book suggestion

This is a discussion on book suggestion within the Books forums, part of the General Entertainment category; so I've gotta pick an American author and read one of his/her books for a research paper. I need some ...
Page: 1

Robokill

so I've gotta pick an American author and read one of his/her books for a research paper. I need some suggestions on who to choose...atm doing Tom Clancy but anyone else know a good book by an American novelist?

Babek

If you like books about drunks, prostitutes, violence and fucking with a bit of humor = Charles Bukowski
    If you like books about popping pills, shooting horse, chasing the dragon with a bit of humor = Hunter S. Thompson

get anything by chuck palahniuk

hmm, on second thought double check if hes american, might be canadian, but his shit's amazing.

if might be kinda heavy to do a paper for school on, dont know if your teacher will get offended by some of the stuff.

read harry potter :P

Gary Paulsen is a good author, he wrote the Hatchet series... and other bookes,

or read the Abhorsen trilogy

Robokill

If you like books about drunks, prostitutes, violence and fucking with a bit of humor = Charles Bukowski
    If you like books about popping pills, shooting horse, chasing the dragon with a bit of humor = Hunter S. Thompson[/b]
    yea can't be anything offensive its high school ;P

get anything by chuck palahniuk

hmm, on second thought double check if hes american, might be canadian, but his shit's amazing.

if might be kinda heavy to do a paper for school on, dont know if your teacher will get offended by some of the stuff.[/b]
    checked him and and not enough info found to write a paper on

read harry potter :P[/b]
    J.K. Rowing is British not American.

Gary Paulsen is a good author, he wrote the Hatchet series... and other bookes,

or read the Abhorsen trilogy[/b]
    yes read Hatchet series already I didn't particularly enjoy it

decided to do The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy thx for advice anyway guys

Babek

yea can't be anything offensive its high school ;P[/b]
    It's not offensive, it's a journey in American culture. Sure you can pick up a Stephen King book and enjoy a couple of hours of entertaining horror, but his books won't make you think or expand you mind.

"On the Road" by the great beatnik author Jack Kerouac is another tip.