a bitch or a mage tping u to town if ur losing. but in wow u cant town and there's plenty of ways to stop people from running so u have to take care of ur hp more than in ko. i really like wow in almost every aspect over ko. plus wow isnt all about pvp. pve also plays a huge role on wow and u almost never run out of things to do. unlike ko once ur lvl 80 all u can do is camp bosses for countless boring hours or hope there's good pk and if there isnt go kill atross? h34r:

1. Is it worth it spending time playing it and paying to play it?

This purely depends on your finacial situation in my defenatly yes

2. Hows is the people there?

Not to bad but i suppose it also differs from server to server atleast noone starts to whisper with "SLM GIEF YTAMS PLS"

3. is it gunna take me like 3 years to actually get to enjoy the game?

Funny that all the people associate fun with the "end game" you dont need to be lvl 70 to have fun compared to KO lvling is very enjoyable

4. do you recomend switching from KO to WoW?

Yes defenatly

5. is costumer support good?

Yes they are quick and seem actually eager to help tho the GM's come accross a bit goofy with the whole RP crap :P

6. and last is pvp as boring as KO players say?

Both PvP Systems are very different you cannot really compare them WoW is more tactical as KO is good oldfashion hack and slash

Anyway thats my 2 cents

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

It already has been stated, but if you are looking for a great game with a gigantic friendly community, friendly legitimate players, friendly moderated and amusing action with friendly teammates that want to have as much fun as possible in a happy and colored world with interesting pve, background and living events with active GMS and players speaking only english with possibilities of doing amusing and funny roleplay from times to times or even pick or server without PvP if you prefer hunting, go WoW.[/b]
    From l2guru forums. 2nd part was funnier but id rather not post it for few reasons :lol:

Bottomline is that in that post wow got pwnt hard. HOWEVER, wow is still pretty kewl game. Id play it if i wouldnt be playing l2 (witch ofc was the wtfpwn winner). Only intresting thing for me atleast is wow arena thingy. Rest is bs in bright colors imho.

Wow pwns ko hard, cant help that. So get out and choose wow till u can.

P.S
    [spoiler]If you are looking for some sick ass aggressive world pvp, crazy flames and insults that could make your mother cry , butthurt players filled of hatred and carebears insulting you for hours, and if you think roleplaying is fucking stupid, that the point of events is just to grind cash and that the background of the game doesn't matter as long as you can kick people's ass with above all GMS that won't give a single fuck about what you do and say in 90% of the cases, then go L2.
    *sry for offtopic*[/spoiler]

Und

[spoiler]play wow if you like competitive arena style pvp and 1k posts forum topics about druids being op

play l2 if you like drama and 1k posts forum topics about hypocritical botters and pedobear [/spoiler]

kaanzor69

6. No not at all, it's just different.. KO is all about spamming skills as fast as possible where as WoW is all about tactics and knowing what your enemy is capable to do.[/b]
    i wonder how long you played KO, obviously not long enough to know what a combo is <_<

anyways i downloaded the 10 day trial and i thought it was OK. but make sure you get in a crowded server because i was in a medium-crowded server and i had no one to help me do quests or anything like that.

another thing, you cant power level. well...you can in the sense that you can get a high level to do your quests for you, but can you sit down and let your mage friends aoe mobs for you while you level? no

i personally dont like the hours of grinding and quests. i prefer to get to the level cap quick and pvp. and the thing about WoW is, it&#39;s more about your items then your skill level. in knights i used to own people with roc&#39;s and rol&#39;s with all quest items but in WoW dont even try it -.-

i personally dont like the hours of grinding and quests. i prefer to get to the level cap quick and pvp. and the thing about WoW is, it&#39;s more about your items then your skill level. in knights i used to own people with roc&#39;s and rol&#39;s with all quest items but in WoW dont even try it -.-[/b]
    And idiot of the month goes to...

What the fuck do you call KO xp? Sitting in one spot killing the same 5 mobs for hours on end. Level cap quick? Have you not seen how much XP you need to get to level 80?

Lawl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast