Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just made this.

This is a discussion on Just made this. within the Graphics forums, part of the Off Topic category; Much better. What I find bad about it is lightning. I cannot see where the source comes from, whether from ...
Page: 2

Banned

Much better.

What I find bad about it is lightning.
    I cannot see where the source comes from, whether from the core or her head. Try to emphazise it and have shadows, lights according to it.
    Use a different font, that one sux.
    Don't like the b lack parts on the left. Render is kinda dark aswell, but you may find hard to fix that.

I'd totally erase those weird ass lines in the middle and work with the BG you had, its good, but it needs work.
    Needs deph.[/b]
    The light comes from the thing next to the "Fate". The way it's put out to be, (which might not look it), is that the light is more directly above her than in seems and her head is tilting. The light on her head is actually from that little light off in the background.

Yea, the font does suck. I was just trying to work with what I had.

Guess that's personal preference, but I can see what you mean.

Ofc the render is dark, it's facing away from the light

the weird lines...i just like them there..but ill keep that in mind when making future stuff. maybe without them things will look better.

My bad lmao its like 3AM I didn't pay enough attetion to lightning.
    Now that you've menitioned it, you're right.
    The lightning and shadwos are well placed, but you can work on that "core".

I'll insist on the lines, I'd personally take them out but its your sig.

Tip: Get a 200px soft brush (rounded one) black color and make some of the sides darker, will make it look cooler and it will give it deph.

Banned

maybe if you made them smaller so you have less room to fill that was my problem starting out was i tried using too much space and they didnt get good effects

another thing is youre using color balance for the color effect? cause color balance + different effects like brightness/contrast/curve and other things can really make a sig pop color wise

also how many layers do you use? just one for the background work? or a series of layers?[/b]
    I see what you mean. I used to make my sigs smaller, but most of the time I get owned by myself cuz i wanna use more of a picture, lol

i use however many layers i need until i like it. Not including the "Magic" part written on it, (which took up 5 layers. one for each letter) and the other texts, the sig was like 8 layers or so

I see what you mean. I used to make my sigs smaller, but most of the time I get owned by myself cuz i wanna use more of a picture, lol

i use however many layers i need until i like it. Not including the "Magic" part written on it, (which took up 5 layers. one for each letter) and the other texts, the sig was like 8 layers or so[/b]
    Besides the render, did you include any other picture on that sig?

Banned

My bad lmao its like 3AM I didn't pay enough attetion to lightning.
    Now that you've menitioned it, you're right.
    The lightning and shadwos are well placed, but you can work on that "core".

I'll insist on the lines, I'd personally take them out but its your sig.

Tip: Get a 200px soft brush (rounded one) black color and make some of the sides darker, will make it look cooler and it will give it deph.[/b]

good or too much?

Besides the render, did you include any other picture on that sig?[/b]
    no

Its better.
    Good sig, nice improvement from the 1st one you posted to this last one

I'm off to sleep, night.

Banned

Its better.
    Good sig, nice improvement from the 1st one you posted to this last one

I'm off to sleep, night.[/b]
    thnx for the help, gn.

Banned

going to sleep. everyone rate my shit as hard as u can while im sleeping and then tell me how i can make it better. when i wake up i wanna try more stuff so gogogogogo :P

J

Font and font placement is horrible in the 2nd sig.

killer2675

like i told you on vent, i think to much font spread around

How about the one im using?

Sig-
    Sig2-

J

I like the color one better. The font placement could use some work. And isn't the firefox color blue?

i will agree with what canz said. way to much space you would need something else over there to full that space or a well detailed backround to make up for the empty space. also dont be afraid to resize he render if needed. text culd be alot better aswell as the placing. and i can see the lighting is coming from what looks like a cloud or something. i think its well placed. looks good. lines are way to strong.

ill post a detailed backround in a minute for an example

now you might need to add more layers to it to blend a render with it. but its still very complex even on its own which is what you nee for those empty areas.

Banned

Font and font placement is horrible in the 2nd sig.[/b]
    k. any suggestions or tips about what i should look at when placing my fonts?

i will agree with what canz said. way to much space you would need something else over there to full that space or a well detailed backround to make up for the empty space. also dont be afraid to resize he render if needed. text culd be alot better aswell as the placing. and i can see the lighting is coming from what looks like a cloud or something. i think its well placed. looks good. lines are way to strong.

now you might need to add more layers to it to blend a render with it. but its still very complex even on its own which is what you nee for those empty areas.[/b]
    I'll just make smaller sigs again until i get a better grasp of the whole thing :P lol. and ofc..i always usually do have to resize my renders.

J

k. any suggestions or tips about what i should look at when placing my fonts?[/b]
    No, I am so oblivious to PS lol...but just mess around with it and see what looks good.

cRuX

now you might need to add more layers to it to blend a render with it. but its still very complex even on its own which is what you nee for those empty areas.[/b]
    Please do not show him a style that died 5+ years ago. That background has no complexity at all. You took 352 brushes and clicked like a chicken with its head cut off. That backgorund has 0 depth and isn't appealing to the eye at all. Magic you want to have something that is cool and flowing. Make something with a purpose or a vibe not just a shitty horror movie dvd cover. Try out the smudge tool bro..mess with the brush settings (use a splatter brush).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast