Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Noob DCZ Archer guide

This is a discussion on My Noob DCZ Archer guide within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the Archive category; ok. i used to be a assassin, lvl 65 on Ares (which is a leet server due to its age). ...
Page: 1

ok.

i used to be a assassin, lvl 65 on Ares (which is a leet server due to its age). a lvl 65 on ares is nothing. my equip is decent. +8 chitins, dual shard 8s, +9 jewels, and at one point i had a IB and dual RoLs...

but in all due honesty, if you dont have the skills, you aint gonna get the kills.

i got my ass owned left and right and eventually had to buy some NP and leach in parties...
    on the verge of tears, KO saved my ass because they introduced DCZ.

dcz, i leveled up my sin to 59, i went in to DCZ thinking i would be bad ass and kill everything...i was wrong.
    though i got more kills than i wouldve in CZ and i didnt die as much, i didnt have the combo skills, the elite uniques, and the good parties to get my ass from getting owned left and right...

on the verge of breaking down again, i decided to turn into an archer.

with my trusty iron bow +8 and Enion bow +8 in hand, i would now like to say that i KS like a pro.

heres my guide to noob pking for those of you that just want to have some fun without having too many skills.

archers are all about raw attack power.
    fuck defense, its all in the attack.

Weapon

if youre on an elite server like ares, you shouldnt really go to dcz unless you have AT LEAST a Iron Bow +6, Iron Crossbow +7 or Horn Crossbow +8.
    I would highly recommend getting a IB +7 though, if possible.

Armor
    equip yourself with at LEAST +7/12 dex armor, if you cant afford it, dont bother going to DCZ because youre probably going to be an NP donor. i would highly recommend getting +8 or higher armor because of the added dexterity

Accessories

try to get your hands on +9 accessories, if you cant afford it, try to get at least +7s all over and forget the quest gear...if you cant afford the +7s, then just settle for the quest stuff for now because the tradeoff for a +6 and quest isnt worth it.

now, lets begin:

as a dcz archer, you neednt concern yourself with defense, the only thing you want to make sure is that, when buffed, you have enough defense so that a sin/warrior doesnt sneak up on you and 1 hit kill your ass.

i have a plate 8/9 (no Dagger defense) archer with full stats on dex and my defense with buffs is roughly a little under 600. my hitpoints buffed is about 2200. my attack wolfed is almost 1600. meaning, the damage i deal is quite high (for a dcz archer) but my defense is a bit crap and im a sitting duck if ever i try to tank anyone.

one thing you have to keep in mind as an archer is that you are meant to attack from far, meaning, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT TANKING!. you will die. unless you have insane potting/minor heal skills and youre chitin or FP, youre dead. being that this guide is meant for noobs, then you shouldnt have any business tanking...leave that job up to the pros.

my skill bar:

1 - light feet
    2- shadow hunter
    3- arc shot
    4- counter strike
    5- wolf
    6- hp pot (or styx)
    7- mp pot
    8- minor heal

light feet, i like to keep at one for easy access because it is always needed in dcz.

shadow hunter, is the essential dcz skill, dont bother going unless you have it.

arc shot, when engaging an enemy already in combat, save the mp and use arc shot if it is a straight shot...itll hit for the same damage and save you 100 mp.

counter strike, the archers nearly guarenteed critical shot. ive hit some chitin warriors for 1000 hp with this shot and it is money in the bank. always try to open an attack with counter strike and it also increases your chances of getting the final hit and KSing the NP =D

*note that i left off Arrow shower because of the need in tanking an opponent to use it effectively. remember, if you tank as a noob archer, you will die.

how to select a target:

most other archery guides will give you a order of class to target to attack, i ignore this.

i constantly run around while pressing Z to target on an enemy. if the enemy has full health, i dont bother attacking becuase unless they are full paper and are total noobs, you will not be able to kill them using shadow hunter/counterstrike because they will likely pot at the first sign of danger and run.

also try to take note of names of players. some players have elite gear and will not be hurt a great deal by your attacks and others travel with full party healers. dont bother attacking the full partied healer guys until the healer is dead, because youre just wasting your time.

i target enemies with at least half health or around. the reason is, is that this means they are engaged in combat and a few hits will lead to their death and NP for you.

regardless of whether or not they are warrior or what not. i start with counter strike, if its available and them spam away at shadow hunter.

thats about it in how i go about selecting targets.

navigating through DCZ:

always travel with a group of people and try to stay within that group so that if an enemy were to Z target, they would target someone else and not you.
    if you MUST travel alone, try to run through fields of mobs so that a Z target on you will be very difficult, this will in a sense "stealth" you. ive done this a number of times and have had orcs run by me while i hid in a field of dark mares and one time, i actually had a DM kill an orc because the noob Z targeted the DM and it, of course, 1 hit him and killed his ass.

in the event that you are hit for a good amount of damage...

run.

yes, some people will call you a pussy for running but you will save yourself 25 NP and you will live to fight another day, rather than being someones bitch boy.
    usually if a sin/warrior/BP hits you and no one is around to save you, chances are by the time you pot, light feet, and try to re-orientate yourself with whats going on, you will die because there may be more than one of them around.

also, if you see a large group of enemies running your way, run/town. dont stand around thinking that youre legolas or some shit because your dumb ass will get run over and you will die.

using these methods, i was able to accumulate 3,500 NP in DCZ (over a few hours) the other day and have died only 3 times since switching over to archer from assassin.

some pros might see my post and flame me but do keep in mind that i am a noob, most of my NP were earned solo'ing using scrolls. this post was made to help out other noobs that just want to have fun.

hope this helps.

out to lunch now

this is basic knowledge and about weapon, you shouldnt pk if you dont have the gear

also I don't agree with starting off with counter strike unless it looks like an unbuffed noob or something or you think you'll actually be able to kill them with that one shot...because if they are already half dead or w/e your counterstirke may just get them close enough for that sin or warrior to get the last hit before your next arrow gets there. IMO counter strike is better used when the enemy has low hp, because if it succeeds..then bang 95% of the time it's the last hit. Also full ap archer (plate armor and no dd helm like you) is only useful in base camping operations....you're a 2-3 hit for any decent sin...and 2 sins running together = 2 spikes and -25 nps. My archer currently has 1488 ap fully scrolled, and 996 ac I think (lost some when I gave up the rols), and about 3k hp or something. There's not many ppl that stay around to fight me 1v1, and the warriors just slide. But then again it's personal preference and how you like to play your char

also I don't agree with starting off with counter strike unless it looks like an unbuffed noob or something or you think you'll actually be able to kill them with that one shot...because if they are already half dead or w/e your counterstirke may just get them close enough for that sin or warrior to get the last hit before your next arrow gets there. IMO counter strike is better used when the enemy has low hp, because if it succeeds..then bang 95% of the time it's the last hit. Also full ap archer (plate armor and no dd helm like you) is only useful in base camping operations....you're a 2-3 hit for any decent sin...and 2 sins running together = 2 spikes and -25 nps. My archer currently has 1488 ap fully scrolled, and 996 ac I think (lost some when I gave up the rols), and about 3k hp or something. There's not many ppl that stay around to fight me 1v1, and the warriors just slide. But then again it's personal preference and how you like to play your char [/b]

holy crap

how do you haev 996 ac?!

haha

insane....do you have +10 chitins?!

im assuming youre DCZ.

i like starting with Counter strike when i see have because if they are in midst of being attacked...my guess is that by the time the arrow hits, the guys attacking would have landed another hit or two and CS will knock them out =D

its worked for me, so far. =D

happy KS'in'

=D

holy crap

how do you haev 996 ac?!

haha

insane....do you have +10 chitins?!

im assuming youre DCZ.

i like starting with Counter strike when i see have because if they are in midst of being attacked...my guess is that by the time the arrow hits, the guys attacking would have landed another hit or two and CS will knock them out =D

its worked for me, so far. =D

happy KS'in'

=D[/b]
    man are u turk? 996 is pretty good but lol at +10chitins

man are u turk? 996 is pretty good but lol at +10chitins[/b]
    ^^

forgot...i thought he meant unbuffed it was 996...

i had a +6/10 chitin assassin with dual RoL and iron belt with ~640? defense....unbuffed...so with buffs 996 makes sense now

^^

im not used to seeing that much dex on an archer since i have like 600 with buffs =X

this is basic knowledge and about weapon, you shouldnt pk if you dont have the gear[/b]

youd be surprised at the number of people i come across that cant get a kill in dcz and just donate/leach

was me in cz though

=t

DM:X

there are much better archers in dcz with +9 ib's/cb's with over 2k ap.i have seen one with 2.2k ap

my preview stats

A couple of things. #1 Arc shot is the one that does 250% or 300% but not 100% acurate? #2 I agree with BFD about counter strike not being ur 1st attack. #3 Since this is a ksing guide this attack should be used when u see some1 about 2 die, but remember that when u attack the arrow flying in the air takes about a second or two to actually hit ur target so u need to time it correctly. #4 Also styx is a must. Whenever u see a full healer priest just styx the shit out of that bitch becuase it acts like that priest just used a 1920 pot and u can get a few hits in on an opponent. Once 3 seconds are up just styx the priest again so basically all it can do it r attack which i doubt a full healer priest will do :P

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

on my lvl 59 dcz archer i have...... about 900 ac , 2.7k hp and 1.6+k ap... that is using +8/ +9 fp&#39;s..with some ok uniques..... this guide really is for noob archers coz i can tank alot with that build and kill pretty well every person in dcz on xeignon... only been there a month and havnt lost a vs because arrow shower is too strong >.<

also i use counter strike when i see a noob only or see someone on low hp... other wise i use the 100% accuracy skill and only use arrow shower in a vs unless they arnt tanking you ofc :P thats the bad thing with archer... if they are smart and dont tank you cant kill them :P

sorry but this is the noobiest guide i&#39;ve ever read. Hiz made a better guide than this :huh:

Banned

It&#39;s people like you that make me hate playing in dcz. You stack up on ap, then run around looking for GOOD people that are actually working for their kills, and you ks them. I guess you fit right in with all the other 10 year old turks that populate istan..i mean ardream. Also...lol at 600 ac buffed, my paper bp has 709 ac at lvl 57 without enchants. o.O

Scorpion

Bera dcz speaking. Entire dcz episode is huge gangbang ks fest where everyone try to fight as little as they can to get most kills. NPs does not interest anyone there, they only like to see "XXXX has defeated YYYY" If you want decent fights or np go cz .
    So talks about working for nps in dcz hmm it is basicly get best gear you can and get good clan/party or run around and attack whoever is near you.
    I&#39;m sick of talks how archers ks. Everyone in dcz is attacking whoever they can ! While sins are tanking some warrior they don&#39;t notice archer doing the same with arc/shadow and taking away guys mana with styx. C&#39;mon age of koxp is over for now.. legit archers can&#39;t slide and run around attack and bcos of this they have huge target mark on their backs :P

<3 archers

Was tank (chittin build) now paper (plate) and think to try fp but I think tanking in chittins is far coolest thing about archers.Everyone trying to get near you just to be sorry later they ever saw your name .

P.S

Get ib+8, sacrifise everything for a better weapon.

Bera dcz speaking. Entire dcz episode is huge gangbang ks fest where everyone try to fight as little as they can to get most kills. NPs does not interest anyone there, they only like to see "XXXX has defeated YYYY"[/b]
    yesterday i was in ardream trying to lvl my dcz warrior and i saw a human rogue trying to vs an orc warrior, i watch them so when they done their vs and i&#39;d vs that warrior if he still a live, the rogue couldnt kill that warrior and when he started to run... the warrior saw a huge human groups and towned, after thatthe rogue pmed me with turkish words i think he was pissed off coz i didnt ks him lol

sacred

basic stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast