Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Custom Maps - My brain just jizzed in my skull

This is a discussion on Custom Maps - My brain just jizzed in my skull within the Starcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNPrnY4K_4"]YouTube - StarCraft II Custom Map Preview[/ame] The Custom Map Community •WarCraft 3 custom games more popular than original games. ...
Page: 1

Default Custom Maps - My brain just jizzed in my skull

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNPrnY4K_4"]YouTube - StarCraft II Custom Map Preview[/ame]

The Custom Map Community
    •WarCraft 3 custom games more popular than original games.
    •StarCraft 2 editor more powerful than WarCraft 3 editor. More on this in the SC2 panel.
    •Item system available for map makers.
    •Map publishing makes it easy to share maps. Can download maps without joining games. Can choose to play maps available on Battle.net, all published maps.

SC2 Marketplace
    •Easy to find and browse maps.
    •Maps can be commented and rated.
    •Free and premium maps. Premium maps have to be bought, and the profit goes to map makers.

SOURCE
    Staredit Network » Topic: BlizzCon Report of SC2

Quote Originally Posted by Metalkon View Post
    YouTube - StarCraft II Custom Map Preview

The Custom Map Community
    •WarCraft 3 custom games more popular than original games.
    •StarCraft 2 editor more powerful than WarCraft 3 editor. More on this in the SC2 panel.
    •Item system available for map makers.
    •Map publishing makes it easy to share maps. Can download maps without joining games. Can choose to play maps available on Battle.net, all published maps.

SC2 Marketplace
    •Easy to find and browse maps.
    •Maps can be commented and rated.
    •Free and premium maps. Premium maps have to be bought, and the profit goes to map makers.

SOURCE
    Staredit Network » Topic: BlizzCon Report of SC2

wow looks really nice!

Dustin

incredible...starcraft 2 is probably an all in one kind of game. MMORPG, Third person shooter, RTS, and so much more once ppl know how to use the editor. This is gonna be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    incredible...starcraft 2 is probably an all in one kind of game. MMORPG, Third person shooter, RTS, and so much more once ppl know how to use the editor. This is gonna be awesome
    Yes sc1 was more than a simple build/tactic/ strategize game with the custom maps. Sc2 should have more features than enable us to create maps beyond anything we've seen before. Should be fun playing the custom maps. I never really did play single mode or anything else. Online custom maps are nonstop fun.

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by Electr1c View Post
    Yes sc1 was more than a simple build/tactic/ strategize game with the custom maps. Sc2 should have more features than enable us to create maps beyond anything we've seen before. Should be fun playing the custom maps. I never really did play single mode or anything else. Online custom maps are nonstop fun.
    UMS Maps were always pretty fun, but now, its like a whole new ball game. Third person shooting...thats just a small taste. I wonder what the new editor will enable people to do. Imagine FPS...or even something like an MMORPG mode where people can retain character stats and upgrades like WC3 UMS maps. Can't wait for this to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    UMS Maps were always pretty fun, but now, its like a whole new ball game. Third person shooting...thats just a small taste. I wonder what the new editor will enable people to do. Imagine FPS...or even something like an MMORPG mode where people can retain character stats and upgrades like WC3 UMS maps. Can't wait for this to come out.
    Yea i can see a MMORPG minigame made in a Custom Map. Remember in sc1 some guy made a Final Fantasy 7 rpg mini game?

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by Electr1c View Post
    Yea i can see a MMORPG minigame made in a Custom Map. Remember in sc1 some guy made a Final Fantasy 7 rpg mini game?
    Thats gonna be remade in 3rd person now. xD

deathntaxes

holly crap i can't wait to start learning the sorce code for this game to make some awsome ums games for you guys. I wish i could find a clan like mp i was in at one time. But hardly any map making clans any more any ways guys / girls. See ya in 2010 play sc2

Tazthespaz

I think SC 2 will be like WC3 graphics wise and a little bit of the gameplay wise but be with SC units and stratagies

give it to SC2 to show up everyone and raise the game bar to a whole new league lmao.
    strategy game that can go 1st person shooter? dang. fuk cs:s

that looks pritty amazing

starcraft was defenitely a great game to just sit back and play and those new maps just look amazing I might have to get me sc2 just didnt know if i had time to play it kinda hanging it up on alot of games online anymore getting ready for summer ATV riding>any game.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roguepro92 View Post
    give it to SC2 to show up everyone and raise the game bar to a whole new league lmao.
    strategy game that can go 1st person shooter? dang. fuk cs:s
    wc3 could already do it so sc2's ability to do it really isnt that special

i just hope they keep alot of the original sc tactics and what not... looks so different they might as well not even call it starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    wc3 could already do it so sc2's ability to do it really isnt that special
    its not the same tho

just the graphics is way above wc3
    and wc3's shooter Custom maps are usually too screwed up to be fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast