Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sig Crit

This is a discussion on Sig Crit within the Graphics forums, part of the Off Topic category; yo, havnt made anything or even touched photoshop for a year and decided to have a wee play today... whats ...
Page: 1

tuttzilla

yo, havnt made anything or even touched photoshop for a year and decided to have a wee play today...

whats the verdict? i actually had it way more colourful but ive always had a problem of over working things and they always end up one colour pretty much :P

mm like it a lot

9/10 :P

how did u make these dots at the left & right? Is this pattern?

tuttzilla

thanks!

yep, i made vertical and horizontal line patterns, and overlayed them ontop of each other, which brings the dots out more :P

Lord0fWar

Its decent but it lacks the WOW factor. = )
    Make it a littel more exciting and btw you dont allways have to
    slap the render right in the middle of the sig ^^

M3rgim

nice

tuttzilla

Its decent but it lacks the WOW factor. = )
    Make it a littel more exciting and btw you dont allways have to
    slap the render right in the middle of the sig ^^[/b]
    lol i know, i normally wouldnt but i felt this one really needed to be centered, i mean it has focal lines coming in from all directions so ya cant really put that on the side.

and i agree it does seem to be lacking something that would make it pop... dunno, i think ima get back into this "sig making" stuff anyway, i just wish i wasnt stuck on PS7 <_< my laptop cant seem to run CS2 or 3 lol..

BTW if someone wants to use it for themselves im fine with that lol, i can replace my name easily.

thanks!

yep, i made vertical and horizontal line patterns, and overlayed them ontop of each other, which brings the dots out more :P[/b]
    u made them yourself, right?

if yes, then how can I make these and also maybe 45degree one? would be nice to know

Lord0fWar

lol i know, i normally wouldnt but i felt this one really needed to be centered, i mean it has focal lines coming in from all directions so ya cant really put that on the side.

and i agree it does seem to be lacking something that would make it pop... dunno, i think ima get back into this "sig making" stuff anyway, i just wish i wasnt stuck on PS7 <_< my laptop cant seem to run CS2 or 3 lol..
    BTW if someone wants to use it for themselves im fine with that lol, i can replace my name easily.[/b]
    PS7 is more than enough. Scattering settings on your smudge tool arent that important imo = )

tuttzilla

u made them yourself, right?

if yes, then how can I make these and also maybe 45degree one? would be nice to know [/b]
    make a new image file, 10 x 10 pixels

make 2 new layers, and delete the back ground

right click paint brush and select pencil

change foreground colour to white, background to black

fill bottom layer with black (just so u can see what ur doing with the white), then switch to top layer

with white pencil on one pixel size make lines (either horizontal, vertical or diagonal, also dots makes a cool effect) with one pixel line left between each line made

once youve made your pattern, hide the black background layer, make a square selection around it all

go edit>define pattern, save the new pattern and then u can use it in all images by just filling a selection with this pattern

cRuX

BTW if someone wants to use it for themselves im fine with that lol, i can replace my name easily.[/b]

Doesn&#39;t need to be in center

tuttzilla

Ahh good stuff

I guess i was focusing on the lines already coming off the render which made it seem like it needed to be centered

But uve taken the lines away and just made it glow so it works

make a new image file, 10 x 10 pixels

make 2 new layers, and delete the back ground

right click paint brush and select pencil

change foreground colour to white, background to black

fill bottom layer with black (just so u can see what ur doing with the white), then switch to top layer

with white pencil on one pixel size make lines (either horizontal, vertical or diagonal, also dots makes a cool effect) with one pixel line left between each line made

once youve made your pattern, hide the black background layer, make a square selection around it all

go edit>define pattern, save the new pattern and then u can use it in all images by just filling a selection with this pattern[/b]
    thx a lot, I&#39;ll try that :P

Doesn&#39;t need to be in center[/b]
    seriously, TuttZilla&#39;s one looks way better

also these focal lines makes that render completely fit in the center of the sig, which is a rare thing...

that&#39;s why I like it so much... it&#39;d look way worse if it were not placed in the center of sig

//edit:

ok I&#39;ve made these patterns, and now I&#39;m going:
    new layer -> marquee tool -> rmb -> fill -> pick the pattern -> ok -> nothing happens

it&#39;s working when I apply image on a new layer, but I&#39;d also like to use motion blur on it and it looks ugly :P

is there anyway to make it work w/o applying image?

tuttzilla

im not 100% sure what ur meaning but to apply the pattern i normally...

make a new layer

select all

go edit>fill>pattern>choose the pattern u made>apply

then setting layer filter to overlay or soft light usually makes it look best IMO

Banned Senior Member

i just have to say that i love the sig your using extremely cool imo :P

im not 100% sure what ur meaning but to apply the pattern i normally...

make a new layer

select all

go edit>fill>pattern>choose the pattern u made>apply

then setting layer filter to overlay or soft light usually makes it look best IMO[/b]
    yep.. I go: new new layer>select>edit>fill>pattern>choose the pattern>ok and nothing happens :/

I have to go: new layer>Image>apply image>select>edit>fill>pattern>choose the pattern>ok

but then my sig pretty like screws if I change the blending mode... <_<

any idea why is that like this? :/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast