Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angels And Demons

This is a discussion on Angels And Demons within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Loved the book, love the trailer. And I can't freaking wait to see how they'll pull that one off. The ...
Page: 1

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Loved the book, love the trailer. And I can't freaking wait to see how they'll pull that one off. The Da Vinci Code was well made already, however Angels And Demons owns it in every aspect. Only downside to it, the Actress isn't as quite as hot as described in the book.

http://www.angelsanddemons.com/

wawh

ya the book is one of the 4 books i finished reading in my life...
    seriously pwns... though pitty they changed the name in dutch it was called 'bernini mysterie' was a bit cooler

and shit yea the woman is damn ugly... shes from isreal =.=" bah

anyway i hope they don't do silly action scenes like in da vinci (mini cooper through paris etc)
    but the movie will be worth every penny

mdeac48

Terrible book by a mediocre author, just like da vinci code. And condsidering how terrible a movie that one was, this one is just going to suck like no ones business.

Terrible book by a mediocre author, just like da vinci code. And condsidering how terrible a movie that one was, this one is just going to suck like no ones business.[/b]
    The book was absolutely brilliant (Angels and Demons that is, his other works are decent, not as catchy though). I hardly, ever, read anything fiction related. However, Dan Brown seems to get me, he also puts a load of effort into his research.

looks like a great movie

tbh i cant wait to see it even tho i aint christian

mdeac48

His books are all the exact same book. Its 1 writing style done 4 times. Let me lay out a Dan Brown book for you:

Start out with the most public event of the overall crime. Enter the hero. Meet the eventual bad guy and the supporting character of opposite sex to the hero. 5 or 6 clues/events later you meet up with the henchmen of the crime. The actual villian is exposed, seems to have a good end game and reason for his crime. Throw in the unlikely survival/escape of the main character, a long winded explanation about motives. Dress it up with hastily, out-of-context, and misinterpreted facts and you have a Dan Brown book.

Maybe if he bothered to actually grow in his writing style instead of just copying and pasting all his other books into a new cover he might be good. But he doesn't.

And the movie was poorly acted, directed, and filmed. A failure overall.

His books are all the exact same book. Its 1 writing style done 4 times. Let me lay out a Dan Brown book for you:

Start out with the most public event of the overall crime. Enter the hero. Meet the eventual bad guy and the supporting character of opposite sex to the hero. 5 or 6 clues/events later you meet up with the henchmen of the crime. The actual villian is exposed, seems to have a good end game and reason for his crime. Throw in the unlikely survival/escape of the main character, a long winded explanation about motives. Dress it up with hastily, out-of-context, and misinterpreted facts and you have a Dan Brown book.

Maybe if he bothered to actually grow in his writing style instead of just copying and pasting all his other books into a new cover he might be good. But he doesn't.

And the movie was poorly acted, directed, and filmed. A failure overall.[/b]
    Which is why I am referring to Angels and Demons as his best work. It was written way before Da Vinci Code, and is Longdon's "original first adventure". Da Vinci Code was decent, the acting and plot was enjoyable - wouldn't rate it as a masterpiece, but nonetheless it was done well and carried it's audience away.

looks like a great movie

tbh i cant wait to see it even tho i aint christian[/b]
    The book, nor the movie has no relation to you being or not being christian what-so-ever, its plain fiction and more scientific than religious. I'm Atheist myself and have a grudge against anything related to religion, however the book was just amazing.

Which is why I am referring to Angels and Demons as his best work. It was written way before Da Vinci Code, and is Longdon's "original first adventure". Da Vinci Code was decent, the acting and plot was enjoyable - wouldn't rate it as a masterpiece, but nonetheless it was done well and carried it's audience away.
    The book, nor the movie has no relation to you being or not being christian what-so-ever, its plain fiction and more scientific than religious. I'm Atheist myself and have a grudge against anything related to religion, however the book was just amazing.[/b]
    i will watch the movie i love movies
    never reded the book but the pope thing and stuff in the trailer are normaly not just my thing

wawh

i will watch the movie i love movies
    never reded the book but the pope thing and stuff in the trailer are normaly not just my thing[/b]
    rofl... the pope thing is just a side thing, its just because then there are hundred thousands of people in the vatican and millions of people are watching... then illuminati will terrorise the vatican, it seriously hasn't got that much to do with christianity + you get to see torture on priests

[spoiler]Would love to see how they'll do the CERN building, and and and that super-fast-lightspeed-whatever-the-hell-it-was super plane! And and and the helicopter scene! Omgosh![/spoiler]

Max love... Gonna be pop lock and drop it!

wawh

[spoiler]Would love to see how they'll do the CERN building, and and and that super-fast-lightspeed-whatever-the-hell-it-was super plane! And and and the helicopter scene! Omgosh![/spoiler][/b]
    [spoiler]the building actuelly exists , can't find any other pictures than the long tunnel with those particles traveling at high speed turbine in tho
    about the plane, yea rofl... it'll probably look like a concorde just 3 times faster

you think tom hanks can do such acts? o_0 i really don't see him do that, i hope they don't make some boring scene out of that

btw: a jedi plays the camerlengo [/spoiler]

[spoiler]the building actuelly exists , can't find any other pictures than the long tunnel with those particles traveling at high speed turbine in tho
    about the plane, yea rofl... it'll probably look like a concorde just 3 times faster

you think tom hanks can do such acts? o_0 i really don't see him do that, i hope they don't make some boring scene out of that

btw: a jedi plays the camerlengo [/spoiler][/b]

[spoiler]The scene where he gets stuck into the Vatican's library(?) is going to be interesting :P, Wonder if they got access to the real one or just reconstructed it. Also the one scene, right infront of the Vatican's, where he stabs the man in the lounges or the church going up in flames with the pope in it! I really can't wait In fact, I've just started reading it all over again. lol[/spoiler]

wawh

[spoiler]The scene where he gets stuck into the Vatican's library(?) is going to be interesting :P, Wonder if they got access to the real one or just reconstructed it. Also the one scene, right infront of the Vatican's, where he stabs the man in the lounges or the church going up in flames with the pope in it! I really can't wait In fact, I've just started reading it all over again. lol[/spoiler][/b]
    [spoiler]i doubt it'll be the real library, does a place like that even exist as its described in the book?
    i can&#39;t really remembers that scene <_<

saw a behind a scenes thing, and they said they had trouble making the scenes at the real spot so i dont know , i can&#39;t wait to see all the methods that guy used to punish those priests and that water fight .. it looked so tence in the book[/spoiler]

[spoiler]i doubt it&#39;ll be the real library, does a place like that even exist as its described in the book?
    i can&#39;t really remembers that scene <_<

saw a behind a scenes thing, and they said they had trouble making the scenes at the real spot so i dont know , i can&#39;t wait to see all the methods that guy used to punish those priests and that water fight .. it looked so tence in the book[/spoiler][/b]

[spoiler]Just found something interesting :P

# The Vatican denied the makers permission to film inside the Holy See.

# The production had to build a scale replica of St. Peter&#39;s Square since Vatican officers banned the movie from being filmed in its grounds.[/spoiler]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast