Need some help.

This is a discussion on Need some help. within the Graphics forums, part of the Off Topic category; Let me preface this with the fact that I know that this should probably be in Off Topic Media, but ...
Page: 1

Let me preface this with the fact that I know that this should probably be in Off Topic Media, but the Signature Section has more of a graphically-minded sub-community.

Anyway, I'm looking for scenic wallpapers, in a 1280x800 (widescreen) resolution. And by scenic, I don't mean a farm somewhere. I more or less mean pictures of city-scapes. And don't suggest InterfaceLift, been there and looked through them and found some that I liked. If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll post some pictures of what I'm looking for.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

HDR yes?

Exactly, but that one looks animated, as if someone created it in Photoshop or something.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

that one looks animated[/b]
    Actually, it is a real photograph, but it was taken with an HDR lens/technology/something. I'm not into photography, but:

In computer graphics and photography, high dynamic range imaging (HDRI) is a set of techniques that allows a greater dynamic range of exposures (the range of values between light and dark areas) than normal digital imaging techniques. The intention of HDRI is to accurately represent the wide range of intensity levels found in real scenes ranging from direct sunlight to shadows.

HDRI was originally developed for use with purely computer-generated images. Later, methods were developed to produce a high dynamic range image from a set of photographs taken with a range of exposures. With the rising popularity of digital cameras and easy-to-use desktop software, the term "HDR" is now popularly used[1] to refer to the process of tone mapping together with bracketed exposures of normal digital images, giving the end result a high, often exaggerated dynamic range. This composite technique is different from, and generally of lower quality than, the production of an image from a single exposure of a sensor that has a native high dynamic range. Tone mapping is also used to display HDR images on devices with a low native dynamic range, such as a computer screen.

Really? Wow, it looks like it was done in Photoshop. That's pretty amazing.