Starcraft 2 without LAN

This is a discussion on Starcraft 2 without LAN within the Starcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; http://www.petitiononline.com/LANSC2/petition.html...
Page: 1

seems like no1 cares about sc2 :mellow:

This section wont become very popular untill the game is out so not many people look around here.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i just dont care about lan.......i never played sc with lan and doubt ill play sc2 with lan

Banned Senior Member

no LAN just means you have to go online to play at your buddies, or you can no longer use Virtual LAN networks like Hamachi to play a LAN over the internet with cracked copies. In due time people will make ways to get LAN to work, so meh

my bad then, no lan means low connection for most of countries on south america...
    thats why we rather play on lan parties we have sucky internet services with 2-3 mb ;S

PTOWN

Thats actually really shitty. 4 of the kids in my dorms all played SC1 and are pretty pumped about SC2. Some of our better games have all been on LAN

no LAN just means you have to go online to play at your buddies, or you can no longer use Virtual LAN networks like Hamachi to play a LAN over the internet with cracked copies. In due time people will make ways to get LAN to work, so meh[/b]
    How will they implement a lan system into the game? dont think will be that easy. What they could do its emulate bnet and then set it up in the lan, but lan it self, dont think so.

Not having lan will have a great impact on the way they combat piracy. The only multiplayer will be bnet and that will make ppl pay for the game(cd key) to enter the feature. Just like SC1, a lot of ppl liked to play single and lan games, but eventually you will want to play bnet, so u end up buying the game. My point is, eventually even ppl who dont want to spend on the real game, do buy it, so its the same for me.

I do think the negative will come to what tournaments are. Lets say WCG, that they have to connect to bnet to play the games instead of having lan? Lan provides 0 lag situations which in bnet games its a very influent factor.

Theres a petition to ask them to put lan on the game, I dont really care cuz ill buy the game original. But i do care about LAN-lag-free games, so I signed it.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

no LAN just means you have to go online to play at your buddies, or you can no longer use Virtual LAN networks like Hamachi to play a LAN over the internet with cracked copies. In due time people will make ways to get LAN to work, so meh[/b]
    also means no garena wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl View Post
    also means no garena wtf?
    yes. gayarena is gonna be useless