Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

does anybody else think madtv sucks ass?

This is a discussion on does anybody else think madtv sucks ass? within the TV Series forums, part of the General Entertainment category; the whole point of the condescending thing is too avoid pointless bickering. Irrelevant/unneccesary insults never really take debate anywhere. I ...
Page: 2

mahmoodxD

the whole point of the condescending thing is too avoid pointless bickering. Irrelevant/unneccesary insults never really take debate anywhere.

I provided reasons besides the fact i dont find its funny. I dont think it is original and i find when it satires events, products, people or companies it often just ignores certain facts. This is obviously not for every skit but in alot of them it just ignores facts, rather then twisting them, or taking them out of context like many good satires do. (their are many other good methods too).

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

the whole point of the condescending thing is too avoid pointless bickering. Irrelevant/unneccesary insults never really take debate anywhere.
    I provided reasons besides the fact i dont find its funny. I dont think it is original and i find when it satires events, products, people or companies it often just ignores certain facts. This is obviously not for every skit but in alot of them it just ignores facts, rather then twisting them, or taking them out of context like many good satires do. (their are many other good methods too).[/b]
    ok i don't realy understand you but now comedies are suppose to NOT ignore facts? maybe you should stick to CNN instead...

mahmoodxD

CNN is worse :P

satire i enjoy and what i believe to be good satire (not a universal standard) takes all major and relevant facts into consideration and you know exaggerates some of it or twists it around, it does pretty much anything that will take certain things out of context. Or it makes fun of something that is simply stupid. However it doesent ignore relevant facts, it sort of uses them to the satires favour. It makes it funnier and harder to disagree with.

madtv may not be as bad as im saying it is as it does contain some good satire, and alot of its non satirical skits are funny

but i just find alot of it too be unfunny and often completely incorrect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12