DLC = SCAM

This is a discussion on DLC = SCAM within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Hey everyone. Most of you have a gaming console, may it be PS3 or Xbox 360. It doesn't matter. Gamemakers ...
Page: 1

Default DLC = SCAM

Hey everyone.

Most of you have a gaming console, may it be PS3 or Xbox 360. It doesn't matter. Gamemakers found a new (not that new) way to scam us again.

Downloadable content sounds pretty harmless but it's the evil work of game publishers.

This is how it works.

They release a game that is complete. You have singleplayer mode, survival mode, and multiplayer mode and everything works.

adding a map pack for multiplayer mode doesn't hurt anyone who wont buy the map pack right? Wrong.

In Call of Duty, where you additionally can buy map packs, you can play on non dlc maps too, but you are not playing with all the people anymore. you can only play with the ppl who have the same amount of map packs as you.

Now a game like Call of Duty isn't a big deal tbh. Because let's say 15m gamers have the game on your console. Even if 14m would buy the map packs you still have 1m players you could possibly play with... more then enough, but still not the capacity you should be able to play with. Kinda gay.

But try to play a game like Assassins Creed Brotherhood where the most players have the map pack. If you don't have the map pack, you will literally be playing this game with like.. 20-30 more persons. I do know like the 50% of all players by their name i play with all the time. It's the fucking cancer. Matchmaking in 15 minutes..? GG

Just a side note: My xbl account i have blackops on, is worth like over 250$ just because of black ops. 100$ the game, another 150$ on map packs.

Thanks ubisoft/activision/infinityward/treyarch etc. for being THE legit scammers of the century.

Tl:dr DLC equals scam.

We need to unite and fight this.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

I do agree it's bs. It's the new way to rip people off. But no matter how much people moan and whine about it, they're still paying for it.
    I miss the good old times when you would just buy the game and play it untill you got bored or untill they relased a brand new game.

KalaBunga Senior Member

when mw2 was reasled i loved it alone but the pc version got left alone by IF / activison, i brought 2 map backs , but i cant believe that i spend money on that from the 8 new maps a totaal of 3 were just from mw1.

a game that gets dlc content is not complete in my opinoin

All the old characters are there, including the useless ones