The Eye

This is a discussion on The Eye within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; I wasn't expecting to be good since Jessica Alba was in it ( and she sucks... I'm sorry but she ...
Page: 1

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

I wasn't expecting to be good since Jessica Alba was in it ( and she sucks... I'm sorry but she does) but this movie was actually all right; however, it could have been better with more suspense and horror. It's too hard to find good horror movies nowadays. Classics FTW!

Top_Gun

Thanks for the info. Im going to go see it soon. And i agree she has done some bad acting.

good movie, wasnt that scary but it was alright

you should see the chinese/japanese version of The Eye,
    much more horror

i didnt like it much just normal movie

ginyeng

yeh the chinese/jap version was much better, :S shame the eng version was exactly the same lol

iiason

if u want good horror movies, watch jap ones.

holiday next thursday.

watchin it first up.

lutekkkk

i'm going to see it too .. so i'm gonna write something too soon

btw ... watch jp version of Dark Water and do that at night

Hostibus

it was pretty good - not stunning or sth but worth watching it enjoyed.

Trawma

good movie not scary and i didnt saw the jap ver
    anyways sad ending

pabLo

Na. This shit was scary. I get scared easily. I went with my boys, it was right down scary!

ArminVanBuuren

i'm going to see it too .. so i'm gonna write something too soon
    btw ... watch jp version of Dark Water and do that at night [/b]
    Yeah, try to see Ringu home alone at midnight and wait for someone to call you then :P

J-Horror is the best, still trying to get Dark Waters, but in here it is not such a known movie so is kinda difficult.

PS: to anyone, just being hot doesn't make Jessica Alba a good actress ^_^

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

PS: to anyone, just being hot doesn't make Jessica Alba a good actress ^_^[/b]
    touche

i didnt really like the ending on this one, i also watched Shutter this past weekend, seemed like a remake of The Grudge

ArminVanBuuren

touche

i didnt really like the ending on this one, i also watched Shutter this past weekend, seemed like a remake of The Grudge[/b]
    Actually, The Grudge (with Sarah Michelle Gellar) is a remake of Ju-On: The Grudge, both the japanese and american movies made by the same director, Takashi Shimizu. The Eye (the 2002 japanese film) is the original one, directed by The Pang Brothers...then the 2008 film is the remake of it, but usually remakes are not good when made the "American way" (if not, just compare the original Ringu with The Ring).

About Shutter, the original film comes from Thailand in 2004, and has 2 remakes, which are Sivi (2007) and Shutter (american version, 2008). The ending in both is kinda similar, but in the american film they make it resemble as the accomplishment of a wish, instead of depicting it as an ethernal torture as in the thai film.