The Book of eli

This is a discussion on The Book of eli within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; The Book of Eli Feature Trailer - Trailer Addict looks similiar to i am legend, but i reckon this one ...
Page: 1

Hey cutie Senior Member

Default The Book of eli

The Book of Eli Feature Trailer - Trailer Addict

looks similiar to i am legend, but i reckon this one is going to be way better, seems like a better story line and alot more action. cant wait.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Just watched it on Friday, definitely one of my new top favorites.. The soundtrack, the environment, the acting, the story line and main idea -- SICKK<3

Went with 8 other people, 6 of them didn't like it, but the two who sat beside me loved it along with me, el oh el, haters on the otherside!

spoiler, dont highlight it unless you watched the movie already
    [im assuming hes blind (because they zoom into his eyes at the end and and they look weird and the book of eli is in brail) so how did he know where he was going and how to fight and where alcatraz was? i was also hoping the book had some supernatural powers or something and wasnt just a bible]

also i didnt like mila kunis or w/e her name was

Quote Originally Posted by giga View Post
    spoiler, dont highlight it unless you watched the movie already
    [im assuming hes blind (because they zoom into his eyes at the end and and they look weird and the book of eli is in brail) so how did he know where he was going and how to fight and where alcatraz was? i was also hoping the book had some supernatural powers or something and wasnt just a bible]

also i didnt like mila kunis or w/e her name was
    Highlight if you watched the movie, otherwise I'm ruining it for you guys.
    Apparently, he was blind the entire movie. I thought he just became blind as soon as he began reciting the entire book to the writer at the end of the film due to how much he knew by heart. My friends told me that he was blind the entire movie and that they didn't show that to you until the end, but I disagreed because; if you remember, when Mila Kunis walked into Eli's room where he stayed for the night, he crouched his back to the wall and held the book like he was almost hugging it, reading it with his eyes, not his fingers, as if he weren't blind. I'm still not sure what to believe, but whatever it was, the whole idea of the movie was fucking sick, I loved it.

Yeah, I didn't like Mila Kunis' acting in this movie neither, especially at the end when she becomes the next wanderer under Eli's footsteps. That was also kinda dumb to put in the movie because, after Eli recited the whole book to that writer, they show you how they began to print remakes of the book.

It was a pretty decent show.

It's kind of funny because Legion also looks quite fun to watch, And it's also slightly [don't highlight if you haven't watched Book of Eli] Religious

Nooo, you can't compare Legion to this movie, totally different and honestly Legion looks horrendous.. Not looking forward to watching it at all, too much bullshit in the trailer itself :P

Cool

Watched it last night and i liked it! Altho i didnt think Denzel was perfect for this roll, but he did a good job anyway.

You can tell if you pay attention to the movie that he is blind. There are several things he does. Like when he walks into a house he touches things with his feet to get a feel of where things are. When he was in that bar fight he slammed his backpack down to get a feel of how big the room was. When he was fighting those first highjackers he stepped into the darkness to take away anyadvantage they might have had. And when he got to the old couples house he said he didnt see the sign, when he clearly passed right by it, and he kicked the bottom step before he stepped onto it. So with all of this in mind he is clearly blind.

<3 Mila Kunis xD

EDIT: the movie was all about "blind" faith

Beast of KO Senior Member bludcore's Avatar

Yea, this movie was amazing, one of my top 5

Realsies

This movie look great, I have been waiting to see it. I might see it next weekend if I have the time.

Zuttlan

I'm probably gunna torrent that lol

At the end of the movie they should have shown Miley with a backpack filled with Bibles going to towns and giving them to people. Not just wondering around not doing anything important.