Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How To Play Music In Vent.

This is a discussion on How To Play Music In Vent. within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the Archive category; A lot of people ask how I can play music in vent and get a good sound quality AND without ...
Page: 1

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

A lot of people ask how I can play music in vent and get a good sound quality AND without even having a mic. This guide shows how to do it all and adjust for sound quality.

Note, this guide won't work for everyone, you will see in a little bit why it won't.
    Open Master Volume, and go to Options, then select properties, and you should get a menu like this:

After that, select recording, and press ok, and you will get the recording control, which looks like this:

After getting that open, select stereo mix, now go to Ventrilo, and open Setup. Go to the Hardware Input Mixer section, and change Mixer from (None) to Realtek AC97 Audio, change Mux to Recording Control, and change Line to Stereo Mix. (NOTE, NOT ALL COMPS HAVE REALTEK AC97 FOR THEIR SET UP IN VENTRILO, THIS GUIDE ONLY WORKS FOR THOSE THAT DO.)

Adjust your outbound to NEGATIVE 9, so that it isn't too loud. After you've done all this, open master volume again, and lower your wave volume a little bit, and keep it open. Log into ventrilo, unplug your mic, and go back to set up. Uncheck "Use Push To Talk Hotkey (PTT Mode)" Make sure your in a channel on the vent server you're logged into that allows music playing, or that there's no one in it. After that, get some one to come into the channel, and test it, you will need to play with your wave volume a bit to make sure it's not too loud, or crappy sounding.

QUICK EDIT:
    You need to change the sensitivity really low, the lower it is, the more it will pick up, for example, the real quiet parts of the song will not be picked up, and it will stop playing, and people in vent won't hear that part. So lower it down and it will pick up on pretty much anything, WHICH IS WHY YOU SET IT TO STEREO MIX AND UNPLUG YOUR MIC.

That's how I play music in vent, I don't get any complaints (cept for the music I play :P) and if I get any complaints about quality, I can adjust it so that it sounds perfect in a matter of seconds. If you got any questions on this feel free to give me a pm, or leave a reply here.

Update!

For those of you without the realtek ac97 audio setting, you should have something similar to the one above. Set Mux to SB X-Fi Audio (CCAO), set your Mux to recording control, and your line to Wave.

omg TY so MUCH <3 para !! :lol: this is pwnage

b1rdy

omg that&#39;s alot to read ( i hate reading) but it&#39;s worth it

thank you, nice job =D

iiason

i always wanted to know ty

now do it for vista

now do it for vista[/b]
    Next time I go to my friends house (he has vista) I&#39;ll install vent there and try to find a way to do it, and I&#39;ll update this D:

Nice guide - just have to set up a 2.1.4 server for clan and then time for music.

Next time I go to my friends house (he has vista) I&#39;ll install vent there and try to find a way to do it, and I&#39;ll update this D:[/b]
    pm me when you solve it plz

computers aren&#39;t my forte

thanks, have been looking for this ^^

Thanks Parasitic! Im going to go spam " prison bitch" in insanity vent

Maxpow3r

ill just use my mic

pm me when you solve it plz

computers aren&#39;t my forte[/b]
    Still haven&#39;t had an opportunity to try it on vista. I&#39;ll see what I can do this weekend D:

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Bored again? :lol:

Bored again? :lol:[/b]
    way too bored.

j3ster555

nice info there was actually trying to search for something like this ^___^

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    12-31-2022, 06:06 PM