Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ratings plz

This is a discussion on ratings plz within the Graphics forums, part of the Off Topic category; please rate these six sigs. comments also appreciated. thanks ^_^ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ...
Page: 1

DisillusionedIdealogue

Default ratings plz

please rate these six sigs. comments also appreciated. thanks ^_^

Guachimagaa

they are all good, uve improved a lot, making te backgrounds, u can make some nice backgrounds with brushes, also, there is something called, adjustement layer, level n curve, u can adjust the colors of the canvas from there, n it aint hard to find the perfect color, filters help a lot doin backgrounds :P n they generally look awesome, lol u may know this by now but well, thats how i make my sigs.. :P

n yeah, ur sigs look awesome ^^

DisillusionedIdealogue

thx ^_^ . i havent used the level n curve very often lol, tried it once and didnt know what i was doing :P , i'll take a look at it again.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

ok here are some tips, whether you wanna follow is none of my business-

1) don't EVER distort the pictures. put them in their original shape. for example the ethelka picture it clearly shows the mage being wider than the original stock.
    2) set a light source or at least some shading so that it doesn't look like the stock is pasted ON the background. brush a little behind/around the stock to really blend the stock into the whole sig. excessive brushing is unneccessary (the pale green on holy_priest_sk sig)
    3) sig size.. personally i think this size is a little too big.
    4) text.. bad placing of text....... then again u won't really save those sigs with a good text position
    5) set your contrast plz. go to adjustment -> contrast/brightness and set the contrast/brightness til it looks better. however different sigs should have different contrast for example IMO sigs with vectors or designs that make them look not so realistic should not have a strong contrast while realistic sigs with c4d renders should.
    6) its best to make ko chars with some c4d renders behind since its all 3d n it'll mix well BUT BUT BUT i'm not asking u to just paste the char on top of the c4d renders there's a lot more to it. try different modes and stuffs with the c4d renders. also try to put a radial gradient on the background before everything so u have a nice focal point.
    7) the borders are hideous... so.. ya. blackborders usually work best if u don't know any other borders. just go to image-> applyimage once u're done, select the whole shit n then go to edit-> stroke-> inside-> 2 or 1 px of black line.
    8) gradient map shouldn't be so heavy i can see only 1 colour theme in all of those sigs.. so ya.

thats all h43r:

DisillusionedIdealogue

i duno what a stock is, but i'm guessing from context clues you mean the original image?

where do you think i should put the texts?

whats the gradient map and how do i mess with it? :P

thanks for your comments ^_^

ShayaN

4th one looks nice.

DisillusionedIdealogue

added numbers 5 and 6 and 7

Zink

I like the second one. B)

DragonFire

what is a c4d render :blink:

DisillusionedIdealogue

a c4d render is an abstrat 3d model with no background. pretty much some random shape :P . they're kind of like the background for the background :P, since we put them all the way at the back and then usually brush over them or distort them in some way to get something we like.

this would be an exapmle

ps. added number 8

Guachimagaa

ive never used that lol, where do u dload them? or how do u make them :P

DragonFire

that's crazy lol

Guachimagaa

yesh xD

Flay

what program u use to make sig backgrounds? :blink:
    and where can i get it?

DisillusionedIdealogue

to dragon, lol its not that bad, you can move it around and just use parts you like.

to guacho, you can get tons of them at www.render-world.com (abstract 3D models) and www.diviantart.com (under resources)

and to flay, i use photoshop cs2 to make sigs. i dont make those c4d renders, though lol, i download them from websites (see above :P). i just take them and mess with them on photoshop to get a background i can use for each sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast