Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

From alll the final fantasies...

This is a discussion on From alll the final fantasies... within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; I only played 10 and it was great... but i cant play it on my ps3 :/...
Page: 2

Black Walling Senior Member ReKon's Avatar

I only played 10 and it was great... but i cant play it on my ps3 :/

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

ugh im playing ff9. i dont like how the characters look like, but its a pretty good game

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    ugh im playing ff9. i dont like how the characters look like, but its a pretty good game
    +1 the thing i didnt like about 9 is there "limits breaks"

futureofhiphop

i played 7 8 9 10 10(2)

my fave of them is 7... final fantasy 7 is just classic.. great game

I've tried a lot of them. I really liked the SNES imports (V and VI i think), but maybe that's my retro side.

FF VIII and FF IX are tied for third place. They were the odd children of the family, but i digged them.
    FF VII is my 2nd choice, for all reasons already listed.

First place absolutely goes to... Final Fantasy Tactics. The system might not be to everyone's taste (i think quite a few were terrified by the Job Point system lol), but I was, and still am, blown away every time i call cyclops, bahamut, meteor spell, ice 4... etc. This is also one of the last few truly dark Final Fantasies... No game quite frustrated me like this, except emerald and ruby weapon, but that's only a section. I remember being KOd on tactics all game long :P

SliceAndDice

FF10 was just WoW =D the storyline was something , sexy graphics back then, Blitz ball was fukkin awesome i wish they had brought it back on the 13th :/ i played 8 and 9 they were both allright but X was the shit

i have ff7 on my psp and i dont really like it so far (ive been forcing myself to play it because everyoen says its so great)

FF10 was awesome i've beat that game several times, FFX-2 was good too, ending was kind of alet down

worst FF game is the gamecube one, crystal chronicles

crystal chronicles have never setup to their standard except on NDS / hand held version

FF7 was the best RPG at the time of release, of course it is not gonna be so great now due to crappy graphic and somewhat cliche storyline. (I never played it, but I also have it on PSP. I am about 3 hours in, and just like you it is pretty hard for me to play through it lol. The only FF series I played was FF9 and that game was pretty good.

Just gonna wait until FF13 and play that instead.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetYuber View Post
    crystal chronicles have never setup to their standard except on NDS / hand held version

FF7 was the best RPG at the time of release, of course it is not gonna be so great now due to crappy graphic and somewhat cliche storyline. (I never played it, but I also have it on PSP. I am about 3 hours in, and just like you it is pretty hard for me to play through it lol. The only FF series I played was FF9 and that game was pretty good.

i logged 29 hours for just a playthrough of ff7. went straight through the story, minus breeding a chocobo for a couple hours

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

I have FF7, 8, 9, and 10 and my 2 favorite are easily 7 and 10. I used to think that nothing would amount up to FF7 but i started playing 10 about a month ago and has keeped me busy since. There is so much more to it than i initially thought and is turning out to be one of my favorite games along with 7.

I still think i like 7 more though between the chocobo breeding and ultima and omega weapon. Not to mention Cloud and Sephiroth being completely awesome. It was also the first RPG i've ever played so i'm kind of stuck on it being my favorite and first.

As for 8 and 9 i haven't really gotten into them that much. I've heard good things about 9 but haven't actually played it yet. As for 8 i got about 30 mins in and then switched to FF10. I'll probably get to playing them eventually but for now i'm going to stick with 7 and 10.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Everyone says 8 is so bad, but only a few I've spoken to about it have actually finished it.

It's got such a bad ass story, and, you get to pilot around in a mobile fortress! Not to mention the invasion part of Galbladia Garden was so amazing, so was the assassination attempt on Edea. Card game and chocobo forests were pretty sweet too, but as far as chocobo's go, FF9 is my favorite.

I wish my FF8 Discs worked so I could play it again.

defo ff10 for me. not bad graphics and good storyline.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetYuber View Post

the whole save-the-earth storyline was cliche, but rest of it was good. and aeris's death was a surprise.(at that time, obviously)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    Everyone says 8 is so bad, but only a few I've spoken to about it have actually finished it.
    they suck.
    ff8 and ff7 = pure win.

Quote Originally Posted by ReKon View Post
    I only played 10 and it was great... but i cant play it on my ps3 :/
    haha u bought the new ps3. I got the first one that came out, which plays ps2 and ps3 games.and now its modded:P
    got all ps2 games and ps3(most of them)
    sony forcing people to buy the ps2 to play older games becuase the ps2 console is more popular

best ff game is obviously ff7. I liked it the best because of the materia system and becuase the best protagonist(one of the best, after Chrono) and the best antagonist created of all time(sephiroth). His music alone is unprecedented.
    I already hear terrible rumors about ff13 so im looking for the ff13versus ff7 , makers of kingdomhearts are collaborated in that one
    Last edited by Electr1c; 02-16-2010 at 01:35 AM.

ff6 does it for me

then ff10
    then ff9

seriously though.. FF6 could be the single best rpg ever made

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12