Sicko

This is a discussion on Sicko within the Movies forums, part of the General Entertainment category; I have nothing much to say but then just to summarize it as amazing. It's a documentary on the American ...
Page: 1

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Default Sicko

I have nothing much to say but then just to summarize it as amazing. It's a documentary on the American health care system, and every single point that Micheal Moore brings is just incredible. I especially recommend this for the American citizens to view so you guys can come to a realization of what is happening within your borders.

Micheal Moore is a fucking joke. Anyone can twist things to make it look like what they want (not saying i like the health care system). He does what he does to make money end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by mythlost View Post
    Micheal Moore is a fucking joke. Anyone can twist things to make it look like what they want (not saying i like the health care system). He does what he does to make money end of story.
    I can say the same thing about all the other director's that make USA seem the godly place to be in and yet everything they do is justifiable. Micheal Moore on the other hand points out the little flaws that happen around in USA... as a matter of fact, a major flaw in this case.

See what happens when people are used to having American movies produced where the Americans are in favor all the time... and then all of a sudden a movie comes out that totally bombs USA, and should be a simply message of "wake ta fuck up", and not a state of denial after watching it.

Do you live in the US because your location says your from Canada

Do you live in the US because your location says your from Canada
    What does that have to do with anything? This is how arrogant Americans are, "We are the greatest country, you know nothing about us". Well Micheal Moore is American, and he showed us the true colors of what happens down in America, at least based on it's health care system. There is about 100:1 directors out there that are for favoring USA in a money, so by all means, if they want to prove Micheal Moore wrong with his facts, then why won't they? Because they are millionaires and are living the same life as the president, with an insured coverage of all their health care costs since they are able to afford if anything happens to them, even if it's in the millions.

everything in movies is 100% real and factual
    same goes for the internet

edit:
    this movie came out like 3-4 years ago, its just getting to canada now?

Quote Originally Posted by giga View Post
    everything in movies is 100% real and factual
    same goes for the internet

edit:
    this movie came out like 3-4 years ago, its just getting to canada now?
    Nope. I watch movies to entertain myself. Watching documentaries reminds me of boring old high school classes, thus why I didn't care watching. But seeing as this movie was rated 9.6/10 on website, first page of highest rank movies from 2000-2007, I decided to view it even though it's a documentary.

peintre

to the rest of the world, the usa's "healthcare system" is a joke, that many americans just cant grasp the consept off.

A firm wants to make money yes? or help people?
    they want to make money!

point 1, they cut on service
    point2 they upp the prices
    point3 they cut on who they give service
    point 4,they cut on service.

Still dont get the point?
    Even if you can afford the rediculesly high prices in the states, the chance that you wont get coveradge, is astoundingly high

Sicko is made so simple cause only that way does he have a chance of getting americans to achually fking understand.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

If you liked this movie, you should also check out 'The Cove' and 'Food, Inc.', documentaries regarding controversial issues:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXSxJF43XGA[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0"][/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV9Fv8h08Vc[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? This is how arrogant Americans are, "We are the greatest country, you know nothing about us". Well Micheal Moore is American, and he showed us the true colors of what happens down in America, at least based on it's health care system. There is about 100:1 directors out there that are for favoring USA in a money, so by all means, if they want to prove Micheal Moore wrong with his facts, then why won't they? Because they are millionaires and are living the same life as the president, with an insured coverage of all their health care costs since they are able to afford if anything happens to them, even if it's in the millions.
    Your not from America so why does it concern you? Maybe you should stop being so ignorant...Micheal Moore makes money thats why he does what he does. You dont see me criticizing canada because guess what I dont live there so i dont know all the facts. You don't live here so stop trying to act like you know everything.

Your not from America so why does it concern you? Maybe you should stop being so ignorant...Micheal Moore makes money thats why he does what he does. You dont see me criticizing canada because guess what I dont live there so i dont know all the facts. You don't live here so stop trying to act like you know everything.
    Oh come on, who doesn't know the little details about the all-powerful and #1 nation in the world? I do, I took a university here in Canada, just on the justification system in the United States (justification doesn't mean it's only about law).

You ask why does this concern me? It doesn't really, but I honestly teared down for the people JUST who were filmed and had their lives lost.... but posts like these like you have made got my conscious back into hating USA in general as it was before. You know what they say, when you are the biggest player out there, be ready for the biggest critisim on the smallest little details... even though this isn't a little detail.

Just one final question, since you seem to be so opposed as what I say.... do you actually deny the fact that USA has such a crappy health care system?

No i agree it shitty i said that in my first post, but its a minor concern to me as thre are far more important things going on in America to worry about. The government is reforming the health care system but will they make it better or worse who knows its all a debate right now.

No i agree it shitty i said that in my first post, but its a minor concern to me as thre are far more important things going on in America to worry about. The government is reforming the health care system but will they make it better or worse who knows its all a debate right now.
    They have been trying to make it better for the past 39 years, and have still yet to succeed. With that number it seems very unlikely. I hope the best for you, but if someone in your family had some sort of medical problem, then I would suspect that it would hit you in the head as to how unfair the system is and you would want to do something extremely justful to correct it.

No because I have health insurance and I can pay for it so no it wont hit me in the head.

No because I have health insurance and I can pay for it so no it wont hit me in the head.
    So did many of the people other people in the money, and some even though they would be able to afford it too, but couldn't. Denial a strong action towards facing the truth.