Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Angels And Demons

This is a discussion on Angels And Demons within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Private, any movie coming out from a best selling book will make that money. That, however, doesn't make it great. ...
Page: 3

Private, any movie coming out from a best selling book will make that money. That, however, doesn't make it great.
    The movie sucked, big time, period.
    Hope this one is better ^_^

Books always have and always will own the movies, as the poster above stated. Nonetheless some movies are still great, not better than the books but really good, as Lord of the Rings, for example.

well i for one hate reading books that aren't going to teach me in some sort of way so yeah im just saying 700 million is alot for sucking it up

i myself watched the movie and thought it was a good movie , having not read the books its an easy assumption .

problem is movies do not require imagination as much as a book does , and so if u read a book then watch the movie ur obviously going into expecting the impossible

lord of the rings .... i read those books and im sorry dude movies > books for lotr they were perfect !@!@!

Black Walling Senior Member ReKon's Avatar

Seen the movie last night... pretty damm good.. didnt see that ending coming tho!! some crazy shit also..

Seen the movie last night... pretty damm good.. didnt see that ending coming tho!! some crazy shit also..[/b]
    +1 Just saw it. That took me for a crazy spin.

going tonite.

If your IQ isn't over 140 and you know nothing about ancient religions, don't see this movie. After the first 15 minutes the movie theater lighted up like the night sky from everyone texting and already bored with the movie. It was just annoying to me because it was so historically incorrect. I figured out the whole movie at the very beginning as soon as i seen all the characters. I cant believe Tom Hanks would do something like this to me, I feel so betrayed. Not to mention im pretty sure this is going to piss off some bible thumpin' Catholics.

good movie, interesting just like da vinci code
    would be better if u had more backround on the subject but if u pay attention u can follow along

If your IQ isn't over 140 and you know nothing about ancient religions, don't see this movie. After the first 15 minutes the movie theater lighted up like the night sky from everyone texting and already bored with the movie. It was just annoying to me because it was so historically incorrect. I figured out the whole movie at the very beginning as soon as i seen all the characters. I cant believe Tom Hanks would do something like this to me, I feel so betrayed. Not to mention im pretty sure this is going to piss off some bible thumpin' Catholics.[/b]
    Uh, I saw it. My IQ isn't quite 140 and I know absolutely nothing about religion, whatsoever. Thankfully, my Atheism absolves me from learning about stories of water to wine. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Of course the movie is historically incorrect... Dan Brown even mentions that in the front cover of the book, "references to all works of art, tombs, tunnels and architecture in Rome are entirely factual (as are their exact locations). They can still be seen today. The brotherhood of the Illuminati is also factual." No where in that does it say the history portrayed is factual. Figuring out the the essential plot wouldn't be hard either, especially if you've ever flipped through one of those TV shows discussing the Illuminati and their 'qualms' with the Catholic church. Speaking of the church, I highly doubt there will be much of an uproar on a wide-scale. Nothing like with the Da Vinci Code anyway. Hell, even the Vatican claimed that it was "Two hours of harmless entertainment, which hardly affects the genius and mystery of Christianity." I'd like to think that if the Vatican itself can enjoy the movie, so can the majority of Catholics around the world.

(Just so I don't get flamed for making up the quote, link here

Decent movie, I enjoyed it but not the best this year by far...mildly entertaining.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Haven&#39;t seen the movie yet, but rather the making off and the special Angels And Demons "documentary" they&#39;ve been airing on TV, can already tell that the movie is VERY VERY VERY different from the book, weather if the changes made are good or bad I can&#39;t tell yet :< Probably going to see it this Weekend, it just started airing in Germany -.-

Uh, I saw it. My IQ isn&#39;t quite 140 and I know absolutely nothing about religion, whatsoever. Thankfully, my Atheism absolves me from learning about stories of water to wine. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Of course the movie is historically incorrect... Dan Brown even mentions that in the front cover of the book, "references to all works of art, tombs, tunnels and architecture in Rome are entirely factual (as are their exact locations). They can still be seen today. The brotherhood of the Illuminati is also factual." No where in that does it say the history portrayed is factual. Figuring out the the essential plot wouldn&#39;t be hard either, especially if you&#39;ve ever flipped through one of those TV shows discussing the Illuminati and their &#39;qualms&#39; with the Catholic church. Speaking of the church, I highly doubt there will be much of an uproar on a wide-scale. Nothing like with the Da Vinci Code anyway. Hell, even the Vatican claimed that it was "Two hours of harmless entertainment, which hardly affects the genius and mystery of Christianity." I&#39;d like to think that if the Vatican itself can enjoy the movie, so can the majority of Catholics around the world.

(Just so I don&#39;t get flamed for making up the quote, link here[/b]

I&#39;m also Atheist but I enjoy learning about religion because that is a main factor of how a lot of cultures were shaped and formed around. History is defianlty one of my fave subjects . First thing that ticked me off during the move was he Illuminati were no where near around the 1600&#39;s and not as big as this movie is implying. Also the fact that someone could even break into a top secuirity research facility that makes anti-matter could be so easily penetrable. I also didnt like it because the cardinals were just regular people to me since im not Catholic so I didnt freak out when like some guys that were like 120 years old were gonna die. The man with the glasses that the priest hired was the main antagonist till he just got blew up in the middle of the movie. The movie just didnt excite me at all like the Da Vinci Code, to many unimportant details and an easy plot to guess. I was with one of my "jock" friends from school so explaning every little thing to him annoyed the hell out of me to. I was hopeing it was going to be some epic battle between heaven and hell something like Constatine (<-- My fave movie) But it was just Tom Hanks taking a tour through Rome.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

If your IQ isn&#39;t over 140 and you know nothing about ancient religions, don&#39;t see this movie. After the first 15 minutes the movie theater lighted up like the night sky from everyone texting and already bored with the movie. It was just annoying to me because it was so historically incorrect. I figured out the whole movie at the very beginning as soon as i seen all the characters. I cant believe Tom Hanks would do something like this to me, I feel so betrayed. Not to mention im pretty sure this is going to piss off some bible thumpin&#39; Catholics.[/b]

+1 it was pretty predictable.

but wat im wondering now was.

[spoiler]did the carmenlago or watever know that after his grand saving that they would want to make hima pope or saint? or did he actually living through the whole ordeal a surpirse to him?
    in other words did he do this to become pope? of did he do it just to keep science and religion seperated?[/spoiler]

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

+1 it was pretty predictable.

but wat im wondering now was.

[spoiler]did the carmenlago or watever know that after his grand saving that they would want to make hima pope or saint? or did he actually living through the whole ordeal a surpirse to him?
    in other words did he do this to become pope? of did he do it just to keep science and religion seperated?[/spoiler][/b]
    [spoiler]He did it because it was what he believed in, he had no intention of ever being the pope the only thing he wanted to do is give the people hope, realize how "bad" science actually is.
    Also was he extremely shocked finding out that the former pope had a child, what he didn&#39;t know to that time though, was that he himself would be the son. The pope pretty much shattered everything he believed in, seeing how he, the one he looked up to, was the one to sin. And how science, was the one thing that had done a big favour for the Pope, (the camerlegno wasn&#39;t "made" in the natural way) basically, science gave him a son without ever having to sin or break god&#39;s rules. Besides, he was "elected" pope later on anyway, unknowingly though and to surprise of just about everyone as he was elected by an almost forgotten rule, when he came back from the "dead" after saving vatican city, all the cardinals were praising his name - as they thought god himself was speaking to and through the camerlengo.[/spoiler]

Though, that is based on the book - still haven&#39;t seen the movie.

Note, do not read the spoiler parts if you haven&#39;t read the book - I&#39;ve heard the ending of the movie was really different from the actual ending and this might be giving away some really really mean spoilers.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

[spoiler]He did it because it was what he believed in, he had no intention of ever being the pope the only thing he wanted to do is give the people hope, realize how "bad" science actually is.
    Also was he extremely shocked finding out that the former pope had a child, what he didn&#39;t know to that time though, was that he himself would be the son. The pope pretty much shattered everything he believed in, seeing how he, the one he looked up to, was the one to sin. And how science, was the one thing that had done a big favour for the Pope, (the camerlegno wasn&#39;t "made" in the natural way) basically, science gave him a son without ever having to sin or break god&#39;s rules. Besides, he was "elected" pope later on anyway, unknowingly though and to surprise of just about everyone as he was elected by an almost forgotten rule, when he came back from the "dead" after saving vatican city, all the cardinals were praising his name - as they thought god himself was speaking to and through the camerlengo.[/spoiler]
    Though, that is based on the book - still haven&#39;t seen the movie.

Note, do not read the spoiler parts if you haven&#39;t read the book - I&#39;ve heard the ending of the movie was really different from the actual ending and this might be giving away some really really mean spoilers.[/b]
    ima go see movie again cuz it was good and litle kids kept crying inside the theater grrrr.

but ill be back and see watsuP!

It was an OK movie. But id still rather see star trek lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast