Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

District 9

This is a discussion on District 9 within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; nothing special, thought it would be better disappointing....
Page: 3

teehee

nothing special, thought it would be better disappointing.

The DON Senior Member Raekpacman's Avatar

I wanted to leave 15 minutes in. It was painful to watch. Don't bring a date she will never talk to you again.

sacrid

this movie was a blowout for me.... i thought it would have more action in it..... and the aliens have guns that can blow away cars... why are they scared of humans?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sacrid View Post
    this movie was a blowout for me.... i thought it would have more action in it..... and the aliens have guns that can blow away cars... why are they scared of humans?
    Just wait for the second movie.. i'm sure there will be a war between aliens and humans.

watched the movie again today..

Banned for scamming.

watched it , the beginning was a bit weird, but it gets good after a time

Just watched it few days ago and imo it's pretty good...hope there will be sec movie and war or smt when they gonna come rescue him

Quote Originally Posted by teehee View Post
    nothing special, thought it would be better disappointing.

I don't get these kinds of critiques.

If it wasn't "special" name one movie that it was like? It didn't have one known star and didn't rely on starpower at all. And was filmed outside of the normal movie towns and not in one of the big studios. The effects were realistic, not overly animated and not "futuristic."

I mean if your going to say it was "nothing special and disappointing" you can use a little brain power and imagination in your bland, under-thought, unoriginal overview, lol...

This movie really makes you think about the situation. The location being South Africa hit a chord with how the black community was treated in the US a few decades ago. Only this time it was a role reversal and they were doing the discriminating. It's plays on the human nature that exists in us all and gives you the experience of looking at it in a 3rd party view to see that it's flawed. There were a couple of good action scenes in it, but mostly it was for inner growth. The action at times was good the drama was the same. It was more than just an action flick. If that's all you took from it then.... yes, you were probably dissapointed. But remember, most good stories have a character you can relate to and connect with. The main character was done in this way. He's flawed and grows in the film (emotionally). This film was an awesome backstory to an action packed sci-fi thriller should they do a sequel.

Action 6 of 10
    Story developement 9 of 10

i really liked this movie and u should probably watch it

kslide

im renting this movie from netflix hope to get it soon :P

storm

more of a freaking documentary then a movie, was hoping for A LOT more action

Hob

i like this movie its so cool XD

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

An amazing movie honestly. It's true that the beginning might be a bit boring for like the first 15 minutes, but after that its just amazing. Good sci-fi movie.

Hob

i like when the guys get is transformation and when the extraterrest help him and said "in 3 years ill help u" XD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast