Weapon defense

This is a discussion on Weapon defense within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the Archive category; if a raptor is hitting me for 500 than I put my chitin shield with 50 spear defense. how much ...
Page: 1

bd-hoz

if a raptor is hitting me for 500 than I put my chitin shield with 50 spear defense.

how much the raptor will hit me? if some1 knows how it's calculated please tell me.

P.S. and can someone tell me what's the AP formula? it was something like 0,2 *your lvl+total STR
    anyway I dont rember so if some1 does...

he'lll hit you 250 or so, maybe 300

Wep def's work on %, so 50 spear = 50% less dmg. Altho, defesne passing skills can add dmg to the normal reduced dmg,

IllusionS

The additional damage on howling sword is not affected by weapon defenses, only absoluteness/matchless I believe. so that 50% only reduces the 300% damage or whatever howling sword does.

Zxenke

Dont forget to add in def gained by wearing the shield too.

Ripper_of_romania

Let's ask ourselves a different question

What if the defense ability spear 50 reduces 50 of the weapon attack power and not overall damage?

I am asking myself this because basically people with more than 100 weapon defense should be imune to that weapon,yet they are not,and they do not recieve the bonus damage,more or less...

Let's ask ourselves a different question

What if the defense ability spear 50 reduces 50 of the weapon attack power and not overall damage?

I am asking myself this because basically people with more than 100 weapon defense should be imune to that weapon,yet they are not,and they do not recieve the bonus damage,more or less...[/b]
    you don't add up the weapon defenses..

i.e. you have a cs and 20 spear def boots

50% of the dmg is reduced via cs

then 20% of THAT damage is reduced via spear def boots

you don't add all the percentages together and reduce from there --;

Banned Senior Member

280 weapon def so the opponent gets 180% damage?
    people are funny
    as someone smart above me said it doesnt add up lets say you have IN CS IB and 70 skill
    that means ull suffer only 34.425% of the real damage

Zxenke

Which is why having a IN/IB for the weapon defense while wearing some other pieces of weapon defense makes no difference, lol.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Which is why having a IN/IB for the weapon defense while wearing some other pieces of weapon defense makes no difference, lol.[/b]
    it still makes a difference... but less of one... still worthwhile in many instances =)