Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CoD4/WaW vs Gears 2

This is a discussion on CoD4/WaW vs Gears 2 within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Just wondering if i should get CoD4 or World at War or Gears of War 2 Now i plan on ...
Page: 1

Just wondering if i should get CoD4 or World at War or Gears of War 2

Now i plan on getting all of em but i had to send my 360 in for a repair lol 3RoD is so gaaaaaaaaay(but its on its way home now :wub

Anyways i can only get one atm and will have to deal with that for a while till i finish paying for my college books and shit Just wondering Havent played the first Gears of war either didnt have a 360 then and when i got it there were so many other things to get O_O, but i do plan on getting the first one to understand the storyline if i must its prob like 15 bucks or ill get it from a friend.

Xbox Live experience has to be good which is why i picked one of these, and if you have any of em please say so that way we can fight with guns and not the same shit we have been using in KO

Thx in advance for yalls suggestions (usually i can pick on my own but i just cant and am getting tired of seeing the videos on youtube from each one they just all look good)

agendas

never been a fan of cod so im gonna have to go for gears of war 2 but just rent and try em out before you waste your money. You can never ask if a game is good, you have to experience it for yourself and make your own decision.

GOW is a 3rd person shooter and COD5 is a 1st person. That is the main difference. COD5 you gain levels and gain perks and new weapons/attachments while its not like that on GOW. I prefer COD5 because of those things I said, but people have different tastes. I played GOW and I really didn't find it entertaining that much.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

pff halo>all :P

Banned

1 thing that sucks when getting your rrod repaired. Now if i make a new account i got to DL/buy all the needs for that game. Example: Halo 3 i paid for the map packs, well i made a free 1 month and it tells me i got to dl all the map packs. I said ok, but its telling me i got to pay for it again?!?!?! Wtf is this bull shit. So i called them up and they told me how to fix it but obviously it did not work. So.. You might have this problem if you decide to make a new account.

I don't like GOW. Played it and couldnt figure out who was who, online. Only played cod4 so, its good i liked it when i played with my clan but i quit playing it. I am a person who does not like playing games with diff buttins like COD and h3. so i stick to 1 game. I didnt play my xbox for like 4 months (rrod) when i finally got it repaired i tryed cod and i sucked so bad. so i said fuck it and played h3. Game i been playing ever since.

Boyce

Ive never played gow so i wont comment on it.
    Ive played cod4 and cod5 a lot. I prefer cod4. Why? i dont know i just do. If i were you i would just buy both. And switch between the two when you get a little bored of the other.

Well i got Gears 2 since it was a 3rd person shooter figure id go for something diffrent ive only played a bit cause im working all weekend but from the beggining i was really happy with the purchase i guess ill go more in depth with it on monday, but if i get a big christmas bonus ill prob go get COD4 or WaW as well.

ill come back and post about gears incase some others wanna know about it.

thx for the suggestions btw for those that play COD4 is there still a shitload of ppl on it or are most going for WaW now?

Banned

gears is a rly fun game and has some fun extra games on it like 1 where u defend urself for like 35 waves of the alien things =P, but the campaign seemd a bit short

Boyce

Well i got Gears 2 since it was a 3rd person shooter figure id go for something diffrent ive only played a bit cause im working all weekend but from the beggining i was really happy with the purchase i guess ill go more in depth with it on monday, but if i get a big christmas bonus ill prob go get COD4 or WaW as well.

ill come back and post about gears incase some others wanna know about it.

thx for the suggestions btw for those that play COD4 is there still a shitload of ppl on it or are most going for WaW now?[/b]
    shitload still

Wow is all i can say the gears 2 game is awesome from what ive seen of it and ive seen alot. The Matchmaking system is pretty gay but if u got plenty of friends it should be no prob, theres a bit of lag but if u know how to lead your shots again youre fine, Horde mode is just awesome going for 50 waves of locusts is no walk in the park and the Campaign mode is great dunno how else to put it engaging story no matter how u play it and its just all in all fun. Great Game Great Buy!

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

simple gtfo these lame ass games and get back on ko!

lol these games own KO , I say cod 4 is better then cod 5 IMO, but gears 2 is a different sort of game as its 3rd person shooter :P, but it is a great game and i find it fun online , but id go for cod 4 over cod 5 just because i prefer modern combat

I like Gears 2 more than CoD5. Two major differences I found in the games are that in CoD5 you need fast reflexes for aiming and shit and in GoW2 you need to be able to be able to play smart. Some of the moves people pull off there are ridiculous, go play wingman and you'll see people wall bouncing at the speed of light.

mahmoodxD

Personally id say Cod 4, that game is awesome, world at war is awesome too but idn

id recommend getting Cod 4 first, then gears 2

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

1 thing that sucks when getting your rrod repaired. Now if i make a new account i got to DL/buy all the needs for that game. Example: Halo 3 i paid for the map packs, well i made a free 1 month and it tells me i got to dl all the map packs. I said ok, but its telling me i got to pay for it again?!?!?! Wtf is this bull shit. So i called them up and they told me how to fix it but obviously it did not work. So.. You might have this problem if you decide to make a new account.

I don't like GOW. Played it and couldnt figure out who was who, online. Only played cod4 so, its good i liked it when i played with my clan but i quit playing it. I am a person who does not like playing games with diff buttins like COD and h3. so i stick to 1 game. I didnt play my xbox for like 4 months (rrod) when i finally got it repaired i tryed cod and i sucked so bad. so i said fuck it and played h3. Game i been playing ever since.[/b]
    i didn't read this yet... it's because people can just go over their friends houses redownload their maps on their console with their gamertag and voila free maps. you have to use the maps on the account you bought it with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast