Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Currently Reading:

This is a discussion on Currently Reading: within the Books forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Originally Posted by Riley I am currently reading 'The Sword of Truth' Series by Terry Goodkind. I'm on book seven ...
Page: 10

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I am currently reading 'The Sword of Truth' Series by Terry Goodkind. I'm on book seven atm, Naked Empire.
    Ouch That was the one where he got all political and there is a phrase that he repeats about 6 times during the book.

However I'm sure you're too hooked and want to know what happens, so you'll read it anyway.

Overall though the series was pretty cool. Sadly there is less ass-kicking in the last couple of books, but still a great read. Shame about the torture and sex that is implicit in the plot, cos it would make an awesome series of films otherwise.

and on topic:
    Domes of Fire - Book one of the tamuli trilogy. By David Eddings. Not far into it yet to give a review, but as I've just read all of David Eddings other major works and this is the last, I'm looking forward to it!

hatay

I've just finished reading the auto-biography of Eric Clapton and i just bought big classics like: The origin of species by darwin, voyage au bout de la nuit by Celine, a collection of poems from Rimbaud and some other books.

Anyway, when do you read your book? In your bed or during your free time?

Scallywag

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I am currently reading 'The Sword of Truth' Series by Terry Goodkind. I'm on book seven atm, Naked Empire.
    Sword of Truth would have to be one of the best fantasy series out there..its full of suspense, unexpected twists, shock value, action, humour and tragedy and of course love ^^ Definately worth a read for anyone not familiar with it.

I agree that the last couple of books in the series though are no where near as good as the rest..but that should in no way put you off. Wizards first Rule would have to be the best first book of any series ive read...i literally couldnt put it down.

Goodkind was greatly influenced by Ayn Rand in his writings (Atlas Shrugged) but in the later books allows his objectivist principals to take over the story line. This did not go down too well with many fans who prefer not to be preached to in a book, rather the objectivist theme should have been subtley intertwined with the story line as it was in the earlier books.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

sacrid

im reading ender's game, actually just finished it and it is an AWSOME book, any gamer needs to read it, full of action and suspence

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_PlodeZ View Post
    The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
    Is it worth reading? i got it laying on my nighttable, but havent had the time to begin reading yet .

Quote Originally Posted by *RW* View Post
    Is it worth reading? i got it laying on my nighttable, but havent had the time to begin reading yet .
    I finished it this weekend.

I liked it, it was an easy read, Dan Brown writes short chapters - some were only 2 pages long.

It was along the same lines as The DaVinci code, it was kinda like reading a movie.

Overall, I would give it a 9/10, pretty thought-provoking and action-packed with a nice twist at the end.

Makes me want to go see all of the stuff in Washington DC to see which stuff is real and which stuff is fiction.

Anyway, I recommend it.

I liked it, it was an easy read, Dan Brown writes short chapters - some were only 2 pages long.

It was along the same lines as The DaVinci code, it was kinda like reading a movie.

Overall, I would give it a 9/10, pretty thought-provoking and action-packed with a nice twist at the end.

Makes me want to go see all of the stuff in Washington DC to see which stuff is real and which stuff is fiction.

Anyway, I recommend it.
    Sounds lovely! ill start it 2nite then thanks mate

Just got through reading "Intensity" by Dean Koontz - WOW. Read in 2 days - what a page turner. Couldn't put it down - really pissed off the wife.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Anyway, I recommend it.
    I was rather disappointed. I had hyped up the book way, wayyyyyy too much and got overexcited when I first got hold of my copy.. It was still a decent read but nothing like I had expected it to be.

Currently Reading: John Dies At The End, by David Wong.

Been having a permanent erection ever since I've started reading it. The book is absolutely evil and pure genius.

Edit: Finished it... One of the best books I've had the pleasure to read, in many... many years, it's a complete mindfuck. Thinking of reading it again just now. :P
    Last edited by schrotti; 10-29-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Currently re-reading "The Crystal Shard", book 1 of The Icewind Dale Trilogy by R. A. Salvatore.

Obviously, not the first time I've read it, this series is one of my all-time favorites.

Starring Drizzt Do'Urden, the iconic drow ranger with his pet panther Guenhwyvar, Bruenor Battlehammer, the dwarven warrior, Wulfgar son of Beornegar, the barbarian warrior, and Catti Brie, human foster daughter of Bruenor.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910