The Golden Compass

This is a discussion on The Golden Compass within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; i have read the books times ago, the movie is fine at the begining but at the end, it was ...
Page: 1

i have read the books times ago, the movie is fine at the begining but at the end, it was like if they add to finish it quick and put all the scenes like bang bang.

in my opinion, it doesnt worth a watch, the book is way better and addictive. It supposed to be a "kid" movie, im 18 and i went with some friends and we laughed at some parts of the movie like : wtf is that.
    worth like 6/10 for me

KooPa

trailor ddint seem so great either ^^

Banned Senior Member

Loved when the bear killed the king

i enjoyed it probably because i havent read the books but im gonna be giving them a read

Panzer bear!! ftw

freakyangel

i thought it was too short, should have lasted much longer >.< it ended gay, now e like HAVE to go to the next one

LadyTorr

I thought it ended suddenly too I was expecting them to go and do something else and then it just ends lol. I tried reading the books a couple times but I always ended up stopping after like 200 pages or so o.o

The girl actress was good tho imo, I thought she looked really boring in the trailers but in the movie she seemed to fit the part right..

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

The movie was good. The end sucked, I was expecting to see more, but it ended too soon. I liked the Daemons (sp?). I don&#39;t know why but I really enjoy movies that bring controversy. The whole church thing was just a piece of crap. People should broaden their minds.

BlazorCon

Is there any relevanacnce tothe controversies of the christianic faith and those opposed?

dragonz

i have read the books times ago, the movie is fine at the begining but at the end, it was like if they add to finish it quick and put all the scenes like bang bang.

in my opinion, it doesnt worth a watch, the book is way better and addictive. It supposed to be a "kid" movie, im 18 and i went with some friends and we laughed at some parts of the movie like : wtf is that.
    worth like 6/10 for me [/b]
    Yeah i agree, i read the Eragon books and i loved the detail and how when something u read make you get excited.

When i heard move comming out i was extatic. I seen it it was shit, it left out so much detail and the charicters looked diffrent than what u imagend, i think if u read books dont see movie.

Any way golden compas 4/10 for me

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

Is there any relevanacnce tothe controversies of the christianic faith and those opposed?[/b]
    When I watched the movie I was expecting there to be burning churchs and upside-down crosses and the such. Nothing. The only thing I think made the Church complain about the movie was the fact that the "Daemons", or however it&#39;s spelled, were their owner&#39;s souls. So the fact that the soul was outside the body could be the issue the Church was debating. I don&#39;t remember how it went exactly in the movie, but that was about as much as I could relate to anti-Church issues.

eduarvera23

that movie was just made to do a 2nd part, i mean nothing really interesting happens at the 1st (cuz i imagine there&#39;ll be a 2nd) and the war and all that (the interesting part) will probably be at the 2nd part, so personally i think it sucked :/