Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Manga

This is a discussion on Manga within the Books forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Looking for a good manga/anime series, something similar to "Welcome to the N.H.K."...
Page: 1

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Looking for a good manga/anime series, something similar to "Welcome to the N.H.K."

Xtr3m3

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece

Wait I'm not sure of your question... :unsure:

what is N.H.K?

How about i just list some awesome ones..... ill list em according to types/genres.

-Love Hina (this is a MUST READ... its super funny, and decent plot line, and has a kind of romantic based plot... but its super famous.... one of the first mangas that was a huge success in the western world)
    -Elfen Lied (the story of this one is pretty good... SUPER VIOLENT + contains nudity.... the bad thing is nobody is done scanalating it yet.. so you'll hafta wait 2 weeks per chapter once u hit the last 15 or so)
    -Naruto (awesome story... not finished yet though... not gonna be over anytime soon)
    -Bleach (decent story.... has some plotholes.. and lets say i dont think it'll finish anytime within 3 years)
    -Midori no Hibi (funny story, kind of romantic but nonetheless, its good)

what is N.H.K?

How about i just list some awesome ones..... ill list em according to types/genres.

-Love Hina (this is a MUST READ... its super funny, and decent plot line, and has a kind of romantic based plot... but its super famous.... one of the first mangas that was a huge success in the western world)
    -Elfen Lied (the story of this one is pretty good... SUPER VIOLENT + contains nudity.... the bad thing is nobody is done scanalating it yet.. so you'll hafta wait 2 weeks per chapter once u hit the last 15 or so)
    -Naruto (awesome story... not finished yet though... not gonna be over anytime soon)
    -Bleach (decent story.... has some plotholes.. and lets say i dont think it'll finish anytime within 3 years)
    -Midori no Hibi (funny story, kind of romantic but nonetheless, its good)[/b]
    Naruto and Bleach are GAY. Sorry, I don't like them.

Here is Welcome to the N.H.K. :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gv_o9FplU_I

NHK is pretty short manga wise, only 8 volumes. But the series is made into 24 episodes. So far, I've only found the series in japanese, trying to download english versions, but only find them in .mkv format.

Naruto and Bleach are GAY. Sorry, I don't like them.

Here is Welcome to the N.H.K. :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gv_o9FplU_I

NHK is pretty short manga wise, only 8 volumes. But the series is made into 24 episodes. So far, I've only found the series in japanese, trying to download english versions, but only find them in .mkv format.[/b]
    uh.... anything that is in englihs voice actors = a big no ty. dubbing anime/manga is the worst thing that has happened in the 21st century.

Meh...... i dont know anything similar to NHK (according to what the description on that youtube clip says) but according to that description.. its a story based on comedy, and plot eh?

then read.... uhh... love hina. its pure awesome-ness

uh.... anything that is in englihs voice actors = a big no ty. dubbing anime/manga is the worst thing that has happened in the 21st century.
    Meh...... i dont know anything similar to NHK (according to what the description on that youtube clip says) but according to that description.. its a story based on comedy, and plot eh?

then read.... uhh... love hina. its pure awesome-ness[/b]
    I try to find japanese with english subs, those are the best, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbKHLBKcQ90 . but every now and then I try to find an english one.

ultimaliaz

lol you like Dbz but hate naruto/bleach... now THAT's messed up h34r:

Ontopic; as akutee aid, elfen lied is pretty awesome lol, expect a LOT of gore

there are a lot of good mangas, but I don't remember mangas for the same type as the one you mentioned cause that's not my type at all
    if you wanna read some random type of mangas then try to read manga DevilxDevil cool manga and they didn't turn it to an anime, also manga GTO ( Great Teacher Onizkua ) and manga Full Metal Alchemist ( the manga still ongoing )

Wink

uh.... anything that is in englihs voice actors = a big no ty. dubbing anime/manga is the worst thing that has happened in the 21st century.[/b]
    +1

BTW, if you like DBZ.. then you'd like Naruto too!

+1
    BTW, if you like DBZ.. then you'd like Naruto too![/b]
    Er, no I wouldn&#39;t. I liked DBZ as I was growing up. Haven&#39;t watched it in a while. Really, I like Dragon Ball more now, the original one. The newer seasons suck imo. Naruto is gay, it has ninjas, it has annoying characters. <_<

U mean DBZ i guess? :P I did watch that to when i was younger but they removed it from the tv years ago

Wink

Er, no I wouldn&#39;t. I liked DBZ as I was growing up. Haven&#39;t watched it in a while. Really, I like Dragon Ball more now, the original one. The newer seasons suck imo. Naruto is gay, it has ninjas, it has annoying characters. <_<[/b]
    I grew up with DBZ.. but thats old now!
    DBZ is old school, back in the days it was teh sh!t..
    Naruto is pretty cool actually, good story!

anyway, DBZ shouldt have stopped after Buu Saga, the GT version sux badly!

uhh another good long series is detective conan

Go read Berserk (alot of gore stuff), Claymore and Great Teacher Onizuka as some1 already mention.

well u prefer new anime/manga or old 1 ?
    detective conan manga seems like there is no ending to it yet. till now still havent finish yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast