Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Hobbit

This is a discussion on The Hobbit within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; So finally, some weeks ago it was public announced that Peter Jackson / New line cinema is going to make ...
Page: 1

So finally, some weeks ago it was public announced that Peter Jackson / New line cinema is going to make The hobbit. You guys think he can manage to make it as perfect as LOTR?.
    Personally i hope he can pull it off again because the book itself is great, wonder what it would be on screen

Am i the only one who cant wait for this movie to come out :P?

some ppl thought he did things wrong in the first 3 movies theres always going to skeptics but i doubt he could make a story thats sooo good and given his track record im sure he'll be able to pull it out strong

Hope he can pull it off again =) cause the book has some really nice parts

stadik-god

thier is just so much good stuff in those books, i cant see how anyone can make a 1.5-2 hour movie and fit enough of the sceens and other stuff from the book to make all the heardcore fans happy, it would have to be a 3-4 hour movie on each book. Its just not realistic and even if you spent the time and money for a 3-4 hour movie most hardcore fans still wouldn't be happy because the books mainly just feed the readers immaginations.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Good, I'm glad Jackson fixed the problems he had with New Line Cinema and decided to make this movie. Can't wait. Wonder who they'll use for Bilbo and Gandalf now

thier is just so much good stuff in those books, i cant see how anyone can make a 1.5-2 hour movie and fit enough of the sceens and other stuff from the book to make all the heardcore fans happy, it would have to be a 3-4 hour movie on each book. Its just not realistic and even if you spent the time and money for a 3-4 hour movie most hardcore fans still wouldn't be happy because the books mainly just feed the readers immaginations.[/b]
    Well stadik-god, thats why its gonna be made over two 2-3 hour long movies like LOTR was made in 3... New Line cinema has given him rights to make 2 movies =)

stadik-god

Well stadik-god, thats why its gonna be made over two 2-3 hour long movies like LOTR was made in 3... New Line cinema has given him rights to make 2 movies =)[/b]
    Awsome!!! cant wait then

Tristan

I'm gonna get hyped all over again.

>AppleSauce<

Good, I'm glad Jackson fixed the problems he had with New Line Cinema and decided to make this movie. Can't wait. Wonder who they'll use for Bilbo and Gandalf now [/b]
    i say bilbo is gonna be Shia Labof from disturbia/transformers....because he has curly hair like a hobbit and is peeping suddenly in these awesome movies lately

and gandalf will hmm maybe could be the same gandalf from the other lotr? gandalf doesnt really age does he? so he wont appear younger because
    i read about the wizards in middle earth like saruman/gandalf and they live 1000years or sumthing

anyways thats just my prediction on who will be bilbo and gandalf

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Well yeah, wizards were sent by the Valar to help Iluvatar sons on the war against Sauron, and yeah, they don't age. But the actual actor that played Gandalf, DOES age, so it's likely he won't be in conditions to perform such a demanding role.

As to Shia LaBouf, highly doubt it. See, when the story happened Bilbo was already in a "mature" age for a hobbit, wich if I remember correctly is 50 or more years. And by keeping the ring all those years since he found it in the mountains, till the begining of the Fellowship of the Ring, he didn't aged a bit, so the person that's gonna play Bilbo in The Hobbit would have to look arround the same age as the Bilbo that appeared in the begining of the Trilogy. Shia LaBouf, despite being popular and trendy, wouldn't really fit the age requirement now, would he?

Well you guys do know thats where special effects come in handy :P.. And the gandalf from the lotr's aint he in hospital? or am i thinking of some1 else

>AppleSauce<

oh really? the lotr Gandalf is in the hospital?
    i guess u wouldn't want cast sumone in a role where he might die or fall ill in the middle of production and put everything at risk

ok heres a good one for role of Gandalf..... AL PACINO!!!! he's in his 60s and has the wizard looking face for the role!!!

and for Bilbo since it can't be a young person then i say.... Ewan McGregor from big fish and star wars

i think these are pretty good guess now

Novel was great, movie should be good as well hopefully, when are they planning to release it?

atm the movies are supposed to be released in 2010/2011

Tristan

Can't wait that long
    The Lord of the Rings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast