Rate my logo

This is a discussion on Rate my logo within the Graphics forums, part of the Off Topic category; Text ZonedOutStudios Just tried to make up something new. First time working with some of the vectors and it was ...
Page: 1

saltman_147

Text ZonedOutStudios Just tried to make up something new. First time working with some of the vectors and it was difficults because instead of purchasing them, therefor getting each one with a transparent background, I searched seperately and had to crop them :S. It took quite some time. Used a texture tool on the back then dulled it out so it wasnt plain black. Gradient tool on the text obviously, hue/saturation/ posterize, viberence a bit, and glow effects. Tell me what you think. Any way I can improve ??? When you recomend stuff keep in mind that i had to merge all the layers to upload correctly :S Forgot to save as another file so I will have to re-do some stuff but I cannot edit each vector or specific thing by layer. Whatever, im gonna go get a beer so leave comments :P

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Coming from a total noob in Photoshop, I would take the colorful leave design you have and don't let it block the text of the graphic. Just make it on the endings of the letters. You can also use a background of course. The text is hard to see if you haven't told me what it says, put the leaf designs behind the text, like a 3D image of the text, so on..

saltman_147

Coming from a total noob in Photoshop, I would take the colorful leave design you have and don't let it block the text of the graphic. Just make it on the endings of the letters. You can also use a background of course. The text is hard to see if you haven't told me what it says, put the leaf designs behind the text, like a 3D image of the text, so on..[/b]
    Thats the point of the design tho, to have the "flower like things" (vectors) to be over the text, I will post a picture of how it should look if done correctly. Unlike mine :P

EDIT:::

So here is the link for what I was hoping it would look like. name is abduzeedo as far as I can tell. Artist used vectors that were purchased in packs of 100's that were transparent back grounds so he didnt have to crop and had a wider selection. The vectors are suppose to go over the words but the ones he has or almost sized and shaped perfectly so that the letters are shown pretty well. Just need a little bit mroe practice but i tried to do it up quick just seeing how i did.

http://www.abductit.com/files/tutorials/Su...zeedoSwirls.jpg

I added glow to mine because I had tocrop it. The edges were very sketchy and glow helps eliminate it. It isnt to far away from the actual that i was imitating but the glow dows take away some depth from the picture, alot actually. Vectors are like $30 for packs of 100's so im not gonna do that haha.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

That 2nd link you posted now is much clearer, but if the point was to make the design over the lettering, then make it nicer, clearer I mean.

saltman_147

That 2nd link you posted now is much clearer, but if the point was to make the design over the lettering, then make it nicer, clearer I mean.

[/b]
    Yea still working on that. I am extremely familiar with GIMP however I just started photoshop last week and the amount of more tools it has is amazing. Still trying to figure stuff out.

tuttzilla

Well as far as blending the vector swirls with the text you could have rasterized the text layer, then merged the vector design layer with the text, and simply blurred and smudged the edges to make it blend and flow together.

Once the layers are together and working clearly then add effects like glow and gradient

saltman_147

Well as far as blending the vector swirls with the text you could have rasterized the text layer, then merged the vector design layer with the text, and simply blurred and smudged the edges to make it blend and flow together.

Once the layers are together and working clearly then add effects like glow and gradient[/b]
    However, part of the design is that (for example) the vector coming off the "u" in "out" is a yellow green. It goes over other colors. If i merge then gradients it will change the design a bit but ill mess around with it later. It is suppose to be different colros but not necesarly reb-yellow-green-blue. The vectors staying one color with no gradient obstruct the flow but i na kind of good way. I dont know if what i just wrote made any sense but just look at it and you will understand what im trying to accomplish. Much harder than i thought :S Ill see what I can do about your suggestion.

tuttzilla

Heres the tutorial for the effects your going for...

http://abduzeedo.com/super-cool-frilly-bits-typography

Heaps of other really cool tutorials and stuff on that site, id recommend having a good look around on it

M3rgim

hmm

darter

hmm[/b]
    ur sig is really starting to erk me...cut off that black empty space on the right side already man ..

ur sig is really starting to erk me...cut off that black empty space on the right side already man ..[/b]
    or atleast throw some text there. ^^

M3rgim

ur sig is really starting to erk me...cut off that black empty space on the right side already man ..[/b]
    if i knew how i would

or atleast throw some text there. ^^[/b]
    i suck at addin texts

M3rgim

if i knew how i would
    i suck at addin texts [/b]
    Done :P

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Looks really good.

Only thing i would say is that it is very hard to read the text. I think you could have a similar design but make it in such a way that the text is easier to read. The idea behind it though is good.