Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i'm guessing there is no knowledgable person for this forum

This is a discussion on i'm guessing there is no knowledgable person for this forum within the Starcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; some people enjoy ums, some people enjoy fastest some people enjoy bgh. But the 'proper' way of playing this game ...
Page: 2

TunaFishyMe

some people enjoy ums, some people enjoy fastest some people enjoy bgh. But the 'proper' way of playing this game if you want to be good is low-money map. Just because you are good doesnt mean you have turned this game into 'mindless work.' The reason why SC is still so big now is not because of the UMS,fastest, or bgh. Its because of the well-balanced low-money map, which is a very complicated game.

2kunlimited

some people enjoy ums, some people enjoy fastest some people enjoy bgh. But the 'proper' way of playing this game if you want to be good is low-money map. Just because you are good doesnt mean you have turned this game into 'mindless work.' The reason why SC is still so big now is not because of the UMS,fastest, or bgh. Its because of the well-balanced low-money map, which is a very complicated game.[/b]
    Uh yea it does. Look at any truely "good" players. They got a build strat for every single races. They time the exact moment when they're gonna build their buildings. Theres a specific build strat they they use vs a certain race and they follow the build format to the detail. Gimme a break man...to be good at this game it pretty much turns into work cause you're just following some pre-determined build order. I know cause all i use to do was play low money map. After a while I just gave up and just play for fun cause trying to be "good" takes too much work and time. I admit it was fun for a while, but it gets dull.

Bah,I love Money Maps

TunaFishyMe

mmm yes and no i guess. To get good, I guess you have to have spent a year or two of hardcore gaming. But afterwards, its not that hard to maintain. My friend played 2 years, really hardcore. He was ranked like B+/A- on PGT, which is pretty good for foreign. He hasnt played like like 1-2 years and we started to play again and hes picked it all back up.
    But yea, i started playing low=money but it took a lot of time and after 2-3 months i wasnt even decent on today's standards. It takes at least 1 years of hardcore to be decent nowadays.

Uh yea it does. Look at any truely "good" players. They got a build strat for every single races. They time the exact moment when they're gonna build their buildings. Theres a specific build strat they they use vs a certain race and they follow the build format to the detail. Gimme a break man...to be good at this game it pretty much turns into work cause you're just following some pre-determined build order. I know cause all i use to do was play low money map. After a while I just gave up and just play for fun cause trying to be "good" takes too much work and time. I admit it was fun for a while, but it gets dull.[/b]
    hm.. do u know how to play sc? all the shit u said is stupid, no one is following any build strat. For Example different map has different strat while vs different race. The player who follow building order never gets good, and u said " Theres a specific build strat they they use vs a certain race and they follow the build format to the detail."? this is bullshit, like Terran vs Protoss ; Theres marine + work rush , Marine + tank + worker, or fast 2nd base...There's alot of strat, no1 follow the building format. If u feel like playing like a noob just like in Ko u only do Spike + run / Town... Go Ahead~~

hm.. do u know how to play sc? all the shit u said is stupid, no one is following any build strat. For Example different map has different strat while vs different race. The player who follow building order never gets good, and u said " Theres a specific build strat they they use vs a certain race and they follow the build format to the detail."? this is bullshit, like Terran vs Protoss ; Theres marine + work rush , Marine + tank + worker, or fast 2nd base...There's alot of strat, no1 follow the building format. If u feel like playing like a noob just like in Ko u only do Spike + run / Town... Go Ahead~~[/b]

YOU SIR IS AN IDIOT

The best.. like boxer... ok unpredicable...
    noob like us... we do!!!!
    and i also agree... play the game for fun... not 1v1 and 1v1 and more 1v1 like some other :/

play ums... money map... when u want to, how you wanted to!!!

TunaFishyMe

hm.. do u know how to play sc? all the shit u said is stupid, no one is following any build strat. For Example different map has different strat while vs different race. The player who follow building order never gets good, and u said " Theres a specific build strat they they use vs a certain race and they follow the build format to the detail."? this is bullshit, like Terran vs Protoss ; Theres marine + work rush , Marine + tank + worker, or fast 2nd base...There's alot of strat, no1 follow the building format. If u feel like playing like a noob just like in Ko u only do Spike + run / Town... Go Ahead~~[/b]
    clearly you are one of the noobs that turtle up to do carriers/bc thinking they are unbeatable or throw photon cannons everwhere even if its not necessary (ahem lutz :P)

Every decent - good player follows build strats. Pro-gamers follow build strats...the difference is that they use strats that are very micro based. Therefore they need less units and can tech faster...but they can do this only cuz they are korean.
    The players who follow strats are the ones that are good. You might not be better than other orthodox players in the beginning but you are better than the random noobs who dont know the different from 12 hatch and 9 pool.
    ONce you have the strats down, you start trying other stuff to be more risky or to entertain yourself...the strats are designed to make every single mineral/gas useful for like 5-8 mins of the game. If you want to tech, you follow the build strats to tech faster. if you want to secure more expos, you follow those. and they arent as easy as you think. Every second counts, expo too late, an early zeal/probe will rape you. Expo too early, it rapes your econ.

You are the one who doesnt know how to play. Continue playing your fastest maps please.

clearly you are one of the noobs that turtle up to do carriers/bc thinking they are unbeatable or throw photon cannons everwhere even if its not necessary (ahem lutz :P)

Every decent - good player follows build strats. Pro-gamers follow build strats...the difference is that they use strats that are very micro based. Therefore they need less units and can tech faster...but they can do this only cuz they are korean.
    The players who follow strats are the ones that are good. You might not be better than other orthodox players in the beginning but you are better than the random noobs who dont know the different from 12 hatch and 9 pool.
    ONce you have the strats down, you start trying other stuff to be more risky or to entertain yourself...the strats are designed to make every single mineral/gas useful for like 5-8 mins of the game. If you want to tech, you follow the build strats to tech faster. if you want to secure more expos, you follow those. and they arent as easy as you think. Every second counts, expo too late, an early zeal/probe will rape you. Expo too early, it rapes your econ.

You are the one who doesnt know how to play. Continue playing your fastest maps please.[/b]
    u know wat im talking about? If u watched any pro league VOD, Alot of player used rush ( if u know how to ) and also that turtle up to do carrier/bc? lol who will do that? and cannons everywhere? r u talking about cannon + zealot rush?. I know every decent good player follows build strats but if u're playing 3 of 2, u have to change ur build strats like rush or fast expos. If u still havent sure about wat im saying? come 1v1 then.. Btw noobs like me play fastest map? lol

And to Amano, Boxer is no where close to the best right now. Please update

TunaFishyMe

Ok, you dont follow a build strat blindly. That is what scouting is for. You adjust your build according to what your opponent is doing. For example, if you want to do (Z) 12 expo, 11 pool on say LT, you see the toss 9/10, clearly you arent going to continue. But if the toss 1 gate/ tech, then you continue. You dont just randomly build drone and go "hey, lets build a pool now, it feels right" because chances are, you are not taking full potential of your resources build strats are designed to do.

Build strats dont play the game for you, they start you off in a manner that lets you utilize every mineral/ ever gas to full potential depending on what you want to do. A player who doesnt follow a build strat, (not always) but chances are, are not teching as fast as possible or is not taking their early expo fast enough for it to be as worth while.

I dont know what you mean 3 of 2. But if you mean play multiplayer, yea of course. Right now, the best is probably Nada or Bisu but I dont realyl follow anymore. Ill play a 1v1 if you want but its probably best on the weekend cuz i work during the weekdays.

oo i think i know what you mean...like when you see an opening and you rush with a couple marines/scvs? Those are do/die ideas lol. If it doesnt work, you are fucked. You have to be pretty good with your micro to pull something like that off. People do it, but its not like something you will see often. Early zeal+ probe is a good harass agasint FE Z but its not like you are gonna pull all your drones right away. What if they scout it, and sunken up? lol

u know wat im talking about? If u watched any pro league VOD, Alot of player used rush ( if u know how to ) and also that turtle up to do carrier/bc? lol who will do that? and cannons everywhere? r u talking about cannon + zealot rush?. I know every decent good player follows build strats but if u're playing 3 of 2, u have to change ur build strats like rush or fast expos. If u still havent sure about wat im saying? come 1v1 then.. Btw noobs like me play fastest map? lol

And to Amano, Boxer is no where close to the best right now. Please update[/b]

my point still stand....
    for your sake here insert the best sc player ever ***hereree******
    fucking happy now?

how many sc player does actually get to play on tv? really? are you one of em?
    i hate stupid fuck like you who thinks Starcraft is about 1v1. on some pro league map proving that *oh i am better than you*
    shut the fuck up

play what u want...when u want to, how you wanted to!!!

I play sc not because i want to get to play on TV, its all about competition and fun. Let me ask u, how many basketball player does get to play on NBA / TV ?
    If u want to play like a noob, go ahead. Btw i never said sc is all about 1v1...
    to Tuna, build strat is important but u don have to follow it. if the toss 1 gate/ tech, and you continue? He might go for Fast dt / Drop DT / Turtle.

TunaFishyMe

thats what scouting is all about man. Your initial 9 drone or maybe 10 probe you send as a scout, you try your best to make sure he doesnt die so you can watch what he does the entire time. There is no way you can counter everything but if someone tries a cheese stat like proxy gate, you notice hes missing gateways, then you know hes proxying and counter faster by blocking choke, to finish pool then spam lings and counter. Those cheese strats are pretty much do or die.

You see him 1 gate, block choke. Try to keep that scout in, if you cant, then just pay more attention. If he goes fast DT, he will have practically no units. So you continue macro and build a turrent/scan/cannon/palce overlord at choke, easily done. If you think hell go reaver drop, build something close to the walls of your base so you see him coming then pull workers. Cuz he 1 gated, hell have a low number of units. So either you tech as well, expo, or try to finish him with a 3 hatch or something. There is so much you can do, but people usually follow build strats cuz they maximize all your resources to what you wanted to do in the beginning.

Lets say you wated to 12/hatch 11/pool and you scouted him 1 gate. Then you continue onwards. Its not like you cant fend off a fast DT or a reaver drop with the build. But if you scout a 9/10 gate, you are at disadvantage and then you have to cancel your expo cuz theres no way you can protect it and then focus on getting lings asap and use drones to hold them off. 9/10 lets him get the fastest zeal rush but it gives him a horrible econ so if he fails, hes pretty much dead. If you continued your 12/hatch, youll be dead so you have to scout!! In the beginning of the game, you dont know what your opponent is gonna do, but if you wanted to 3 hatch muta, you stick with it unless you see him doing some sort of cheese.

SC is not all about 1 on 1. Its a game, and you play for fun. But people who play BGH, fastest maps and claim they are so "pro" really dont understand the concepts of the game at all. Even if you play low money, you dont have to follow build strats... but if you want to be good on low money maps, then you should probably know all the existing build strats until you want to experiment on your own. Everything has some sort of procedure a beginner should follow. Basketball, your shooting form. Ive seen some people do woman shots (where you throw the ball and your arms extend outwards like you are doing breaststroke) and have a very accurate shot. But if you put pressure on them, they cant shoot for shit cuz they dont shoot the ball high enough cuz they arent following the proper way of doing it.

again, u misunderstanding what im trying to say... I told u, i never said Sc is all about 1:1 and also "people who play BGH, fastest maps and claim they are so "pro" Who said that? lol. I've quited fastest map on my first week of SC, Since then i started to play LT / Luna and so on, Next time get ur glasses to see who's typing, and also who say fast DT have no unit? u stupid? If u watched bisu played, His DT drop is fast and has alot of unit and also why u want to talk about pvz while Z go for fast xpos? lol. Only noob goes for it. And also I never said anything about basketball shooting form? Why u brought it up for? READ it again >>~~ Let me ask u, how many basketball player does get to play on NBA / TV ? ~~~ You only follow those build strat at the beginning, not at the middle part / End because anything is possible in SC. And also those things u said is basic.
    + 1more, When im reading ur so called essay maybe, is for people that has to follow everything. Its like what should i build next? Lemme look at my strat book. lol

TunaFishyMe

lol bisu is a pro gamer. he gets paid thousands of dollars to play per year. Obviously his macro is godly. If you know anything aobut sc, youll know that a DT rush = less units than 2 gate build.

No one does FE? LOL are you kidding me? FE is one of the most popular openings cuz Z need the expos to put up a fight. lol, have you seen pro gamers play? They follow the exact same strats...the strats dont list out what you are suppose to do for 20 mins, its for the opening. Have you played chess before? Do you think Karpov just randomly opens without following some sort of opening? These openings are created to maximize what you want to do from PRO PLAYERS who have experimented countles of hours. Lol you are truly a moron.

I never said you said that did i? No. So open your eyes. In life, if you do anything serious, (unless you a gifted) chances are youll improve faster by following the orthodox way. Sorry, thats life.

I havent played sc for about 3 months...but lets play a game and see how "creative" you are.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

I havent played sc for about 3 months...but lets play a game and see how "creative" you are.[/b]
    post the replay here :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast