Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sc2 will never beat SC

This is a discussion on Sc2 will never beat SC within the Starcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; :O //discuss...
Page: 1

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Default Sc2 will never beat SC

:O
    //discuss

it will, the graphics are amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Mishe View Post
    it will, the graphics are amazing
    One thing that I learned is - Just because a game has better graphic's, Does not make it a better game.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

You do realize that sc1 took like almost a decade or over a decade to fine tune to get it to how amazing it was, right?

When it first came out it was utterly fucking horrible and unbalanced and all that kind of shit...

Does it beat SC1 atm? No, prolly not. Will it in the future, most definately.

wtb goliaths

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    You do realize that sc1 took like almost a decade or over a decade to fine tune to get it to how amazing it was, right?

When it first came out it was utterly fucking horrible and unbalanced and all that kind of shit...

yep +1 to this

Lol they have had about 13 - 15 yrs to work on sc2,
    Rumors about sc2 have been going on FOREVER
    I used to be a huge sc fan
    And starcraft 1 was always the shit
    Still is fun to log on and own few players
    but sc2 is alot like BW and bw blows!

Your statement only shows how little to nothing you know about the history of BW. Btw its not SC1 but rather only BW what was great, before it, original SC was not that good. With the release of BW in November 1998. the game became what it is and still will be for many years to come, a GREAT COMPETITIVE GAME.

In resumen, it didnt take more than 2 years to become what it is (besides some minor tweaks along the way) and by the 2000-2001 it was already the king of E-sports. It didnt take the decade your wrongfully talking about.

Will beat BW? If things keep going like they are with Bnet 2.0, Skill cap so low (MBS, autosmart units, etc) and no priviledge of privacy (everyone knows who you are, anyone can dl your replays...). its gonna take less than 2 years for people to realize what a shallow game SC2 is. My prove? ended beta Nro1 diamond div. with 60 apm.

i find it pretty damn fun :|

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Your statement only shows how little to nothing you know about the history of BW. Btw its not SC1 but rather only BW what was great, before it, original SC was not that good. With the release of BW in November 1998. the game became what it is and still will be for many years to come, a GREAT COMPETITIVE GAME.

In resumen, it didnt take more than 2 years to become what it is (besides some minor tweaks along the way) and by the 2000-2001 it was already the king of E-sports. It didnt take the decade your wrongfully talking about.

Will beat BW? If things keep going like they are with Bnet 2.0, Skill cap so low (MBS, autosmart units, etc) and no priviledge of privacy (everyone knows who you are, anyone can dl your replays...). its gonna take less than 2 years for people to realize what a shallow game SC2 is. My prove? ended beta Nro1 diamond div. with 60 apm.
    Oh, my, god. CONGRATS, you successfully argued that I was wrong about the length of time but still completely agreed with my point and wasted 2 paragraphs to do so. Seriously, grats at wasting 2 paragraphs to essentially say "it took 2 years, not a decade". It's a real accomplishment to waste that much time. FYI both sc and BW are sc1. BW is merely an expansion of SC1, but it's still sc1. Just the same as LOD is still part of D2, etc etc. And the "tweaks" were far from "minor".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ijwtGCaRg[/ame] LOL at minor tweaks...

Also, the whole point of SC2 and all of blizz's games as of late is to be more casual friendly. You finished as no.1 diamond at end of beta with 60apm? Grats(not really). I know MANY people that gave up on beta weeks before beta ended and/or didn't even PLAY the 2nd wave of beta. Most got bored of beta/constant crashes/etc. You saying you finished 1st means nothing, it just means you cared about grinding points when others didn't(which is all diamond league was, once you got to diamond you merely grinded points). Second, sc2 isn't about spamming buttons like sc1 was, it's about build choices/time attacks. It's how they tried to balance the game to make it more accessible to the average joe. Basicly, they PURPOSELY designed the game so you don't need 300 APM to be competitive, but you simply just need to be SMART about your builds/attack timing.
    Last edited by camaz0tz; 08-03-2010 at 12:13 PM.

its the online play that makes starcraft good u people that play campaign and then b1tch have nothing to b1tch about... since u dont kno anything about starcraft
    play sc2 online it is good...
    sc1 was good online heck it still is... broodwar only added arbitaries valks, crosairs, devours, and someother stuff....
    but overall it was simple additions...
    sc1 was just as good without bw additions... you morons that have not played online via battlenetwork need to stay in ur dham closet.
    again custom maps ftw
    and yes the patches fixed minor issues here and there
    Last edited by Electr1c; 08-03-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Oh, my, god. CONGRATS, you successfully argued that I was wrong about the length of time but still completely agreed with my point and wasted 2 paragraphs to do so. Seriously, grats at wasting 2 paragraphs to essentially say "it took 2 years, not a decade". It's a real accomplishment to waste that much time. FYI both sc and BW are sc1. BW is merely an expansion of SC1, but it's still sc1. Just the same as LOD is still part of D2, etc etc. And the "tweaks" were far from "minor".

YouTube - ‪Starcraft: 7 years in 7 minutes‬‎ LOL at minor tweaks...

Also, the whole point of SC2 and all of blizz's games as of late is to be more casual friendly. You finished as no.1 diamond at end of beta with 60apm? Grats(not really). I know MANY people that gave up on beta weeks before beta ended and/or didn't even PLAY the 2nd wave of beta. Most got bored of beta/constant crashes/etc. You saying you finished 1st means nothing, it just means you cared about grinding points when others didn't(which is all diamond league was, once you got to diamond you merely grinded points). Second, sc2 isn't about spamming buttons like sc1 was, it's about build choices/time attacks. It's how they tried to balance the game to make it more accessible to the average joe. Basicly, they PURPOSELY designed the game so you don't need 300 APM to be competitive, but you simply just need to be SMART about your builds/attack timing.
    This is rather hilarious. You are posting a video with some scenes from nonsense game parts. You dont feature professional players playing the game. So your video doenst really do anything for you.

Playing BW is to playing SC2 like playing a real guitar is to playing Guitar Hero. Nothing else to say.

And now im gonna correct my affirmation about SC2 future. As I now see, the comunity is so stuborn about making SC2 "the greates e-sport ever", that alone could and will be enough to keep it alive. In other words, I realized the comunity is gonna make themselves blind and keep revolving around it just because the name and how easy to play the game it is.

I myself prefer to be a medium player in a hard to master game, rather than being a top player in an really easy game.

Theres always room to get better... The game is new, strategies will change balances will be corrected and patches will come out.

SC2 allows lower APM to play well too yeah but they didn't want the game to be about robot hands rather strategy and decision making. Watch professionals then, you can obviously see some awesome play tell me the skill cap is low then

omg void rays void rays void rays patch should fix it up... so many newbs keep using them.

Lol its funny to see people saying no one knows shit about starcraft haha
    Okay, we will put it like this
    I was one of the "GG" players on Starcraft
    I had multiple accounts on sc but the one i normally played was
    Reap[e]r which i think was like 1300+ and 220 loses ( the reason the loses are higher then that is i came back to sc rusty multiple times)
    GG)Illness Was like 400-60 or something

BW Was fucking Gay and anyone who try's to say it wasn't. Its obvious your retarded for even attempting to say something like that, There for your opinion no longer matters.

Starcraft was a classic and regardless of what ppl say about sc2 it won't beat sc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast