The Hangover 2?

This is a discussion on The Hangover 2? within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; The Hangover 2 (2011) Is this a good idea? I wish they started a brand new story with the same ...
Page: 1

Default The Hangover 2?

The Hangover 2 (2011)

Is this a good idea?

I wish they started a brand new story with the same cast but making sequel of this movie seemed to be like trying too hard.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Even though after seeing Hangover it seems the best left at 1 part... you really can't judge before it comes out and you've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Even though after seeing Hangover it seems the best left at 1 part... you really can't judge before it comes out and you've seen it.
    I think The Hangover one of the greatest comedies. I mean it doesn't let you recover from laughter, which is great. It will be really challenging to make a movie as funny as that one. If they can't make it as funny as the first one, people are going to complain and it will get bad reviews even if it is still really funny.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    I think The Hangover one of the greatest comedies. I mean it doesn't let you recover from laughter, which is great. It will be really challenging to make a movie as funny as that one. If they can't make it as funny as the first one, people are going to complain and it will get bad reviews even if it is still really funny.
    Even though it might sound very unlikely that they can make it funnier then the first one... who knows honestly, miracles happen is all I can say. And it's not about the reviews for the producers and cast, it's the fact that they know the whole public was in love with the first part that they will watch the second one as well and earn money off it too. So all in all, even though it might be worse, they will still gain tons of money off it,... but after that stamp their sequel production or maybe even future references towards the directors latest career.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Even though it might sound very unlikely that they can make it funnier then the first one... who knows honestly, miracles happen is all I can say. And it's not about the reviews for the producers and cast, it's the fact that they know the whole public was in love with the first part that they will watch the second one as well and earn money off it too. So all in all, even though it might be worse, they will still gain tons of money off it,... but after that stamp their sequel production or maybe even future references towards the directors latest career.
    You are right. They will sell this movie because first one was awesome and people will go expecting to see a real funny movie. My concern is that if they make it bad it could effect the reputation of the first one and not let the movie become a comedy classic.

Same thing happened when they made Evan almighty after Bruce almighty.

However if they still have Zach Galifianakis it's a great chance movie is going to be funny :P

The first movie was just badass..best ever, if 2nd is half as good as first then i gonna love it aswell.

I feel like they can't really expand on it.. they need a whole new storyline with the same cast, the only thing they left open in the first movie was when the guy dumped his GF and was gnna go back for his "vegas wife"