Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

about red ring

This is a discussion on about red ring within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; do you need your receipt to get your red ring fixed? my friend is about to sell his 360 for ...
Page: 1

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

do you need your receipt to get your red ring fixed? my friend is about to sell his 360 for $50 with hard drive and all cables FASTTTT!

sexyrexy

i dont think you need receipt because they have a 3 year rrod warrenty from microsoft. so meaning like all 360's are covered.. but i believe you gotta pay for s/h each way.. dunno though because never had rrod

Banned

You nooblet why not just ask me lol.

As sexy said you get 3 year warrenty for RROD. You do not have to pay for shipping an handling. Uh.. Anything else you need to ask? I am like a pro calling MS support

Banned

Depends on the type of red ring you get. Every Xbox comes with a 1 year limited warranty, and a 3 year of the 3 rrod. There is also a 1 RROD which is only covered by the 1 year warranty, after that you will have to pay 100$ to get it fixed. Mine has the 1 rrod, but it can be fixed maybe, unfortunately mine wasn't fixable.

agendas

Warranty means nothing if you get red ring. Its a manufacturers error and they have to fix it even if your warranty is expired. They got sued in the beginning because of it.

Ok, nvm. Process of the 360 seems too long. I hear it's like a month. I was trying to get a quick buck haha.

I bought his 20gig HD for $20, to find out when I put it on mine it gives me the RROD. LMAO.

He refunded my money and my 360 has recovered from his bad HD.

I had a similar problem without the RRoD. When you first turn on my xbox if freezes at the xbox boot screen, with no RRoD. I calld Microsoft and those ass clowns wanted me to pay $100 for a system that I RARELY play and isn't even 2 years old. FFS I have an NES and original Atari system that is well over 20 years old that still work great. But these assholes can't get a $400 system to work 2 years. Just goes to show you how much testing they do.

Anyway, I wasn't going to pay $100 to have a piece of shit system fixed so I wrapped it in towels and watched it catch fire.

On a side note, selling Rockband 1 and 2 and Guitar hero 3 with the wireless Les Paul guitar.

CHEAPPPPPPPPPPP

Banned

If you got the 3 red rings then depending where you live depends on how long it will take. Time line: It took about 12 days for me to get back my xbox from them. Thing is i live near Texas which there repair center is from. My friend sent his off and within 5 days he got his 360 back. (he lives same city i live in) They tell you it will take upto 3-4 weeks to get your 360 back and for some people it does take 3-4 weeks.

Since you live in Phantom's bedroom, phantom lives in Canada, depending where in Canada they have a repair center i guess depends how long it will take them.

Banned

I just recently sent mine back and told them it had 3 red rings when it only had 1, I wonder what they will do.

If you got the 3 red rings then depending where you live depends on how long it will take. Time line: It took about 12 days for me to get back my xbox from them. Thing is i live near Texas which there repair center is from. My friend sent his off and within 5 days he got his 360 back. (he lives same city i live in) They tell you it will take upto 3-4 weeks to get your 360 back and for some people it does take 3-4 weeks.

Since you live in Phantom's bedroom, phantom lives in Canada, depending where in Canada they have a repair center i guess depends how long it will take them.[/b]
    it was a 1 night stand, now i live in california :lol: just too lazy to change it

yeh it suck it takes awhile but its free so watever if u got cash just go to walmart buy one swap the boxes and return it might have trouble if they scan the serial tho usually they dont

I just recently sent mine back and told them it had 3 red rings when it only had 1, I wonder what they will do.[/b]
    Hopefully they will fix it for you , just hope to not get a broken box back with spit on it lol

Banned

Hopefully they will fix it for you , just hope to not get a broken box back with spit on it lol[/b]
    I got it back and it works fine, even gave me a free 1 month of xbox live.

Banned

I got it back and it works fine, even gave me a free 1 month of xbox live.[/b]
    They always give a free 1 month XD Already used mine on a boosting account and it expired

I got it back and it works fine, even gave me a free 1 month of xbox live.[/b]
    Good to hear funny how it didnt even have rrod only had 1 light u said and they fixed it anyway lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast