Making Symbols Transparent?

This is a discussion on Making Symbols Transparent? within the Graphics forums, part of the Off Topic category; Hey so instead of me getting it transparent by the Sticky post. How could i do it myself? i got ...
Page: 1

PriestOfShadows

Hey so instead of me getting it transparent by the Sticky post.

How could i do it myself?

i got Adobe Photoshop CS4 and i saved a .gif picture

i open it and save a .tga

Then where i save it do i right click it and say rename and type in symbol.bmp?

or does it have to be a .bmp

A tutorial for a clan symbol would be great

I told you where to find the tutorials -_-

PriestOfShadows

thats the same exact thing on king of knight....

i didnt make my own symbol...

im trying to make it .tga or what ever but no one seems to understand english.

you seem to not understand english lol

you make a pic 32x32, make an 'Alpha1' chanel and save it as symbol and TARGA file. Then you rename symbol.tga to symbol.bmp and copy it to symbol_us folder...

if you can't see extensions, then just open any folder, go to Tools -> Options -> View -> and untick 'Hide extensions of known files' (or something like this)

PriestOfShadows

you seem to not understand english lol

you make a pic 32x32, make an 'Alpha1' chanel and save it as symbol and TARGA file. Then you rename symbol.tga to symbol.bmp and copy it to symbol_us folder...

if you can't see extensions, then just open any folder, go to Tools -> Options -> View -> and untick 'Hide extensions of known files' (or something like this)[/b]
    okay thanks..

guess im noob at english

/fail for me

uhh so if its named symbol and its saved as a TGA file, how do i make it .bmp?

Go rename and type in symbol.bmp or do i change the file tile type some how to .bmp

okay thanks..

guess im noob at english

/fail for me

uhh so if its named symbol and its saved as a TGA file, how do i make it .bmp?

Go rename and type in symbol.bmp or do i change the file tile type some how to .bmp[/b]
    -_-

told you to change extension... I believe that your symbol got only 'symbol' as a name, then do as I said:

open any folder, go to Tools -> Options -> View -> and untick 'Hide extensions of known files' (or something like this)

now your symbol will be 'symbol.tga' just change it to 'symbol.bmp' and hide extensions cuz they are annoyning

PriestOfShadows

-_-

told you to change extension... I believe that your symbol got only 'symbol' as a name, then do as I said:

open any folder, go to Tools -> Options -> View -> and untick 'Hide extensions of known files' (or something like this)

now your symbol will be 'symbol.tga' just change it to 'symbol.bmp' and hide extensions cuz they are annoyning[/b]

okay but if the extensions were still showing, it says like symbol.bmp
    then it says its a bmp image now.

when my leader tried to open it on his comp it says the file is corrupt just like it said to me. but it isnt corrupt.

then he uploaded it on KO and it said it succeeded but its been 1 day and not showing up.

Did you try opening an bmp file into photoshop? I allready told you thats not possible, you got to change it towards .tga if you want to open it.

PriestOfShadows

no i dont wanna open it.

i just wanna know that after in game it said " clan symbol succeeded" or whatever if it is forsure going to work.

its been 24 hours and still hasnt shown up o_O

no i dont wanna open it.

i just wanna know that after in game it said " clan symbol succeeded" or whatever if it is forsure going to work.

its been 24 hours and still hasnt shown up o_O[/b]
    It may take an while, probably after maintance.. But you can test it if the symbol works if you didnt do that allready, just go to that cape npc and talk with him If you can see it there it should come within the next maintance

yo its me.

okay so i should just wait?