Breaking Bad Season 2 Announced!

This is a discussion on Breaking Bad Season 2 Announced! within the TV Series forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Anybody else seen this show? It's defenetly the best TV show I have ever seen and I cant wait for ...
Page: 1

JMann

Anybody else seen this show? It's defenetly the best TV show I have ever seen and I cant wait for the 2nd season!

PLOT
    Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn), and a teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer, and given a prognosis of two years to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter the dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in his new world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society, and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

SEASON 2
    AMC announced on May 16, 2008 that Breaking Bad will be renewed for a second season.
    "From critical praise to strong ratings and devoted audience, Breaking Bad further reinforced AMC as a top producer of high-quality, distinctive television", said Charlie Collier, Executive Vice President and General Manager of AMC. "Breaking Bad is a powerful, intelligent thought-provoking series that clearly resonates with viewers and critics alike. We're excited for a second season of Breaking Bad with a new provocative storylines that will delve deeper into the next chapter of the life of Walter White". The second season, unlike the first which ran a brief seven episodes due to the writer's strike, will consist of thirteen episodes.

CHARACTERS
    Walter White (played by Bryan Cranston) is a 50-year old high school chemistry teacher who has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. The diagnosis causes a change in Walter's mild-mannered nature. He decides that in order to provide for his family after his death, he will use his extensive knowledge of chemistry to manufacture and distribute meth. He has a wife named Skyler and a son named Walter, Jr.

Skyler White (played by Anna Gunn) is a stay-at-home mom who sells items on eBay. She and Walter have one son (Walter Jr). She is pregnant with the couple's daughter, Holly. She cares for Walter very much, almost to the point that she is making all the decisions in his life for him.

Jesse Pinkman (played by Aaron Paul) is Walter White's partner in his meth business under the nickname "Captain Cook." Walter taught his high school chemistry class, which he failed. He comes from an upper class family but was kicked out of his home presumably because of his drug use. Jesse lives in his late aunt's house that he inherited. He has a much younger overachieving brother named Jake whom he gets along with, despite their age difference and Jesse's reputation in the family.

Walter White, Jr. (played by RJ Mitte) is Walter and Skyler's teen-aged son. He was born with cerebral palsy, which causes him some speech difficulties. Crutches help him walk. He looks up to his uncle, Hank, a bit more than his father.

Hank Schrader (played by Dean Norris) is a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agent. He is also Walter's boisterous brother-in-law, and Marie Schrader's husband. He is very good at his job and is currently investigating a possible new meth "kingpin" in the area, unaware that it is Walter. Although loutish and lewd, he seems to genuinely care about Walter and Walter Jr.

Marie Schrader (played by Betsy Brandt) is Skyler's sister, Hank's wife, and Walter's sister-in-law. She doesn't hesitate to offer advice to others, but she often fails to practice what she preaches. She shoplifts and may be a kleptomaniac.

Gretchen Schwartz (played by Jessica Hecht) is Walter's old college chemistry assistant and now co-owner of Gray Matter, a successful drug company. Apparently a former romantic interest of Walt's, she is currently married to Elliott Schwartz.

Elliott Schwartz (played by Adam Godley) is Walter's old college science partner and co-owner of Gray Matter, a successful drug company co-founded by Walter. He is married to Gretchen Schwartz.

Tuco (played by Raymond Cruz) is a sociopathic drug kingpin who becomes Walter and Jesse's meth distributor towards the end of season one. He is unpredictable and prone to violent outbursts, but surprisingly respects Walter because of his superior product, business style and guts.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

omfg finally, I've been waiting for this D:

mahmoodxD

i saw season one and i was so amazed

its the best drama i ever seen, i like it more then 24. The story is deep, and it never gets boring or repetitive.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

I just remembered this, and Walter is so hard to take seriously considering the character he plays in Malcom in the Middle xD